Post-Game Talk: EDM 2 - NJD 1: Enough is enough, and it is time for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hall has been a major dissapointment thus far this season. He takes risks that lead to huge turn overs and rather pass the puck to a half witted teammate then shoot the puck when he has the shot and talent to score. To be fair, I didn't watch him in Edmonton so I can't tell if its our coaching staff trying to tell him to do something that isn't natural to him or he is just a ghost.

Post injury Hall has not been a good hockey player.

Pre-injury Hall was very impressive.

He returned to playing too fast IMO, not fully healed not 100%

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
For those that are advocating for a Hynes change and it looks likely right now, who is the replacement?

Anyone is not an answer either.

The problem is we can't really replace Hynes with another inexperienced guy. We need a Lemaire type that has enough of a presence to get players to listen and to get back to basics. Who is available that fits that bill? Keenan?

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
200_s.gif

Hey they made it to an OT tire fire at least, not 4-0. :P

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bleh.

As an Oiler fan, and a Hall fan, I know how it feels to be checked out by January.

I'm sorry yall have to deal with this. Hopefully things improve for you guys. (just not on Jan. 12th). <3

Thanks friend! And good luck in the playoffs, unless it against the Sharks!:nod:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Need a tyrant, no-nonsense veteran and older head coach to finish out the season.

Not sure who's around that fits that type aside from the long retired Keenan.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The problem is we can't really replace Hynes with another inexperienced guy. We need a Lemaire type that has enough of a presence to get players to listen and to get back to basics. Who is available that fits that bill? Keenan?

Which seems to be the dilemma regarding getting rid of Hynes.

Maybe and this is a long shot, but if you give up on the season, you trade Cammalleri, bring up Kowalski, and then have him play some of the kids.

But there's no telling how that ends up and Kowalsky has no NHL experience (including playing days). That could end up as a complete organizational disaster depending on who takes over Albany.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Need a tyrant, no-nonsense veteran and older head coach to finish out the season.

Not sure who's around that fits that type aside from the long retired Keenan.

Keenan isn't long retired, he was coaching Magnitogorsk in the KHL until last year. :laugh:

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Hall has been a major dissapointment thus far this season. He takes risks that lead to huge turn overs and rather pass the puck to a half witted teammate then shoot the puck when he has the shot and talent to score. To be fair, I didn't watch him in Edmonton so I can't tell if its our coaching staff trying to tell him to do something that isn't natural to him or he is just a ghost.

no he played pretty much the same in Edmonton. He was a very polarizing player in Edmonton, you either loved him or hated him.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Why do you guys dislike Henrique? Not trying to stoke the fires, just genuinely curious. I've liked him since juniors.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

That is kinda Hall's game to a tee. He's not really a sniper/shooter type, he played the same style in Edmonton. It works great when he's on, but can be frustrating when he's not.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Why do you guys dislike Henrique? Not trying to stoke the fires, just genuinely curious. I've liked him since juniors.

He's been floating most of the season like he is just cashing his paycheck.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

I don't think he is a ghost. He is a great player and I'd take him back in a heart beat (was hard to trade him), but I also don't think he is a franchise player. Less of a Crosby / Ovi / McDavid, more of a Kovalchuk. He isn't a player that will make you successful on his own.

I'd agree though when he gets frustrated that he is being shut down in a game he can start to do some ill-advised things. His toe-drag followed by Bambi impression is a familiar sight for Oilers fans.

I also think he's a real clutch player that will be released when he hits the post season. But he's had a real unlucky stretch.

I don't think Hall is the problem, you guys need some D and some depth. Would look a lot better with Greene eating some minutes and pushing some guys down.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Owen Hart is on my side.

I haven't heard that song in forever.

The only bad thing about 1990's era WWF, was some of those generic entrance themes were really bad. The guitar riffs and cheap production. It got a lot more improved in the late 90's though. Even the blatant Rage Against The Machine-sounding DX band was an upgrade over some of those tunes haha.

HYNES IS A NUGGET!

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

He goes long stretches where he's cold and when he's cold he doesn't look very good. I'm not in the "trade Henrique" camp yet. I think if we improve the talent and depth throughout the lineup he's still a good player to have around. He's just not a guy you should be relying on as a primary scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad