Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Kyle Brodziak signs with the Oilers (2 years, $1.15M AAV)

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Can’t wait until we sign Pitlick in a few years. Should have never let him go either.

At least with Pitlick, you can understand the logic behind the team moving on. Agree with it or not.

Brodziak though steadily improved the moment he was drafted. Put up a great post-draft year in the WHL. Followed that up with steady progress over 3 years in the AHL. THEN he put up two good seasons in the NHL.

Getting rid of guys like this for nothing was one of the many reasons Hall got such a bum deal with the team.

The Brodziak move will never make sense to me.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
As a Leaf fan, he was a target for 4C I wish we zeroed in on 1-2 years at 1.5M would have been fine by me.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Love what Brodziak brings night in and night out. He's a warrior out there really wish he would have stayed with us but I guess plans changed.

Wish the best for Brodz and its good to see he gets to be closer to home for his twilight years!

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Blues fan here. I really liked him as a fourth liner. He's hard working and can chip in a point or two here and there. He also signed for a lot less than I thought he'd get, so good signing for you guys. I'll definitely be rooting for him when he doesn't play against us.

Reactions: ManitobaKid

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
over pay?

take a look at other 3rd liners and 5-6 dmen

you are pissing into the wind-- combined there are under 3 mill

right now

he over paid 2 mill on McDavid and 3 mill on Leon D

3rd liners and 5-6 dman make what caggs and Benning got

oiler fans just need to find something to complain about

the over pay was with Russell and that is killing and the Lucic contract

not two players who combined make under 3 mill

Overpaid McDavid? Pretty sure he is worth 1.5 mil more than Tavares.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Going to miss Brodziak a lot despite the Blues upgrading big time at center.

This guy was fantastic for us, his dedication to keeping himself in shape and his consistent effort will be missed. Great signing for Edm and glad Brodziak got to go home. Thanks for everything Brodz, would have loved to have kept you.

Reactions: brokeu91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad