Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NYR] Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
We should have never given Spooner $4 mil per.
Actually I think it’s a pretty reasonable deal. And I kind of expect him to eventually put up better numbers. He just wasn’t a good fit with what the rangers are doing. He probably has the skill to put up good numbers in the right system. In fact, I could see him getting lots of space and springing a guy like McDavid for a ton of breakaways.

Reactions: will1066

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Johansen for Jones trade was a win-win
Spooner for Strome trade is probably more a meh-meh trade

It doesn't hurt either team, it doesn't benefit either team (for now). I think Strome has slightly more upside so there's some hope we get a tiny bit more out of this. No problem with the trade.

Reactions: kovazub94

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I used to think Spooner was a solid player, and a good 3rd line scoring center on a good team. Boy, has that changed. I now have more faith in Strome than in Spooner, and I hate Strome.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Spooner and Quinn just didnt mesh, I wouldnt be surprised to see him do well either on McDavids wing or Draisaitl's

Reactions: egelband

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Did you read the Post? Brooks said there were no takers after the Rangers qualified him.
He was salary filler in the Nash trade. The phantom points made some people think otherwise but he was ~worthless throughout the league. Bruins were at the cap.

Like, maybe if he was a $1M salary player he'd be worth a 5th or something but not as his Qualifying Offer, let alone $4M. If he could have gotten a pick, the Bruins would have done that last year to anyone who would have given it to them and NOT retained Beleskey's salary in the Nash deal.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Spooner and Quinn just didnt mesh, I wouldnt be surprised to see him do well either on McDavids wing or Draisaitl's
Totally. McDavid creates a ton of space. Spooner needs space. He can be effective in that situation I believe. Strome seems to be a nice match for the rangers too. But I have a feeling Spooner pays more immediate dividends. But that’s cool. It was kind of a no-win situation for JG. And good karma to send a guy to a team where he has a better chance of maximizing his game.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Totally. McDavid creates a ton of space. Spooner needs space. He can be effective in that situation I believe. Strome seems to be a nice match for the rangers too. But I have a feeling Spooner pays more immediate dividends. But that’s cool. It was kind of a no-win situation for JG. And good karma to send a guy to a team where he has a better chance of maximizing his game.

Wasn’t Strome obtained by the Oilers with a thought he’d be able to mess with McDavid but cheaper than Eberle?

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Spooner was about as effective as eating spaghetti with a spoon

That is actually how you eat it

images

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Added bonus: better relationship with Chiarelli.

Hopefully Spooner lights it up with McDavid and ol' Chia comes looking Gorton's way when he's buying at the deadline.

If I was a GM, Chia and Dorion would be on my speed dial.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Johansen for Jones trade was a win-win
Spooner for Strome trade is probably more a meh-meh trade

It doesn't hurt either team, it doesn't benefit either team (for now). I think Strome has slightly more upside so there's some hope we get a tiny bit more out of this. No problem with the trade.
Brooks thinks Strome can boot McLord off the fourth line.

Upside.

Come get Strome bro

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
What the **** lol

Well our 4h line recently pacing for 00.01% shot accuracy, it can`t be much worse with Ryan Strome. :xbg:
But I project him to be a top 9 player though, because he has still potential as @Ola mentioned - the key is to get the most of out of him concerning his talent.

Reactions: will1066

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I would have preferred a pick, but Spooner was **** this year so what kind of pick would he return? Totally invisible.

Not sure Strome really fits into the rebuild, but I guess he's young enough to still conceivably become something decent.

Whatever. Lateral move even if we returned a better player.
This is the justification I'm going with as well, especially considering the timing.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Well our 4h line recently pacing for 00.01% shot accuracy, it can`t be much worse with Ryan Strome. :xbg:
But I project him to be a top 9 player though, because he has still potential as @Ola mentioned - the key is to get the most of out of him concerning his talent.

I project him to be a top 12 player.

Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad