Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oliers sign UFA Matt Benning to ELC

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Nothing wrong with a free lottery ticket. I also appreciate the fact that this one didn't require the Grand Tour of all 30 NHL cities with flights on private planes to each before making up his mind. It's almost like he keeps his ego in check or something.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Nothing wrong with a free lottery ticket. I also appreciate the fact that this one didn't require the Grand Tour of all 30 NHL cities with flights on private planes to each before making up his mind. It's almost like he keeps his ego in check or something.

Was he that sought after? I hear he has a good skill set and the potential to be an NHLer, we will see though, I don't buy into the college fa hype though, since Schultz that is

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Nothing wrong with a free lottery ticket.

My thoughts as well. Even if he only ever provides above average AHL play, I'd be happy. We need our AHL team to start making the playoffs and go on a run. It's important guys like Caggulia, Nurse/Reinhart, etc. get as much development time as needed, and any extra playoff games will speed that process up.

If he turned into a RH version of Oesterle, I'd consider it a win.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
More of a shut down dman bottom pairing if he improves his skating a number 4 but long shot I would take that

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Interesting call.

Former Bruins draft pick 2012, so Chiarelli knows what he is getting.

Lookslike Jim Benning is Matt Benning's uncle.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Smart play by the Oilers, knowing they can probably trade him to Vancouver for way more than he's worth.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
To be honest, I'm not sure I like how easy it is for an NCAA player to just instantly become a UFA.

Vesey is one thing but this guy is a year younger.

It feels like any NCAA-bound pick that isn't exceptionally talented in such a way that they'd be making the team at an early age is a 100% waste.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
To be honest, I'm not sure I like how easy it is for an NCAA player to just instantly become a UFA.

Vesey is one thing but this guy is a year younger.

It feels like any NCAA-bound pick that isn't exceptionally talented in such a way that they'd be making the team at an early age is a 100% waste.

Couldn't a CHL player do exactly the same thing if he didn't sign after completing his overage season?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Well, he's quite smart since his uncle and cousin won't be here for too much longer. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders... Doesn't want to join a sinking ship, but rather a rising potential dynasty. Makes perfect sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad