Proposal: [EDM/NYR] Nurse for Buchnevich

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
This is coming from a "Flames" fan.. NYR's add something decent before Buch gets added on top.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The value is good and it fills a big need, but if we are trying to trade Buch because we have the wing spots covered and don't want to pay his eventual extension, can we afford Nurse's eventual extension? Especially with Trouba on the team, I don't know if we have another 7M to give out to a LHD, particularly a non-elite one.

Reactions: bernmeister

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
The value is good and it fills a big need, but if we are trying to trade Buch because we have the wing spots covered and don't want to pay his eventual extension, can we afford Nurse's eventual extension? Especially with Trouba on the team, I don't know if we have another 7M to give out to a LHD, particularly a non-elite one.
Nurse was re-signed back in Feb for 2 years x 5.6m

Maybe a slight overpay but still in the reasonable ballpark for what he provides imo

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nurse was re-signed back in Feb for 2 years x 5.6m

Maybe a slight overpay but still in the reasonable ballpark for what he provides imo

I realize that. I'm talking about what he gets on a long-term deal. Thats two years away. I think his next contract is looking like 7M.

I'm a big fan of Nurse, but the Rangers overpaid Trouba who plays a similar type of role and style to Nurse on RHD. We don't then have 7M to give out to Nurse. If we trade Buch, it's probably for picks/prospects or a very cheap young player to save eventual cap space with already having two wingers locked up on long-term deals, and then the 1OA this year and 2OA last year. It's not because we need to get rid of our current 1RW whose currently very cheap and underrated.

It's not a bad deal for the Rangers in the short term. I just don't know if it makes any sense in the long-term.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Man, I like Buchnevich but that’s one of the easiest “no’s” I’ll ever give in my life.

I swear half of this fanbase is willing to ship out Nurse and Klefbom and stuff Jones on the top pair to drown based on a 4 game series where our goaltending was shit and we were horribly unlucky.

They absolutely did not have the games of their lives but these are ridiculous circumstances.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
NYR would add a 2nd or 3rd, right now Nurse is a bit overpaid. If you could sign him for around 5 million he would do alright as a #3/4 that could go to the 1st pairing with sheltered minutes

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
D's are valued more. With that said, I think both clubs expected more from them. I have doubts on Nurse, and doubts on Buchnevich. NYR are better off trading Buch to fill an actual hole. Edmonton doesn't need to trade Nurse for depth players, they need him on D just as much as they need secondary scoring.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Would 1 for 1 be fair for both sides? If not who adds what?

The precise value of either is moot here b'c it is not a fit.

As noted by others herein, NY needs to move Buch for futures.

The only deal w/Oil at present is Broberg, partly b'c he is exp exempt.

We can talk about a base of
Buch + Howden [lots of speed, would be awesome w/AA and McDavid]
+ the CAR 2020 1st pick
for
Neal [cap dump] + Broberg

we expose Neal at draft/options to buy out/trade incl Kraken
either way
Neal is short term
Buch exiting rfa years soon after current deal expires next season only 3.25 is longer term.

Do not want Nurse.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The precise value of either is moot here b'c it is not a fit.

As noted by others herein, NY needs to move Buch for futures.

The only deal w/Oil at present is Broberg, partly b'c he is exp exempt.

We can talk about a base of
Buch + Howden [lots of speed, would be awesome w/AA and McDavid]
+ the CAR 2020 1st pick
for
Neal [cap dump] + Broberg

we expose Neal at draft/options to buy out/trade incl Kraken
either way
Neal is short term
Buch exiting rfa years soon after current deal expires next season only 3.25 is longer term.

Do not want Nurse.
A mid-late pick, a 3c/4c (get the hell off the ice) player, and a Buch for their top prospect? How could Edmonton say no?

Seattle isn't taking Neal, and we're not bribing them with a real valuable piece/asset to take Neal. Also, just tossing speed together isn't guaranteeing success.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
These 1 for 1 deals need to stop.

Trading one of our top 4 defensemen for a winger without a defenseman coming back makes zero sense for Edmonton.

Value doesn't even matter.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
A mid-late pick, a 3c/4c (get the hell off the ice) player, and a Buch for their top prospect? How could Edmonton say no?

Seattle isn't taking Neal, and we're not bribing them with a real valuable piece/asset to take Neal. Also, just tossing speed together isn't guaranteeing success.

Neal is 3 seasons after this at 5.75.
subtract next season leaves 2.

If Neal is not taken, and we want to move on, we can sell him at up to half and get a taker.
Also right now Neal is not a fit for Leafs.
But if TOR moves both Marner and Nylander for depth/D help and cap space for possible Doughty acquisition/AP ufa run, he could be of interest to them at a bit under 3 per for remaining 2 seasons.
We will unload him before if not by time Baron gets here.

I agree McDavid AA and Howden would not be a regular line, just a change of pace. But no ?, they need speed and that would be a full line on its own gear. Currently w or w/out Buch, they are thin enough on Fs they can juggle and do this for exp dr w/out cutting their throat.

They want to win now.
Have lots of D, vets less moveable due to cap.
Broberg is one guy.
This helps them where they are thin, and gives instant help w/cap and other.

Should be a win win.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
K`andre Miller will be our LHD in the future so why trade away assets now when we are 2 -3 yrs away from contending.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Edmonton fans would say no, (have they ever said yes?), but the Rangers don't need another overpaid physical D.
Rangers look elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad