Post-Game Talk: EDM 2 - NJD 1: Enough is enough, and it is time for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think you meant to write isn't it time for a change, unless you were just being Johnny Mac :P

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Team has been a pathetic joke since mid/late November. Needs a major shakeup, probably the coach and at least one of Henrique, Palmieri, or Cammalleri.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
It is radical, but I do think one of Henrique/Palms need to be moved. To be honest, I don't think either is a top 6 forward (perhaps Henrique could be on wing). They are both just horrible defensively (Henrique is horrific at suppressing shots in 5 on 5) and neither are producing nearly enough with the minutes they are receiving. It won't happen, but these guys are just as much as a problem as the bottom 6.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
For those that are advocating for a Hynes change and it looks likely right now, who is the replacement?

Anyone is not an answer either.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On a normal team Kalinin just played his way out of a job tonight. He should be waived and a kid in Albany should get a shot on Monday after that sad performance.

To be fair to Kalinin (which I usually am, he just sucks and I've never falsely said anything about him that wasn't true), I think Hynes is at fault for playing him like it's John Madden in 2003 or Bobby Holik like it's 2000 or something.

There's no reason he should have played ever other (or third shift) shift in the final 6 minutes of the 3rd period.

Hynes knows he's lost the team and he's coaching as such. He's out of ideas. As much as I think he's lost the team and needs to go, I never noticed these kinds of baffling decisions before he lost the room. Now he's just throwing **** (along with his used TP from Sunny Mehta's analytics report).

Kalinin's 2 attempted shots and 14 against will be among the **** smear tomorrow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At this point firing Hynes would be a mercy kill, the way he never gave Cory a mercy kill before last night. I'd almost rather make him suffer too.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Im just interested to see who is getting the hell out of here at the deadline. We all knew this team would never make the playoffs but as a Devils fan we expect atleast strong,defensive team. I could totally see Cammy being gone by the deadline.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
200_s.gif

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Bleh.

As an Oiler fan, and a Hall fan, I know how it feels to be checked out by January.

I'm sorry yall have to deal with this. Hopefully things improve for you guys. (just not on Jan. 12th). <3

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Im just interested to see who is getting the hell out of here at the deadline. We all knew this team would never make the playoffs but as a Devils fan we expect atleast strong,defensive team. I could totally see Cammy being gone by the deadline.

I literally can't think of anyone this side of Santini or Wood that I'd be upset if they were traded at this point.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone want to start a vCash pool?
Not even kidding. I was about to ask during the 2nd intermission to predict the time in which the Oilers would finally score in the 3rd period. But I was running a little late doing some of my intermission stuff and before I could even post it, they had already scored. I was just getting finished with me ''If we allow as many shots against in this period as we did in last night's 3rd period, we're guaranteed to win!'' post when they finally scored.
For those that are advocating for a Hynes change and it looks likely right now, who is the replacement?

Anyone is not an answer either.
As far as right now goes, there aren't many options.

Which is why I don't think it's the worst thing to keep him for the rest of the season. Once the season ends, get the **** rid of him, Nasreddine and Ward and see what the options are.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I wouldn't shed a tear if Hynes got fired, but I'd be shocked if replacing him made much difference. This team has no depth. It's well and good to say that players like DSP and Kalinin get too many minutes, but until some of our younger players are ready for bigger roles who's going to take up their time? Scratching Bennett for Gazdic is baffling no doubt, though ultimately pretty inconsequential.

Few positives:
1. Merrill seems to have taken a step forward. Hopefully he keeps it up.
2. Santini continues to impress
3. Wood is unbelievably fast and, to my eyes, has shown some better puck handling as of late

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Bleh.

As an Oiler fan, and a Hall fan, I know how it feels to be checked out by January.

I'm sorry yall have to deal with this. Hopefully things improve for you guys. (just not on Jan. 12th). <3

Hall has been a major dissapointment thus far this season. He takes risks that lead to huge turn overs and rather pass the puck to a half witted teammate then shoot the puck when he has the shot and talent to score. To be fair, I didn't watch him in Edmonton so I can't tell if its our coaching staff trying to tell him to do something that isn't natural to him or he is just a ghost.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They've looked like a team that was already pilfered by deadline deals and just playing out the string.

And, it's only Jan 7.

Shero has to make a change soon.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Bring in Gallant. This team needs 10:30am game day practices. Maybe 2-a-day practices. He can try to coach his way back in the league

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Keep palms, trade Henrique and cammalleri fire hynes

Not sold on trading Henrique. Don't like the way he's played or Palmieri, but I'd rather keep him and hope the next regime whips him back into shape.

Cammalleri seems to have checked out though. I'm all for moving on from him and retaining as much as it takes to get it done. It doesn't do any good when you have a veteran guy like that coasting around and not trying at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad