Proposal: Edm/La idea

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
LA is flip flopping between rebuild and going for it. The oilers need to Go next year.

to LA Neal(cap reason), Bouchard, 2021-1st and 2022-2nd

To Edmonton: Doughty@ 25% retained.

Oiler fans will tell me they would rather just sign Hamilton for free but I think you have to hope a Big name defenceman wants to play for you and Hamilton is fitting in nicely in Carolina. Doughty may say no as well, but he would fit in nicely beside Nurse.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
LA is flip flopping between rebuild and going for it. The oilers need to Go next year.

Oiler fans will tell me they would rather just sign Hamilton for free but I think you have to hope a Big name defenceman wants to play for you and Hamilton is fitting in nicely in Carolina. Doughty may say no as well, but he would fit in nicely beside Nurse.

Replace Neal with Klefbom and it will be fair trade.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Probably about the best LA could hope for if Doughty asked for a trade but I doubt he'd want to go to EDM. I also don't see AEG eating that much salary...

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
First off i doubt Doughty waives his NMC for Edmonton, Secondly once Klefbom come back the cap is going to be hard on Edmonton especially once they resign Nugent-Hopkins. Little to no chance of Blake retaining 25% on Doughty. If Doughty agree's to waive from LA it's going to be to a better team then Edmonton.

Reactions: thadd and Lt Dan

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Lol...what? The Kings are a full rebuild and are on their way back up

This line was bad enough , not to mention the proposal.

The Kings aren't trading Doughty, especially within the divison

I do not think that trading Doughty should be taboo.
He is not happy to be on rebuilding team now...

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
How exactly are the Kings flip flopping between a rebuild and going for it? Who exactly have the Kings acquired that makes anyone believe they have been "going for it"?

As for the trade, it's not even worth discussing because I think there is no way Doughty ever waives his NMC for Edmonton. And the Kings would never retain 25% on Doughty for six years

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Doughty doesn’t wanna leave LA and even they force him he’ll probably still say no to Edmonton so this won’t happen.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Doughty doesn’t wanna leave LA and even they force him he’ll probably still say no to Edmonton so this won’t happen.

He is telling management what they need to do to make him happy (trade for veterans).
If they will not to do what he wants he may be interested to leave LA.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This deal is about buying your way out of DOUGHTY'S last 3 years. Neal is that price.

We're actually having a hard time reaching the cap floor, so please don't used-car-sale us as if this is a favor to LA, with both retention on Doughty and James f***ing Kneeal coming back.

Reactions: Oof and Mattias

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
This is not the deal the Oil should pursue. We need to find a guy that fits with the age range. I am loathe to part with Bouchard, but if we could do Bouchard + 2021 1st + 2022 1st for Seth Jones (with unofficial verbal commitment to sign extension) then that’s the type of deal we should make. A top pair of Nurse and Jones for the next 8 years (even if it comes at a price of 16 mil per combined) would give us one of the better top pairs in the league.

I like Doughty a lot, but he’s at the end of his prime.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

Absolutely hell no :laugh:....I cringe every time I see a Kings trade thread...

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
J
We're actually having a hard time reaching the cap floor, so please don't used-car-sale us as if this is a favor to LA, with both retention on Doughty and James f***ing Kneeal coming back.
James Neal is 2 years of pain at half what Doughty is going to be making when he to has lost his step. This will be just at the time your rebuild is ready to challenge for a cup. He is good now, but not what he has been in the past. My offer is a young potential top 4 Offensive RD, our 1st pick this year and a second. I can throw in a player like Marody but beyond that I will step back and overpay on Hamilton.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
This deal is about Edmonton becoming a cup contender. Klefbom is the price
well I would add Klefbom to the deal but Neal stays. The money to make this work is there. If we move Klefbom we are just spending his money to replace him in UFA.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
He is telling management what they need to do to make him happy (trade for veterans).
If they will not to do what he wants he may be interested to leave LA.

No he's not! Doughty is happy in LA. He can see what everyone else can see. LA is stacked deep with prospects that are starting to take the next steps and need to bring in some middle tier talent around them for depth. No more of the Luff's, Lizotte's, McDermid's, etc. They need to find some depth talent and not filler role players. He never said he wants to leave LA. You're just assuming something that is not true.

Edit: and for the trade...this is terrible for LA.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
IF the kings decide to trade Drew there is no way he is traded inside the division. There is no way we will retain for the reminder of the contract. Also no interest in Neal at all He would block younger players from making the team. He is also signed to long.

Reactions: Guitpik

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007

Add in Bear and you might have a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad