Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 5 - The season is on the line - NBCSN, SN1, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins can not afford to give the Islanders a chance to clinch at home on Wednesday night.

upload_2021-6-6_14-55-52.png

upload_2021-6-6_14-58-2.png

upload_2021-6-6_14-58-31.png

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
These next 2/3 games should tell us a lot about this team's heart and soul and overall playoff talent (or lack of) and playoff coaching ability (or lack of)

Keep your eyes open the next few days Donny

Reactions: fin8

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
630 gametime. yuck.
should be about 90 in the building then. right?
hopefully the top guys show up for this one.

Reactions: bbfan419

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
These next 2/3 games should tell us a lot about this team's heart and soul and overall playoff talent (or lack of) and playoff coaching ability (or lack of)

Keep your eyes open the next few days Donny
Gut check time for sure. Game four was the time to set the tone, but hopefully a raucous home crowd will light the fire that was o so dim last game. It's possible.

Still have a bad taste after game 4 - Carlo gets re-concussed by Clutterbuck in the third of a one-goal game 3 by a hit that is swept under the rug as "clean". Understand that the rest of pivotal game 3 was not the time for payback, but payback needed to occur, whether the hit was deemed clean or not. So game 4 comes along, seems like the perfect time to avenge your fallen teammate with concussion issues. Yet, Clutterbuck is left to skate worry-free. Nothing to see here, these are not the Neanderthal Bruins of the 70s after all. Meanwhile, What kind of pushback did occur? Hall, feeling the need to push back after Mayfield took liberties with him, mixed it up. Hall vs. Mayfield. Good on Hall, but come on man. Hall dropped because he thought there should be some response at some point, but since nobody pushes back on the team, he decided to go at it, for a second time in his career, with a guy who is twice his size and who can fight. Sidebar - even if Hall dropped first, Mayfield should have received a tap on the shoulder later on just for swinging a few too much there. But the cheery on top of that one was seeing Ritchie (and Kuraly and Wagner), but front and center was Ritchie tapping the boards with his stick following the fight. Way to go Taylor, way to show pushback, I'll tap the boards here from the comfort of the bench and not come close to doing anything similar, e.g. to Clutterbuck.

Then, during the Tinordi-Martin tilt - BTW, this guy fights Martin his first game in the series after coming back from the Hathaway face first in the boards hit (not to mention the Tanev shove before that). Oh yeah, he's also the guy who fought Wilson in his 2nd game as a Bruin following the first Carlo concussion back in March. Guy has to be thinking these ain't my father's Bruins, have been here for weeks, making the league minimum, and it seems I'm the only one dolling out justice over here. These must be the new age turning the other cheek Bruins, perhaps I should just stop doing this hard stuff, these are the Bygones be Bygones Bruins, no longer Big nor Bad.

But I digress, back to the softness because then, during the Tinordi-Martin tilt, while there was milling around of Bruins following the Barzal crosscheck to Lazar, opportunity knocked! Fourth line on, nothing to Barzal, of course. Mayfield can upend Hall but nobody can talk to Barzal following a crosscheck. Ok, got it. BUT, Lazar just happens to cross paths with Clutterbuck, and proceeds to let Clutterbuck do the Marchand-on-Sedin multiple-pops/shoves to the Pez-dispenser head on him while looking at the ref for help, instead of just going with the guy, showing up, win or lose, especially because he's the reason Carlo's out. If Lazar won't make a difference/contribution this way - it is well documented he is not making much in all others - then why not Wager, Kuraly, Ritchie...on uncle Leo for example. Nothing. I remember nothing from the 4th+Ritchie. Zip.

Way too easy to play against thus far. If that does not change quick, like in Game 5 quick, then good luck. I have a feeling that what happened in game 4 will have stewed in many for the last 24 and players who have been MIA thus far will come out like gangbusters in game 5. Perhaps not all, but enough. I believe in a resurgence of sorts by some that will lift the Bruins to a multi-goal dominating win. Do you believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia