Proposal: Edm/La idea

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If the Kings did this, their defense would look like:

Bjornfot - Roy
Anderson - Bouchard
Clague - Walker

Thus officially securing last place in defensive depth and performance!

Reactions: Guitpik

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1 - Does doughty want to go to Edmonton
2 - Why the hell would LA unload him and take that bad contract for so cheap?

I think Edmonton needs to add at least 2 first rounders and another prospect.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
1 - Does doughty want to go to Edmonton
2 - Why the hell would LA unload him and take that bad contract for so cheap?

I think Edmonton needs to add at least 2 first rounders and another prospect.
That is ridiculous. Bouchard, 3 1sts and a second is such a massive overpay .

Reactions: Ragdoll

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
This deal is about Edmonton becomming a cup contender. Klefbom is the price

An age Doughty does not make us a cup contender. We need a couple scoring wingers. Not a high priced dman. This would stop us from getting those wingers. Deal makes no sense for Edmonton.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I would just offer sheet an RFA for 9.5 rather than that. Keep Doughty and we both win.
You should check out the availability of the defenseman that can be offer sheeted and see if any of them are better then Doughty, then you might want to rethink your 9.5mil offer to unnamed RFA defensemen.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I would just offer sheet an RFA for 9.5 rather than that. Keep Doughty and we both win.

Best of luck with that. There is not a better defenseman that is rfa out there. Drew is still better then most defenseman in the league. Kings will gladly keep Drew

Reactions: Guitpik

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Neal can be disposed of in a reasonable fashion. Oilers can’t handle the $11M (especially until he’s 37 yes old!) even with some retention given that we need help on the wings and in goal. No thanks. Plus I think Doughtys an ass who would sulk like there is no tomorrow if moved to Edmonton.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
That is ridiculous. Bouchard, 3 1sts and a second is such a massive overpay .

Imagine you're the L.A Kings.
A team in your division wants to trade for Doughty.
Doughty has won 2 cups and Norris. He's 31 years old. Hasn't missed a game since the 13/14 season.
He's elite in all 3 zones. Can play in all situations.

So you're the GM of the L.A Kings and Edmonton wants to send James Neal's contract your way. What's that worth? 1st + 2nd? Well we want Doughty, too.

For Edmonton taking away Bouchard and Neal and adding Doughty(cap implications aside) is a flat out insane upgrade. Being the GM of the L.A Kings you won't be able to help yourself from assuming that those first rounders will not qualify to be lottery picks. May as well call them second rounders.

So really, is Evan Bouchard + 3 1st rounders that look more like 2nd rounders plus a nasty cap dump that a ton of teams need under the flat salary cap really enough for Drew Doughty?

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
As a Kings fan, I'm not opposed to trading Doughty. I just doubt it would even be possible, unless you were going for a terrible sideways swap like Karlsson in SJ.

This package would even probably do it for me.

Bouchard steps into the lineup easily, we can afford to eat Neal's cap hit, and a couple of draft picks to boot.

I'd... probably really think about it....

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Did anyone watch the Oilers in the playoffs and think to themselves, "You know what this team is missing? Drew Doughty!"

Phenomenal player, to be sure, but this addresses no glaring holes, and uses the cap space needed to fill those holes.

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
For those who think Doughty would say no, I actually disagree.

He's made comments before indicating wanting to play with McDavid someday. I would role the dice on it, but maybe if Klefbom is healthy, it would be him, Neal, and 1st for Doughty and 25% retained.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Did anyone watch the Oilers in the playoffs and think to themselves, "You know what this team is missing? Drew Doughty!"

Phenomenal player, to be sure, but this addresses no glaring holes, and uses the cap space needed to fill those holes.
Yea I thought that they could use Doughty when Bear was out there giving the puck away while holding a lead and when Nurse played more minutes than his abilities can handle.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
If the Kings did this, their defense would look like:

Bjornfot - Roy
Anderson - Bouchard
Clague - Walker

Thus officially securing last place in defensive depth and performance!

Yeah, way better than 2nd last.
Bjornfoot, Anderson and Claque have to be our defense staples in the future.
If they can't do it, we are doomed anyways

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
For those who think Doughty would say no, I actually disagree.

He's made comments before indicating wanting to play with McDavid someday. I would role the dice on it, but maybe if Klefbom is healthy, it would be him, Neal, and 1st for Doughty and 25% retained.

It will not be 25% retained on Doughty and no Neal

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Yea I thought that they could use Doughty when Bear was out there giving the puck away while holding a lead and when Nurse played more minutes than his abilities can handle.
Yikes! If we need to add an $11M d-man everytime there's a giveaway, we're never getting out of this rebuild. Not sure how Nurse showed that he couldn't handle the minutes either. No - there are other ways to shore up your bottom pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad