Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers re-sign Tyson Barrie (3 years, $4.5M AAV)

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Every time I see Tyson Barrie's name, I laugh. Because I am reminded of Summer 2019, when the Kadri-for-Barrie deal was made.

And some Toronto homers on social media were comparing it to the DeMar DeRozan for Kawhi Leonard trade, and were saying that the Maple Leafs were destined to win the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: razor ray

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He looked great last season and at times in the playoffs. He had one down year in Toronto and has been trolled for it.

Hope they get the deal done and it's around 5M.

Even then, it was only like half a season under Babcock. I love it though. His BS reputation seems to be keeping the price down for us. The leading scorer amongst dmen last year, and we’re getting him for less than guys like Schmidt and Myers? Hell yeah! Sign me up

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What's with all the moronic comments?

I'm not a big fan of the Barrie signing because of the makeup of the Oilers defense but he's a good player, a flawed player but a good player nonetheless. The comments in this thread about how bad this is are idiotic quite frankly.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
EDM defense...is it playoffs caliber ?

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Bear
Russell-Bouchard
It is playoffs calibre because the rest of their division STINKS!

Vegas is good. But beyond them:

- Vancouver
- Calgary
- San Jose
- Anaheim
- Los Angeles
- Seattle

This is pathetic.

At least 3 teams from that stinky division will make the playoffs. Surely Edmonton, with 2 of the best players in the league at forward, can make the playoffs ahead of those teams that were listed.

Even Buffalo would maybe even have a chance at the playoffs if they played in that division.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
This would be fantastic news. Really love Barrie, BUT concerned about having him, bear, and bouchard in terms of the defensive side.

Aug 3, 2010
If the rumour is 3 years, I think you'd have to expect 5.5m+ AAV.

Which, even as a short term contract, is not great on the cap.

Aug 3, 2010
I’d add an extra $1M per year for the Edmonton discount.
We get it dude, you have literally nothing else going on in your life on a Tuesday night.

Give it a rest, some of us are here to talk hockey. I'm not even an Edmonton fan and your posts are unoriginal and frankly boring digital clutter.

Either be original or contribute to the actual topic at hand… or both, if you're able.

Last edited:

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Honestly, after Vegas and Colorado basically the entire Western conference has question marks. It's not inconceivable the Oil go on a run if McDrai go off.

It's unlikely but not impossible.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Seems the Oilers don't have much faith in Bouchard and with his skating I wouldn't either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad