Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Connor Brown signs with the Oilers (1 years, $775k + $3.225M bonuses)

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
That’ll be rough if he hits his bonuses, very low risk if he doesn’t though

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Brown was great in Ottawa. Ideally he's a third liner but in Edmonton he could play in the top six where he'll easily out produce what Yamamoto and Puljujarvi did with that opportunity.
It seems like our top six RWers will be Hyman and Brown. Not sure who the RW on the third line would likely be Janmark, and when he's hot I do think maybe he could get some top six minutes.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Yeah man. What could be worse than a player actually performing well and reaching his bonuses.

You don’t even know what the bonuses in his contract are.

Delusional once again like always.

More of the same from that poster.

Holland unload 3.1m for Yamamoto and we have Janmark, Ryan and Brown at a combined 2.65m cap hit for this season. Next season the cap is due for a sizable jump. Like you said if Brown hits his bonuses (we still need to know the conditions) that's hardly a bad thing in theory. Means he's working out.

It seems like our top six RWers will be Hyman and Brown. Not sure who the RW on the third line would likely be Janmark, and when he's hot I do think maybe he could get some top six minutes.

I'm assuming the 3rd line is

Foegele McLeod Janmark

Only thing up front I think Holland is looking for is a veteran 4C.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The bonus money can be applied to next season’s cap. Not rough at all. It’s only $775k for a top 6 guy against this year’s cap.
Exactly why it could end up being rough

Yeah man. What could be worse than a player actually performing well and reaching his bonuses.

You don’t even know what the bonuses in his contract are.

Delusional once again like always.
I can taste the salt in from this comment. Hitting his bonuses can hamper next years cap if the team can’t get it done in the post season again this year. Just like it did to Boston

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

I can taste the salt in from this comment. Hitting his bonuses can hamper next years cap if the team can’t get it done in the post season again this year. Just like it did to Boston
Foegele would be a UFA and buying out Campbell would also be an option next season. This is the best Oilers could hope for as a contract.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Foegele would be a UFA and buying out Campbell would also be an option next season. This is the best Oilers could hope for as a contract.
It’s a good contract for this years cap hell

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

Oh no what will we ever do about next years cap. How about we worry about winning now first. Thanks for the concern though.

Your narrative would change significantly if we didn’t sign him, I’m sure of it.

You’re literally a barn animal aren’t you? You just wait for news like it’s feed. All youve done for over a decade of posting on this site is wait for any sort of oilers news, spin it as negative as you can and troll the fanbase.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oh no what will we ever do about next years cap. How about we worry about winning now first. Thanks for the concern though.

Your narrative would change significantly if we didn’t sign him, I’m sure of it.

You’re literally a barn animal aren’t you? You just wait for news like it’s feed. All youve done for over a decade of posting on this site is wait for any sort of oilers news, spin it as negative as you can and troll the fanbase.
I definitely agree that hurting next year's cap makes sense. The reason is that we need to re sign McLeod and Bouchard this summer. Next season, we also have Foegele coming off the books and no major pieces to sign. (edit: aside from Broberg)

Holland signed this Brown deal assuming all these bonuses are hit. It could have just as easily been one year 4 million if that suited our needs better but it doesn't

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
If he hadnt torn his ACL hed have been looking at 7 years 5M, Hyman type deal

I dont know how big the ACL tear effects his game

However if hes healthy, he will be a 50-70 pt player on the oilers
Yep. His biggest asset is his motor. An ACL injury was the worst thing that could happen right before his big UFA contract year. Felt soooo bad for him. I hope he recovers and plays to his full potential and gets his bag next summer.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Yep. His biggest asset is his motor. An ACL injury was the worst thing that could happen right before his big UFA contract year. Felt soooo bad for him. I hope he recovers and plays to his full potential and gets his bag next summer.
Unfortunate incident for a VERY likeable player

Reactions: swiftwin

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Edmonton could sign Auston Matthews to a league minimum contract for eight years and that guy would find a way to shit on it. Worry not. He’s just distracting himself from his shitty team and its shitty owner.

It makes me happy that this guy spends thousands of dollars on tickets for a team he hates. I just imagine him slouching whenever the Oilers score going “axcthually they aren’t good”.

Oilers could win the cup and it would somehow be a bad thing because Oilers= bad.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
3rd line RW might be Derek Ryan.

Kane - McDavid - Brown
Nuge - Drai - Hyman
Foegele- McLeod - Ryan

4th line will depend on how the rest of the day goes. Jannark - Pederson - Holloway doesn't make me jump for joy, ha ha.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The Oilers will probably go with the nuclear option -
Draisaitl-McDavid-Brown
Kane-RNH-Hyman

PP #1 Bouchard, Hyman, RNH, Draisaitl, McDavid for 1:30(at most)
PP #2 Nurse, Ekholm, McLeod, Kane, Brown(if they get the chance)

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
If he's awful then he won't get his bonuses.

But there is also opportunity cost. Basically, if Brown sucks, then all the other options have already been signed up. So there is still big risk here

The selling point is the favorable structure of the deal and that makes it worth it. We also do have a bit of a safety net in Bourgault in the system as a talented RW
Yep. This is the kind of deal Holland had to make.

EDM needs some forward depth. And can't pay a lot for it. Brown is a guy with some upside, and his injury situation presents them with a unique scenario where they can shift most of the salary to performance bonuses, moving the cap liability to next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad