Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Connor Brown signs with the Oilers (1 years, $775k + $3.225M bonuses)

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Hopefully Brown isn’t gonna swerve the Oil and sign in Pittsburgh
It isn't done until it's done. Thanks for cranking the swerve alarm up Dreger, you colossal twit.

He can but he shouldn't. Doesn't have the foot speed
Good depth player who can PK
McDavid got 20 goals out of Pat Marroon. I think Connor Brown would be okay there.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'd think they have to hammer out the bonus conditions

hopefully not to jump to a different team. If so, get on with it

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Guessing it'll be a 1 year deal for him to rebuild his value next to McDavid coming off the ACL. Really bummed by how things worked out with him in Washington. So ironic that the guy they brought in to fill in for Wilson while he was out with his ACL tear immediately tore his ACL. We should've known the season was cursed at that point.

Reactions: BallardEra

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Tossing off all that cap to next season? Okay. Hopefully the bonuses make it so that if next year is a disaster we don't have too much overage

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Wow!!! I thought the base salary would be much higher, in the 2m range with bonuses extra that would take him to the 3.5-4m range. Holland you SOB, I'm impressed. We signed Janmark, Ryan and Brown for a 2.65m cap hit this season.

Kane - McDavid - Brown
RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman

WE just added a RW who's a character guy, two way player, PKer, knows/played with McDavid, who wants to be in Edmonton. Got him signed near league min for this season (deferred bonuses to next season when the cap jumps) and we will see plenty of the usual suspects trying to crap on the deal.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Seems like a lot for a guy who didn’t play last year
If he's awful then he won't get his bonuses.

But there is also opportunity cost. Basically, if Brown sucks, then all the other options have already been signed up. So there is still big risk here

The selling point is the favorable structure of the deal and that makes it worth it. We also do have a bit of a safety net in Bourgault in the system as a talented RW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad