Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Kyle Brodziak signs with the Oilers (2 years, $1.15M AAV)

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
The Oilers never should’ve let Brodziak or Cogliano go.
Cogs is solid I guess but you can find similar players pretty easily. Brodziak we definitely should have kept. Great character/utility guy who gets more points than he should as a 4th liner.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
How'd the Oilers get him for so cheap with all these huge contracts for 4th liners going around?
He's from just outside Edmonton, I think he wanted to come back home. Never should have been traded away in the first place.

Moved with the pick used to select Darcy Kuemper for two guys who never sniffed the NHL.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Brodziak will go a long way for this team IMO. Can still play. Helps Khaira move back tot he wing where he is way more effective. Brings some more leadership and experience.
Very happy.

Bored

Jan 13, 2008
All of our later round picks that actually left and did well for themselves are coming back to were they belong. I remember really liking Broziack's game during 08-09 and 09-10...if he can produce to somewhere close to that level I would be ecstatic.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Could be a good 4C for us. Let's Khaira move to the wing.

I know he's been a PKer before, can anyone speak to how good he is on the PK?

He was pretty good in Wild times, though he's slow. Always liked him.

Reactions: snipes

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
this is a good signing but Brodziak had a career year last season. he was getting fed 2nd line center minutes after the stastny trade. wouldnt expect the same types of numbers as last season

hes a solid player though and i liked having him on the blues.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The Oilers never should’ve let Brodziak or Cogliano go.

We went through a period when anyone that wasn’t a superstar was dealt for picks because reasons. Brodziak was packaged with a 6th rounder for a 4th and 5th as a 25 year old coming off 31 and 27 point seasons. Why would we jettison a good young 3C for garbage? Great question.

Reactions: 780il

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
this is a good signing but Brodziak had a career year last season. he was getting fed 2nd line center minutes after the stastny trade. wouldnt expect the same types of numbers as last season

Wasn't he the 3rd line center after Stastny got dealt?

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Brodz was an awesome player for St. Louis, even though he's a slow skater at this point he's still gotta be one of the better 4th line center options out there. Top-notch PK'er too. Oilers got him for a good contract, wish nothing but the best for Brodziak!

Reactions: 780il and snipes

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Brodz was an awesome player for St. Louis, even though he's a slow skater at this point he's still gotta be one of the better 4th line center options out there. Top-notch PK'er too. Oilers got him for a good contract, wish nothing but the best for Brodziak!
oo another one claiming him to be slow.
i guess we will find out

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Classy, don't get that from fans often when a player leaves their favorite team.

Hopefully we see more of this!

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I don't think the Oilers respected what they had his first time around and they spent 10 years trying to replace him. They thought they could do better.

A good pickup for our 4th line. Can't be any worse than Letestu who was pure garbage his whole tenure here and was paid almost twice as much.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think the Oilers respected what they had his first time around and they spent 10 years trying to replace him. They thought they could do better.

A good pickup for our 4th line. Can't be any worse than Letestu who was pure garbage his whole tenure here and was paid almost twice as much.
I mean...Letestu wasn't pure garbage his whole tenure year...that's a straight up fabrication but I am also excited for Brodziak

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006

He's had 44,37,32,31 point seasons before last season.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Can’t wait until we sign Pitlick in a few years. Should have never let him go either.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I mean...Letestu wasn't pure garbage his whole tenure year...that's a straight up fabrication but I am also excited for Brodziak
Was good on the power play in 16-17 and in the shootout. Aside from that his even strength scoring was atrocious, his defensive play wasn't much better, and his PKing was pretty awful as well (I guess at least he scored some SHG's).

I'll gladly welcome the better PKer and 2-way even strength player in Brodziak and let someone more deserving play triggerman on the PP.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

We'll be happy with 7-10 goals and ~20 points at evens with strong PK play. I think he could form a nice line with Khaira and Kassian as his wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad