Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers sign D Cody Ceci (4 years, $3.25M AAV)

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
They'll just keep pounding crap teams like Vancouver no doubt and you will never tire of being wrong about everything. :laugh::laugh:
Pounding? A one goal win and a shootout win is “pounding”? :huh:. Also both things a posted are factual true. So how is that being wrong

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Ceci isnt very good. And I like the guy. Just wait until you start losing. Then the microscope will be on him for you guys.

Compared to what? How many players who signed for under 3.25M per year last off-season are out performing him?
Like seriously, dude.
What are you even talking about? What are you here for?
Nobody expects Cici to carry the team. The fact that he's been sold playing on the 2nd pairing for 3.25M per year and as a UFA to boot is just amazing.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Maybe next year the Canucks will win a game against the Oilers. Good luck little guy. :thumbu:

Sorry, but right now, the Canucks shouldn't be beating the Oilers, and if they do, the Oilers better check themselves.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Compared to what? How many players who signed for under 3.25M per year last off-season are out performing him?
Like seriously, dude.
What are you even talking about? What are you here for?
Nobody expects Cici to carry the team. The fact that he's been sold playing on the 2nd pairing for 3.25M per year and as a UFA to boot is just amazing.
I'm here to tell you he isnt as good as the handful of games where you've seen him punch above his weight.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm here to tell you he isnt as good as the handful of games where you've seen him punch above his weight.
That's true but that's all these boards are at this moment, early predictions and early evals. Early

However the logic in favor of Ceci and this contract are quite solid. The fans that hate him the most are the ones that had him at his youngest and hes gotten more favorable reviews the farther along hes been. At 27 hes just reaching the age when a lot of Dmen really put it together.

Also as a 2nd pairing guy hes at least at a lesser role than what he was for a lot of his Toronto time

As far as I'm concerned Ceci is a lock to have a great year as long as he stays conservative. He's not in a contract year so I dont think he'd cheat for offense with bad pinches (what hes known for). With Barrie and Bouchard, it's not like the team would need to put him in an offensive role either

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
Every player has their slumps. I am not sure why people are so keen to see him fail.

As a Leaf fan that wasn't happy with his play here, however, I'm very happy he's found his stride in EDM. He looks like a good guy that had his confidence shot because of a bad situation. He's got the talent to stick in this league, just not the toolbox. Hope he continues playing well!

Reactions: Connor McBaevid

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012

And I am here to tell you that Ceci has been doubted and talked down on for seasons. Just because the leafs didn't use him correctly doesn't mean he isn't a good d-man You couldn't have asked for a better d-man last year on the Pens, he did everything asked of him and then some, he was ROCK solid. He chipped in offensively and was awesome along the wall and getting the puck out of the zone and up ice. Even showed some toughness.

Would have loved to see him back on the squad but the money wasn't going to work and Ceci deserves every penny he was paid.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
A bottom 16 team for 5v5 has made this age poorly? Congratulations on being propped up by a good power play

The salt! Some advice, maybe watch a game instead of looking up obscure stats. Ceci has been fantastic.

Bottom 16 teams in goals against at even strength? The oilers are tied for 14th in the league on 5v5 GA's. That's a good thing, we are never going to be an elite defensive team with the way we play. The Oilers outscore their opposition and play firewagon hockey.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
And I am here to tell you that Ceci has been doubted and talked down on for seasons. Just because the leafs didn't use him correctly doesn't mean he isn't a good d-man You couldn't have asked for a better d-man last year on the Pens, he did everything asked of him and then some, he was ROCK solid. He chipped in offensively and was awesome along the wall and getting the puck out of the zone and up ice. Even showed some toughness.

Would have loved to see him back on the squad but the money wasn't going to work and Ceci deserves every penny he was paid.

Wow, great to hear! I hope he continues his solid play for the Oilers for the rest of the season. No complaints so far that's for sure.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB

I don’t think Ceci is a world beater but why do the detractors not reply when the last team that had him for all of last year give a review of his play.
He said himself he doesn’t try to be the offensive dman he was drafted but a 2way defenseman that is focusing on defense first.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Every player has their slumps. I am not sure why people are so keen to see him fail.

I really don't care either way - not at all, I actually hope he succeeds as he tried his best in Ottawa. It's not that at all, it's that he's simply not very good.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Don't see how it can or will as Ottawa fans saw him long enough to know that he's not that good. But you can hope.
Do you realise that was 3 years ago players mature and get steadier.
We had Justin Schultz who had very good offensive skills and put up numbers but was a mess defensively going - 22, - 27 in some seasons right before leaving. He went to the penguins in a lesser roll but up some offense played behind Letang in that type of roll and was +25 in goal differential in multiple seasons and won a Stanley cup.

I'm not going to sit here and be like nope he's the same player well penguins fans said he's changed his game and playing better in a lesser role.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
You can bump a thread 7 games into a contract all you want, doesn't mean his positive play will continue.

Considering everyone who watched him in Pitt last year liked his play, and it has continued this year and he's a 27 year old Dman with 500+ games (prime age for D) I wouldn't bet against it. He's certainly playing to the level of a 3M #4D.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Considering everyone who watched him in Pitt last year liked his play, and it has continued this year and he's a 27 year old Dman with 500+ games (prime age for D) I wouldn't bet against it. He's certainly playing to the level of a 3M #4D.

Good luck, you never know!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad