Proposal: EDM-NYR

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
*some* value? They are getting a PPG Center on a great contract. a PPG center is what you *hope* to get with a 1st round pick. in other words, why pass on the prize and take the mystery door when the the items possible behind the mystery door are the same or less than the prize?

Even if you wash those two out, its a bust prospect and an ALBATROSS of a contract for a useful player.

Yeah, no.

Guess you do not understand sracasm...

Point of my post what to discredit an Oilers fan thinking he could get ome value out of a Lucic deal... Which is in fact impossible even when you had up their 1st and Pulju

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
EDM:
Jesse Puljujarvi
Matt Benning
2020 2nd Round pick
Maybe a decent prospect like Bear or Hebig?

NYR:
Vladislav Namestnikov
Anthony DeAngelo

How about Pujujarvi , Lucic and Edmonton 1st for Zibanejab + 1 of Buch or Names

Two of the most offensive offers I've seen in awhile. Basically asking for our best D and best F whilst offering horrific contracts and complete disappointments. I think it is safe to say neither ADA or Zibby are going anywhere unless the offers are ridiculous.

Pulju for Pionk + 3rd

Pulju for Names + 3rd

Pulju for Buch

Probably more realistic returns.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Two of the most offensive offers I've seen in awhile. Basically asking for our best D and best F whilst offering horrific contracts and complete disappointments. I think it is safe to say neither ADA or Zibby are going anywhere unless the offers are ridiculous.

Pulju for Pionk + 3rd

Pulju for Names + 3rd

Pulju for Buch

First 2 are ok - I wouldn't be happy with the last one. Buch isn't amazing or anything but he's a solid player considering he was a 3rd round pick. Too much risk that Pulju will end up busting for me to want to trade away Buch for him.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Guess you do not understand sracasm...

Point of my post what to discredit an Oilers fan thinking he could get ome value out of a Lucic deal... Which is in fact impossible even when you had up their 1st and Pulju

I was agreeing with you.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Pulju for Pionk + 3rd

Pulju for Names + 3rd

Pulju for Buch

Would touch any one of them.

Pool party does not garner that return.

A pick at most.

Late 2nd/early 3rd

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
EDM:
Jesse Puljujarvi
Matt Benning
2020 2nd Round pick

NYR:
Vladislav Namestnikov
Anthony DeAngelo

- I've always been a fan of Namestnikov. He was incredible playing with Kucherov and Stamkos is Tampa and can hold his own very well in NYR.
-I'm also a big Jesse fan. I'd opt to keep him, but with rumours of a change of scenery, Rangers get a recent top pick to join their rebuild. The pick is likely to be decent too.

-From what I've read, DeAngelo has been a constant health bomb this season. I think his skill is there and with a swap with Benning, Oilers would have room for him.

Value close? Thoughts?

***Side note.
Other forwards I think Oilers should pursue are Coyle, Ho-Sang, Niederreiter (too late for this one), Burakovsky, Dal Colle, Ehlers and Kadri. Some of these are obviously cheaper than others. Ehlers and Kadri are sick and I don't think their respective teams should trade them, but with the cap crunches these teams are entering, maybe you can jar them loose if we can find the room.
For dmen, Ghostisbehere, Gudas, Parayko and Montour.

Let me know your thoughts.

Why not just trade Puljujarvi for Namestnikov?
I think Ranger fans would be open to that.

Reactions: charliemurphy

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
counter offer

do not want/no interest
Matt Benning
2020 2nd Round pick

surrendered by
EDM:
Jesse Puljujarvi, expiring elc -> rfa
Tobias Rieder, 2m exp w/rfa
Alex Petrovic, 1.95m exp ->UFA
EDM 2019 and 2002 1st unprotected

NYR:
Pavel Buchnevich same as Poolparty, cancel out
Vladislav Namestnikov, 4m x 2, Rangers eat half both years = 2m per this year canceled out by Rieder
Anthony DeAngelo 863,333 exp. elc -> rfa
absorbed by Petrovic and gives Oil just over 1m+ instant cap relief
NYR 2019 and 2002 2nd unconditional
---
Rieder's rfa rights can be reacquired for 2019 or 2020 7th.

Analysis:
OBJECTIVES
Rangers want to pare down to a base core that will be retained and benefit from more minutes under coach Quinn now, which helps set up future, while having reduced depth help lose for hughes

Oil want to improve, make playoffs, cap relief, get out from under Poolparty with something they can live with [mindful unreasonable asks to date will not be met].

REVIEW
Poolparty MAY one day, only on basis of superior physical specimen, be better than Buch [now or as he further develops]. However, that is a COLOSSAL and increasingly unlikely maybe. Draisatil, when he first got up, was lost on both his skating and reaction time; 2 or so months later, he looks like the stud he is. PP has had 2+ full seasons and looks nowhere near ready, the odd rare flash notwitstanding
Buch for Puljujarv, win for Oil

Namest for Reider, with option to reacquire RFA rights:
huge upgrade [AINEC] for EDM. At worst Namest is a solid middle 6 F, but again, there is track record he can work with elite talent [Stamkos, etc].

Anthony DeAngelo = upgrade over Petrovic, and DeA's rfa = cost control.
While Petrovic [3rd pair-ish] has size, DeA [1st pair-ish]is way more talented, so big upgrade, win for Oil.

swap of picks
key is to realize this is not loss of 2 selections, but both picks moving down.
With these instant improvement adds, Oil reasonably project to middle or better for 2019 pick, Rangers likely are an early selection
EDM retain benefit into next year, Rangers could see fast turnaround, but remains to be seen.
Obvious, edge to Rangers.

Conclusion:
on paper, value fair, win win, Oil get instant improvement, cap relief; Rangers get picks upgrade and long term objectives.

That achieves OP desire to add Names + DeA, and more, and NYR wins also.

You can not trade for picks that already been made . Plus no way Edmonton offer 2 unprotect first for average run of the mill type of players

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
EDM:
Jesse Puljujarvi
Matt Benning
2020 2nd Round pick

NYR:
Vladislav Namestnikov
Anthony DeAngelo

- I've always been a fan of Namestnikov. He was incredible playing with Kucherov and Stamkos is Tampa and can hold his own very well in NYR.
-I'm also a big Jesse fan. I'd opt to keep him, but with rumours of a change of scenery, Rangers get a recent top pick to join their rebuild. The pick is likely to be decent too.

-From what I've read, DeAngelo has been a constant health bomb this season. I think his skill is there and with a swap with Benning, Oilers would have room for him.

Value close? Thoughts?

***Side note.
Other forwards I think Oilers should pursue are Coyle, Ho-Sang, Niederreiter (too late for this one), Burakovsky, Dal Colle, Ehlers and Kadri. Some of these are obviously cheaper than others. Ehlers and Kadri are sick and I don't think their respective teams should trade them, but with the cap crunches these teams are entering, maybe you can jar them loose if we can find the room.

Jesse and a 3rd for Namesitkov and Pionk

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
has he learned to play D yet or is he still a turnover/goals against machine?

He’s been our best defender for a while now. Pionk started off the year great. DeAngelo has been amazing, but Quinn seems to be doing the same stupid things that AV did and scratching guys who are playing well in favor of veterans or players he favors.

Skjei should have been scratched ten times over and has barely missed a shift. Staal has been dogshit, but you’d never know from how much Quinn plays him. Buchnevich was getting scratched continuously and being put on the 4th line, while Howden, who has been shit since November before he got injured, would never get any type of discipline for his play.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
EDM:
Jesse Puljujarvi
Matt Benning
2020 2nd Round pick

NYR:
Vladislav Namestnikov
Anthony DeAngelo

Value close? Thoughts?

***Side note.

What do you have outside of drais that would remotely interest blues especially since they just secured 3rd place in central and climbing

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Best offer from the Rangers for PoolParty

NYR 2019 3rd round pick.

It's an early 3rd. You should be able to salvage something from a former 4th OA kid that is showing bust more than boom at this stage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad