Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Dominik Kahun signs with the Oilers (1 year, $975K)

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
If we do add Kahun, we are officially in "too damn many forwards" territory. Josh Archibald, Joakim Nygard, and Gaetan Haas are all also under NHL one way deals, and Patrick Russell is a coaching staff favourite. Something would have to give. Unless the plan is just to shove two of them through waivers and whatever happens, happens

You keep Archibald as the 13th and send the others down. None of those guys get claimed

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Too cold. Come to Vancouver and play with Pettersson. If you sign for 1M or less, you get a free umbrella!

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Which line gets the D-Zone starts and matches up against the other team’s scoring lines? What do the two forward PK units look like? Just curious about how this shakes out in the tough assignments areas.
Nugent-Hopkins, Kharia & Archibald would be 3/4 penalty killers. After that, I don't know who the 4th forward would be.

We would have no shutdown line. We would have 3 offensive lines + 1 hitting 4th line.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Which line gets the D-Zone starts and matches up against the other team’s scoring lines? What do the two forward PK units look like? Just curious about how this shakes out in the tough assignments areas.
Yamamoto was killing penalties at the end of last season. Kassian does it too as does Draisaitl esp when 2 man down. Puljujarvi is PKing in FIN and could be a regular if he doesnt get a top6 spot.
Drai would be the D zone shutdown C

Reactions: Darkwinter

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yamamoto was killing penalties at the end of last season. Kassian does it too as does Draisaitl esp when 2 man down. Puljujarvi is PKing in FIN and could be a regular if he doesnt get a top6 spot.
Drai would be the D zone shutdown C

Kassian is wretched at killing penalties, but he did do it.

RNH and Archibald would probably be the first 2 options, with guys like Khaira, Haas, Drai, Yamamoto etc on it as well.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Damn secretly hoped he would take a 1 year 900k deal with Toronto and put up 45ish points in AJs role. Oilers gonna be getting a game if he signs there

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
1 of the first 2 lines. Draisaitl is solid defensively as a center, he is really bad defensively as a winger. RNH is also really good 2-way. There's no true shutdown line but the Oilers will just match fire power with fire power for the other teams first line and hope their elite 2nd line can get it done. The 3rd line is going to be a little more offensive with the 4th likely matching up with the opposing 4th lines and being there for special teams.

Khaira is very good on the PK. RNH, Draisaitl, Kassian will also see regular PK time. Wouldn't be surprised if some was given to McDavid or Yamamoto though.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
1 of the first 2 lines. Draisaitl is solid defensively as a center, he is really bad defensively as a winger. RNH is also really good 2-way. There's no true shutdown line but the Oilers will just match fire power with fire power for the other teams first line and hope their elite 2nd line can get it done. The 3rd line is going to be a little more offensive with the 4th likely matching up with the opposing 4th lines and being there for special teams.

Khaira is very good on the PK. RNH, Draisaitl, Kassian will also see regular PK time. Wouldn't be surprised if some was given to McDavid or Yamamoto though.

Puljujarvi's defensive game isn't actually all that bad and Ennis is a battler.

If we saw an Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi 3rd line I think they'd do fine. Definitely not a shutdown line but they'd be ok.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Puljujarvi's defensive game isn't actually all that bad and Ennis is a battler.

If we saw an Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi 3rd line I think they'd do fine. Definitely not a shutdown line but they'd be ok.
I agree. They're not getting to take the Pens/Bruins/Tampa/Caps first lines head on but against other teams middle 6 I think they could do quite well.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’d love if this happened. I’m surprised he isn’t signed already. If Tippett is intent on keeping RNH with McDavid having Kuhan and Yamamoto with Draisaitl makes sense. I’d rather see Ennis on a 3rd line with Turris and maybe a Kassian to add size.

RNH - McDavid - Archibald/Puljujarvi
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ennis - Turris - Kassian
Neal - Kharia - Chiasson/Archibald

Would like to move out one of Kharia or Chiasson. I think Kharia at 1.2 million is easily movable

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Who a player follows on instagram qualifies as speculation?

Seems like a massive reach by whoever that rando twitter guy is.

Reactions: Eichel9

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton

Yeah, it is. Need something to talk about. I think he signs with the Sabres. It's been said he wanted more $$ than what EDM offered him before they signed Ennis

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, it is. Need something to talk about. I think he signs with the Sabres. It's been said he wanted more $$ than what EDM offered him before they signed Ennis
Agreed, I believe he's waiting for the arbitration or re-signing of Reinhart, Ullmark and Olofsson and te subsequent moves the Sabres may make following those events.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Such an odd player to peg. Played well in Chicago but they were willing to give him up for Maatta. Played well in Pittsburgh but they were willing to give him up for Sheary and ERod. Played well in Buffalo but they haven't signed him. No one has signed him yet.

He plays well. I have nothing but good things to say about him from his time in Pittsburgh overall except that he was a little streaky and never seemed to solidify a spot with anyone.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

Seems very strange to me that any active NHL player would add a team's IG unless they played/were playing for them.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Koskinen was top 5 in the NHL for ES save %. Still unknown if he can hold down a 60 game workload.

Least the coming season is likely a 48 game or there around schedule. Give him 30 odd games and 15or so to Smith. As much as I didn’t and don’t want Smith back and shortened season is better than an 82 game

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If so, they’ll have added Barrie, Turris, Ennis, Puljuarvi and Kahun for a combined, what, $8.5m?

Exactly the type of additions they should be making. All low risk, all relatively high reward. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if they get 4 40 point guys in that group.

Holland has done a good job considering the gong show Chia left him with . Gone from a 1 line team to a 3 line team

Hated the AA trade from day 1 and wouldn’t have handled Chiasson and the goalies in quite the same way... but, all in all, I’ve thought he handled most things quite well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad