Proposal: EDM-NYR

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
Pulju for Buch
IMO it is not realistic.
Both have almost the same number of games in the NHL... Buch has 0,54 PPG .. Pulju 0,27 PPG. I know, Pulju is promising , 3 years younger than Buch.. but this time Jesse is a little bit disappointment for me. He really needs change or he could be on the similar way as Nail Yakupov.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Lias has more potential. Center, Power forward and potential leader.

liv4socr20

Jul 18, 2009
I proposed this in the other thread. It’s a bit bigger of a deal but meets the needs of both teams.

NYR Get:
Edm 1st 19
Bouchard
Puljujarvi
Kassian
Manning
Plus another 1-2 yr cap dump if needed.

EDM Get:
Kreider
Pionk
Namestikov
3rd NYR 19 or equivalent value of picks

Rationale:

Kreider Pionk =< Edm 1st + Bouchard
This is the foundational piece JG holding out for Kreider. The package stings for Edmonton but Pionk a lower ceiling top 6 nhl ready d can play right away and improve the team speed of edm with Kreider and Namestikov. Improves Edm vastly now and NYR get the foundational D man for rebuild.

Namestikov + 3rd>/= Kassian + Manning + Pujiljarvi + additional short term cap dump

If the value was just Namestikov + 3rd for kassian + pul party it would favor edm slightly. By allowing EDM to dump a few bad contracts on this part of the deal it swings the value over the Rags slightly IMO.

This allows edm to shed some bad contracts, significantly improve over the next 1.5 years, and could land the NYR a foundational piece for their rebuild. Additional picks can be added or B/C level prospects but overall accomplished what both teams want.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think the NYR are pretty high on Anthony DeAngelo so I am sure you will get a big " NO " . His name has been mention in many threads and NYR aren't too keen on moving him .
Yeah. Basically this. It’s a fine offer value-wise but the Rangers (fans, at least) are pretty excited by ADA’s potential. He’s not untouchable but it would require a more sure-thing.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
values are very subjective
Not really. Values are pretty clear. Whether a team wants to move a player at the current, that’s a different story. But the value of a particular player within the professsional community at any given time is fairly stable.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Best offer from the Rangers for PoolParty

NYR 2019 3rd round pick.

It's an early 3rd. You should be able to salvage something from a former 4th OA kid that is showing bust more than boom at this stage

Virtanen wasn't looking too good at 20 . How would that look today if Vancouver traded him ? How many Europeans players don't break out until 22,23 or 24 years old . They are coming to a new country , different style of hockey , culture shock , aways from their families and add to the fact Puljujarvi could not speak english like at all . Then there the fact his first year he came over he was injured and could not trade . I find it funny people will call a 20 year old a bust out of one side of their mouths and out of the other side they will say Kreider has more potential .

So NYR players has potential into their late 20 but other teams player are bust at 20 . I got it .

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Virtanen wasn't looking too good at 20 . How would that look today if Vancouver traded him ? How many Europeans players don't break out until 22,23 or 24 years old . They are coming to a new country , different style of hockey , culture shock , aways from their families and add to the fact Puljujarvi could not speak english like at all . Then there the fact his first year he came over he was injured and could not trade . I find it funny people will call a 20 year old a bust out of one side of their mouths and out of the other side they will say Kreider has more potential .

So NYR players has potential into their late 20 but other teams player are bust at 20 . I got it .

Virtanen still doesn’t look great. Was brought up too early and even when he got sent back down to the AHL he didn’t look great.

He looks ok now, like a serviceable player, but nowhere close to justifying his draft position. Same goes for Poolparty.

Jesse isn’t a total bust yet, but the notion of valuing him in accordance with his draft position is lunacy.

Edmonton most likely won’t get much for him at this point and should hold onto him. End of story.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Best offer from the Rangers for PoolParty

NYR 2019 3rd round pick.

It's an early 3rd. You should be able to salvage something from a former 4th OA kid that is showing bust more than boom at this stage

You "best" offer is politely refused.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I might do Namestnikov for Puljujärvi but I'm not going to go crazy for him. There is no reason to. I'm not dealing Buchnevich for Puljujärvi. Buchnevich has shown more. Namestnikov plays up to the talent of his line, and is versatile enough to plug in elsewhere if his doesnt fit with a McDavid. Namestnikov also isnt a player that really hurts a team anyway but he is solid.

Point is, I am not going crazy for Puljujärvi and I dont think the Rangers are going to get in a bidding war. Also don't think the Rangera and Oilers match

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

I never made that statement.

However, the next time the Rangers have the 4th overall pick playing on the same team as McDavid and spits the bit as much as pool party has, I will label them as much a bust as I have pool party

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad