Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 4 - Back to Boston with the series tied at 2

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I guess we see things differently . I think this has been his best playoff to date . Hasn't been the greatest of late but overall = very good in my eyes
Lately seems like the Isles forecheck has been causing him to turnover the puck at a much higher rate. He needs to clean that up quick or else we're gonna have problems

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Lately seems like the Isles forecheck has been causing him to turnover the puck at a much higher rate. He needs to clean that up quick or else we're gonna have problems
You are correct, but it's all 6 D not moving t.he puck quick enough to beat the forecheck. Add to that bad decisions and flubbed passes and Rask has to save their rear ends again. This team withits lack of any offence from lines 3 and four is not going past this round even if they pull off beating the Isles! Looking to next year we should keep line 1 and 2, dump lines 3 and 4 for what ever we can get and pick up players in the mold of Clutterbuck to fill those lower lines along with our young people from Providence that earn a spot. Coyle and JDB are not the answer. Lazar would be my only keep from the bottom 2 lines. Rask has to be resigned!!!! McAvoy is our only real top 4 Dman so I would look to steal some D from teams in cap crunch or trying to not lose D to Kraken. Carlo if he wasn't like Miller and injured every season would be added as a top 4 but he can't stay in the lineup. We need some D that can really shoot the puck like Boychuck. It's aesy to defend against when the other team never has to worry about a shot from the point! My protected D would be Chucky , Lauzon, and Carlo.

Reactions: bme44

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
You are correct, but it's all 6 D not moving t.he puck quick enough to beat the forecheck. Add to that bad decisions and flubbed passes and Rask has to save their rear ends again. This team withits lack of any offence from lines 3 and four is not going past this round even if they pull off beating the Isles! Looking to next year we should keep line 1 and 2, dump lines 3 and 4 for what ever we can get and pick up players in the mold of Clutterbuck to fill those lower lines along with our young people from Providence that earn a spot. Coyle and JDB are not the answer. Lazar would be my only keep from the bottom 2 lines. Rask has to be resigned!!!! McAvoy is our only real top 4 Dman so I would look to steal some D from teams in cap crunch or trying to not lose D to Kraken. Carlo if he wasn't like Miller and injured every season would be added as a top 4 but he can't stay in the lineup. We need some D that can really shoot the puck like Boychuck. It's aesy to defend against when the other team never has to worry about a shot from the point! My protected D would be Chucky , Lauzon, and Carlo.
I dont know, it's coming more and more clear to me that Coyle isn't the issue on that line, if they can give him two consistent wingers then he'll be a fantastic 3rd line C. Doesn't help that our D is destroyed right now, need Miller back bad.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I dont know, it's coming more and more clear to me that Coyle isn't the issue on that line, if they can give him two consistent wingers then he'll be a fantastic 3rd line C. Doesn't help that our D is destroyed right now, need Miller back bad.
But who are these wingers to be ,or are we talking for next season.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

So agree with you on the protected D. The GRYZ tire pumpers have me very defeated . The Islanders constantly dump the puck to his corner and know if they are not beat in a foot race they will have puck control. Gryz could have put a dozen eggs in his equipment at playoff start and the only ones broken to date would be from him falling

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Has anyone looked good with Coyle this season?

Expected plus/minus has Coyle as the worst Bruin this season by a substantial margin. So much so that substituting Studnicka in for him improves the xG outlook by as much as replacing Studnicka with Bergeron.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I'm starting to wonder if Lazar isn't the answer to the 4th line some of us first thought he'd be. Even as limited role players, Wagner and Kuraly used to not just grind, but play a possession game and even score clutch goals. Like I said pre-series if they don't figure something out I don't think the Bruins are advancing very far.

upload_2021-6-6_15-2-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-6_14-57-31.png
    upload_2021-6-6_14-57-31.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and bme44

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Tough game. Two teams going at it. Not to reduce it down to 2 plays, because there's more to it, but at one end Pasta misses a wide-open net, and at the other Barzal bats in a bouncing puck.

I still like the Bruins' chances over a 7-game series.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I'm starting to wonder if Lazar isn't the answer to the 4th line some of us first thought he'd be. Even as limited role players, Wagner and Kuraly used to not just grind, but play a possession game and even score clutch goals. Like I said pre-series if they don't figure something out I'd don't think the Bruins are advancing very far.

View attachment 444143

It's tough to admit this, but not having Par Lindholm as an option for that line is kind of too bad right now. Par would match the offensive futility but the defense would be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad