Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 5 - The season is on the line - NBCSN, SN1, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yup.

I just don’t understand how you can ***** about him being inserted after getting nothing from the bottom 6.

Is Kuhlman going to save this bottom 6? Hell no. But none of the regulars are getting it done. IMO this change was needed after game 2. Now it’s really needed.

Too many passengers.
well said, KK isn`t going to pop a hat trick tonight but what he will do is bust ass every shift, play with pace, force opponents potentially into making a decision quicker than they would vs Ritchie.

Watch what Khulman does which leads to a great goal by Coyle, wins two battles, one in his own zone, the other just inside the neutral zone

when`s the last time we saw Jake or Ritchie do that?

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
The Bruins need to punish any Isles player that parks in front of the net and not let them get tap in goals like they've been getting so far in this series. The lovefest over Barzal is ridiculous, the guy didn't do anything in the first 2 games and now all of a sudden he's a game buster? Inconsistency is his game, shut him down and you shut down the Isles.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Glad that Bruins have last change... and home adv

Remember that last game or two vs Islanders in the regular season. Because that could be the difference in this series

Get Bergeron away from Pageau.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
good post, the Isles rarely try to push any pace at their opponents outside of perhaps the Barzal line. The other 3 lines mission is simple, limit opponents chances, kitty by the door BS and they are totally comfortable if they are sitting in a tied game or one goal game after 40 minutes while putting up a dozen shots, doesn`t bother them at all and it drives me nuts.

When I saw the Isles at their most uncomfortable vs the Pens and when the B`s have had success vs them in this series, it has typically come from plays that move from down low in their zone to up high, while their D core is very steady, they wouldn`t be considered the most fleet of foot. Work the puck low and go from there. Something is wrong with Leddy and why the B`s haven`t attacked him shift in and out is puzzling

Leddy is typically a player who can skate his team out of trouble and is often found taking the puck up ice himself, he is clearly laboring and the B`s or their coaches haven`t worked nearly hard enough to expose whatever it is he`s struggling with

good point on the Leddy thing

and it goes to Bruce not forcing match-ups....if Leddy has limited mobility I would be forcing the Bergy line matchup every time Leddy touched the ice

it is interesting- when Bruce first took over we loved his let them play, rev it up style....but like so many coaches after a few years on the job he seems to have gotten more conservative ....over time coaches seem to forget they aren't the center of the show

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Bruins need to punish any Isles player that parks in front of the net and not let them get tap in goals like they've been getting so far in this series. The lovefest over Barzal is ridiculous, the guy didn't do anything in the first 2 games and now all of a sudden he's a game buster? Inconsistency is his game, shut him down and you shut down the Isles.
felt the B`s started to chase Barzal, need to let him do is perimeter dance by himself

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
good point on the Leddy thing

and it goes to Bruce not forcing match-ups....if Leddy has limited mobility I would be forcing the Bergy line matchup every time Leddy touched the ice

it is interesting- when Bruce first took over we loved his let them play, rev it up style....but like so many coaches after a few years on the job he seems to have gotten more conservative ....over time coaches seem to forget they aren't the center of the show
yep and for me, it isn`t just putting out the Bergy line vs Leddy, it`s about consistently dumping pucks into his corner or attacking his side. I`m a real geek for some on ice stuff when I watch and I`ve noticed Leddy clearly having more difficulty turning to his left , if I`m noticing that from my couch, surely someone on the B`s staff with the tablets in their hands have no?

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
BAD DECISION KHULMAN IN FOR DEBRUSK. KUHLMAN will skate but no threat to score; at least debrusk has a game in him
to break out, but can't do it from the press box. I would have maybe sat ritchie if they wanted khulman in. If ritchie is not used as
a front net presence on the power play he is deemend uselesss as well. At least debrusk can keep up with pace of play.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
BAD DECISION KHULMAN IN FOR DEBRUSK. KUHLMAN will skate but no threat to score; at least debrusk has a game in him
to break out, but can't do it from the press box. I would have maybe sat ritchie if they wanted khulman in. If ritchie is not used as
a front net presence on the power play he is deemend uselesss as well. At least debrusk can keep up with pace of play.

Problem is he ain't breaking it out on the ice either.

Still can't believe Trent Frederic can't even get a sniff when our bottom 7 forwards (counting KK) are :looks around and gets sad: this.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Debrusk had to sit IMO

If anything both him and Ritchie needed to sit or someone needed to move down.

Nick cannot keep up any pace. He hasn't done anything. Slow as molasses out there. He's not hitting. Not engaging with anyone. Say what you want about the Isles but every player they have on that ice has been hitting and engaging. No reason why Nick with his big ole body can't do that. If he can't keep up with Jake and Coyle, what makes anyone think he can with Kuhlman?

PoweredByRICE

Hates your team
May 7, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Blaming Cassidy for DeBrusk squandering every opportunity he's been given is laughable.

At least Nick Ritchie tries out there. He goes to the dirty areas and sits in front of the net while DeBrusk goes off for a line change.

It is the right call leaving Ritchie in over DeBrusk.

Showing effort goes a long way

Bruce had to make changes. I hope Miller is back because Bruce should be adjusting more then this but it is a start.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
we may be seeing (or not seeing in this case) the end to Debrusk in Boston

Thought when the playoffs began and he started showing some positive signs things would be AOK but he`s not right, not even close
Beginning of the playoffs he was on LW. And scored twice. Then Bruce put him to RW. And shit went downhill. Though the 2nd and 3rd game he was VERY physical. He was hitting and battling. More than Nick has done. Last game he looked bad. Him and Nick. I can admit that. I don't understand why Cassidy changed a good thing that was working earlier in the 1st round. Mind-boggling actually.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Beginning of the playoffs he was on LW. And scored twice. Then Bruce put him to RW. And shit went downhill. Though the 2nd and 3rd game he was VERY physical. He was hitting and battling. More than Nick has done. Last game he looked bad. Him and Nick. I can admit that. I don't understand why Cassidy changed a good thing that was working earlier in the 1st round. Mind-boggling actually.
making smart plays and playing with focus shouldn`t be affected by that move, it`s not like Butch asked him to be a D partner to McAvoy

Yes, playing your off wing means adjustments need to be made but he`s a pro and hardly the first pro who has ever been asked to do so, his response has been poor, way too many excuses for Jake

Reactions: Alicat

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I hope they address the forward depth in the offseason. Man just swap a D for an F already. Something lateral to bring in some bottom 6 guys.

Gotta think we've been lucky accumulating injuries at D and not F. At F we have zero wiggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad