Proposal: EDM-NYR

BeastMode97

Jan 4, 2015
EDM:
Jesse Puljujarvi
Matt Benning
2020 2nd Round pick
Maybe a decent prospect like Bear or Hebig?

NYR:
Vladislav Namestnikov
Anthony DeAngelo

- I've always been a fan of Namestnikov. He was incredible playing with Kucherov and Stamkos is Tampa and can hold his own very well in NYR.
-I'm also a big Jesse fan. I'd opt to keep him, but with rumours of a change of scenery, Rangers get a recent top pick to join their rebuild. The pick is likely to be decent too.

-From what I've read, DeAngelo has been a constant health bomb this season. I think his skill is there and with a swap with Benning, Oilers would have room for him.

Value close? Thoughts?

***Side note.
Other forwards I think Oilers should pursue are Coyle, Ho-Sang, Niederreiter (too late for this one), Burakovsky, Dal Colle, Ehlers and Kadri. Some of these are obviously cheaper than others. Ehlers and Kadri are sick and I don't think their respective teams should trade them, but with the cap crunches these teams are entering, maybe you can jar them loose if we can find the room.
For dmen, Ghostisbehere, Gudas, Parayko and Montour.

Let me know your thoughts.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
EDM:
Jesse Puljujarvi
Matt Benning
2020 2nd Round pick

NYR:
Vladislav Namestnikov
Anthony DeAngelo

- I've always been a fan of Namestnikov. He was incredible playing with Kucherov and Stamkos is Tampa and can hold his own very well in NYR.
-I'm also a big Jesse fan. I'd opt to keep him, but with rumours of a change of scenery, Rangers get a recent top pick to join their rebuild. The pick is likely to be decent too.

-From what I've read, DeAngelo has been a constant health bomb this season. I think his skill is there and with a swap with Benning, Oilers would have room for him.

Value close? Thoughts?

***Side note.
Other forwards I think Oilers should pursue are Coyle, Ho-Sang, Niederreiter (too late for this one), Burakovsky, Dal Colle, Ehlers and Kadri. Some of these are obviously cheaper than others. Ehlers and Kadri are sick and I don't think their respective teams should trade them, but with the cap crunches these teams are entering, maybe you can jar them loose if we can find the room.
For dmen, Ghostisbehere, Gudas, Parayko and Montour.

Let me know your thoughts.

I think the NYR are pretty high on Anthony DeAngelo so I am sure you will get a big " NO " . His name has been mention in many threads and NYR aren't too keen on moving him .

BeastMode97

Jan 4, 2015
I think the NYR are pretty high on Anthony DeAngelo so I am sure you will get a big " NO " . His name has been mention in many threads and NYR aren't too keen on moving him .

Fair enough. All I really know of him is he's be scratched a couple times and I remember liking him at his draft.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Still thinking you can drop Lucic's contract and get some value in a deal... That's sweet

*some* value? They are getting a PPG Center on a great contract. a PPG center is what you *hope* to get with a 1st round pick. in other words, why pass on the prize and take the mystery door when the the items possible behind the mystery door are the same or less than the prize?

Even if you wash those two out, its a bust prospect and an ALBATROSS of a contract for a useful player.

Yeah, no.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
EDM:
Jesse Puljujarvi
Matt Benning
2020 2nd Round pick

NYR:
Vladislav Namestnikov
Anthony DeAngelo

Value close? Thoughts?
***Side note......Let me know your thoughts.

no, but a good effort, my counter is below.

DeAngelo is not entirely unavailable, but is very talented, has turned the corner, and is actual righty RD.

How about Pujujarvi , Lucic and Edmonton 1st for Zibanejab + 1 of Buch or Names
No.
We get much more for Zib separately, undervalued here, Pulj overvalued, and Lucic with all that term on top of the $, no. If Seabrook ever relinquishes his NMC, maybe Hawks will do biz w/you on Lucic.

counter offer next post

Reactions: egelband

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Absolutely not.

- I highly doubt Zibanejad would be moved unless he’s a part of a package for McDavid and Edmonton isn’t dealing McDavid.

- Would you deal Draisaitl and Khaira for a package of Vesey, Marc Staal and a 1st rounder?

Typical fans . I don't want a package for my player but I will take your player for a package . Of Course 1st rd pick have difference values . What about if that pick is a 1st OA ?
Absolutely not.

- I highly doubt Zibanejad would be moved unless he’s a part of a package for McDavid and Edmonton isn’t dealing McDavid.

- Would you deal Draisaitl and Khaira for a package of Vesey, Marc Staal and a 1st rounder?

If we were rebuilding and depending on where that first fell maybe . But I also understand why you would say no . I would say no as well . Now if it was a top 5 pick in 2020 that entirely different .

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Typical fans . I don't want a package for my player but I will take your player for a package . Of Course 1st rd pick have difference values . What about if that pick is a 1st OA ?

If we were rebuilding and depending on where that first fell maybe . But I also understand why you would say no . I would say no as well . Now if it was a top 5 pick in 2020 that entirely different .

That is the point he was making. You wouldn't take that kind of package for Draisaitl so why would we take that kind of package for Zibby?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Take out the plus Buch or Names and that still doesnt get you Zib

Names was in there as I thought most NYR fans viewed him as a cap dump . I also understand Lucic pulls the value of that pick down . I think this trade would need to be done in the off season . Zibanejab is a great player but his best years could be gone before you are ready to compete and if that pick becomes a 1st overall your GM may jump at it if it was offered . Fans get attached to a name
but being the nice fellow that I am I am letting you keep the Name :sarcasm:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That is the point he was making. You wouldn't take that kind of package for Draisaitl so why would we take that kind of package for Zibby?

If the right package was offer for Draisaitl I would take it . Plus values are very subjective . A rebuilding team might value a high 1st over a player that could be out of their prime when they are ready to compete .

edit :
I am not trying to sell you on the ideal . I started a thread for value of Edmonton pick 1 thru 6 . I don't trust the OBC to make the right decisions with the pick or the young player that comes from the pick . So feel free to make an offer on the pick . If salary is coming back we have to sent it back

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If the right package was offer for Draisaitl I would take it . Plus values are very subjective . A rebuilding team might value a high 1st over a player that could be out of their prime when they are ready to compete .

Right. That is the point. What you offered isn't even remotely close to the right package for Zibanejad. The offer proposed by another Rangers fan wasn't legitimate, it was to show you how bad the offer was.

While I fully acknowledge that Edmonton's first is likely to be high, you overestimate the value Puljujarvi has (as does Edmonton management apparently) and underestimate the negative value that a contract like Lucic has. On top of that, asking for a guy like Buch just makes it worse.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
counter offer

do not want/no interest
Matt Benning
2020 2nd Round pick

surrendered by
EDM:
Jesse Puljujarvi, expiring elc -> rfa
Tobias Rieder, 2m exp w/rfa
Alex Petrovic, 1.95m exp ->UFA
EDM 2019 and 2002 1st unprotected

NYR:
Pavel Buchnevich same as Poolparty, cancel out
Vladislav Namestnikov, 4m x 2, Rangers eat half both years = 2m per this year canceled out by Rieder
Anthony DeAngelo 863,333 exp. elc -> rfa
absorbed by Petrovic and gives Oil just over 1m+ instant cap relief
NYR 2019 and 2002 2nd unconditional
---
Rieder's rfa rights can be reacquired for 2019 or 2020 7th.

Analysis:
OBJECTIVES
Rangers want to pare down to a base core that will be retained and benefit from more minutes under coach Quinn now, which helps set up future, while having reduced depth help lose for hughes

Oil want to improve, make playoffs, cap relief, get out from under Poolparty with something they can live with [mindful unreasonable asks to date will not be met].

REVIEW
Poolparty MAY one day, only on basis of superior physical specimen, be better than Buch [now or as he further develops]. However, that is a COLOSSAL and increasingly unlikely maybe. Draisatil, when he first got up, was lost on both his skating and reaction time; 2 or so months later, he looks like the stud he is. PP has had 2+ full seasons and looks nowhere near ready, the odd rare flash notwitstanding
Buch for Puljujarv, win for Oil

Namest for Reider, with option to reacquire RFA rights:
huge upgrade [AINEC] for EDM. At worst Namest is a solid middle 6 F, but again, there is track record he can work with elite talent [Stamkos, etc].

Anthony DeAngelo = upgrade over Petrovic, and DeA's rfa = cost control.
While Petrovic [3rd pair-ish] has size, DeA [1st pair-ish]is way more talented, so big upgrade, win for Oil.

swap of picks
key is to realize this is not loss of 2 selections, but both picks moving down.
With these instant improvement adds, Oil reasonably project to middle or better for 2019 pick, Rangers likely are an early selection
EDM retain benefit into next year, Rangers could see fast turnaround, but remains to be seen.
Obvious, edge to Rangers.

Conclusion:
on paper, value fair, win win, Oil get instant improvement, cap relief; Rangers get picks upgrade and long term objectives.

That achieves OP desire to add Names + DeA, and more, and NYR wins also.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

The package is horrible. You want a point per game center for a horrible package and your entire justification to it is that the 1st rounder could be the 1st overall pick, which it probably will not be with Edmonton’s current situation. Even with that, it’s still a horrible package in which you want to dump Milan Lucic’s contract, which is probably the worst in the league right now and that’s saying something, considering the Rangers have Lundqvist and Marc Staal under contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad