Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 5 - The season is on the line - NBCSN, SN1, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
making smart plays and playing with focus shouldn`t be affected by that move, it`s not like Butch asked him to be a D partner to McAvoy

Yes, playing your off wing means adjustments need to be made but he`s a pro and hardly the first pro who has ever been asked to do so, his response has been poor, way too many excuses for Jake
No excuses, but we also have to question why the change was made when it was working. We all saw it. We reaped the benefits. We don't beat the Caps without those goals. So I question why it was even changed. That's all.

Reactions: rfournier103

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
BAD DECISION KHULMAN IN FOR DEBRUSK. KUHLMAN will skate but no threat to score; at least debrusk has a game in him
to break out, but can't do it from the press box. I would have maybe sat ritchie if they wanted khulman in. If ritchie is not used as
a front net presence on the power play he is deemend uselesss as well. At least debrusk can keep up with pace of play.
can we say at this point Jake is a threat to score? What Khulman can do is be in the right spot to make a play or prevent one from being made that might lead to opportunities for a teammate (see his play on Coyle`s goal game 2)

I`m not a Khulman fanboy but he does the little things right, belongs, IMO, at best on 3rd line but best suited for 4th line

Reactions: Gordoff

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
BAD DECISION KHULMAN IN FOR DEBRUSK. KUHLMAN will skate but no threat to score; at least debrusk has a game in him
to break out, but can't do it from the press box. I would have maybe sat ritchie if they wanted khulman in. If ritchie is not used as
a front net presence on the power play he is deemend uselesss as well. At least debrusk can keep up with pace of play.

It isn't scoring that is a problem for that line. They have been outplayed almost every night they have been together. Need to make a change as the chemistry isn't there. They aren't clearing pucks out of the zone.

Reactions: Blowfish

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Whoever is in the lineup, I hope everyone on the team comes out committed to play hard-nosed fight-for-your-life hockey. They do that and they will win the next two. Some of these guys have another gear they haven't used yet.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Can't see what Bergy did (blocked at work)
Trotz basically said Bergy was cheating at face offs and it was a "Veteran move", so the media asked Bergy about it and he said something along the lines of "Yeah, I have Veteran moves, and a coach pointing out face off moves is a Veteran move by him.." In effect Bergy said "Yeah I know what you're trying to do as well, and now I'M pointing it out....

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Problem is he ain't breaking it out on the ice either.

Still can't believe Trent Frederic can't even get a sniff when our bottom 7 forwards (counting KK) are :looks around and gets sad: this.
Just like Cassidy really likes Ritichie, he does not like Frederic. Maybe because he yaps too much and Cassidy likes quiet players

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
No. You don't get to accuse Bergeron of cheating. If anything it is Cizikas who is cheating.

what a piece of sh*t. Backhanded compliments sandwiching a deliberate and transparent attempt to influence the officials, who’s b*lls he washes at the same time.

pathetic.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Not that DeBrusk has really played well enough to deserve to stay in the lineup, but I'd much rather replace Ritchie with Kuhlman and move Debrusk back to LW than do what they did. Ritchie has been useless. At a minimum, if you have a DeBrusk-Coyle-Kuhlman line, they'll play faster and maybe that puts some pressure on the Isles. There have been so many moments in this series where Ritchie is late to the play and a faster player would have had a bigger impact.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
If anything both him and Ritchie needed to sit or someone needed to move down.

Nick cannot keep up any pace. He hasn't done anything. Slow as molasses out there. He's not hitting. Not engaging with anyone. Say what you want about the Isles but every player they have on that ice has been hitting and engaging. No reason why Nick with his big ole body can't do that. If he can't keep up with Jake and Coyle, what makes anyone think he can with Kuhlman?

The biggest issue is that line rarely has the puck, they are always trapped in their own end. No chance for dump and chase while finishing hits for Ritchie.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I am certainly not known as a Kuhlman fan but comparing him and Jake this is what I get.

Jake is a better scorer.....except he isn't right now so it's a wash
Both have good speed and can force the play with speed and effort....except Jake isn't right now

Kuhlman is a less offensive and at this point a better hustling Jake

I'd rather have old Jake and his scoring, but can't excuse his lackadaisical effort out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad