Proposal: EDM - DET Unsexy trade

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I think Holland was asking for a 1st and he isn't getting that IMHO.

I think there is a difference between GM's trying to posture and what it would actually take. The Poolparty thing has went on even long before Holland and I don't think there has been anything that would have changed significantly at this point.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I would pass as an oilers fan. I think Puljujarvi can still be a player. We will give you a 3rd to go between those picks if you take Russell.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Think the oilers should just hang onto to pool party and see what the future holds.
For Detroit they seem to have enough young wings that need ice time.

Reactions: bucks_oil

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
1. Our org. is deep in wingers throughout. Berggren, possibly Rasmussen/Veleno etc. Mastrosimone. 6'7" Soderblom is a C prospect, maybe he ends up a Net Front 3rd/4th liner W one day?

2. We're rebuilding, not depleting 2 assets for 1 used scratch-off with some potential.

3. PoolP may not be a good fit for our team.

4. Huge value loss for DET on trade.

Reactions: Luckylarry

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I think Edmonton is content with letting Puljujarvi play himself into irrelevance in Europe unless he wants to play for the Oilers or another team wants to cough up a 1st.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Or we save him for Seattle and the expansion draft so we don’t lose Caleb Jones.

Pretty Seattle would rather have Jones. He's shown that he actually belongs in the NHL.
Meanwhile... where's Puljujarvi's English at these days? Did he stop learning once he went back to Europe?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
:wings

Jesse Puljujarvi

:edmonton

Edmonton's 2020 2nd round pick
Edmonton's 2020 4th round pick

Not super exciting but makes sense value-wise.

I feel like if Edm was able to get that return on poolparty they would have moved him already.

IMO correct offer is the 2020 4th,
AND
conditional 2021 EDM 2nd depending on how well Pulj performs.

He performs well, it is the full 2021 2nd
if not, then that pick downgrades to DET 2021 4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad