Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 4 6/5 7:25 - THE BEAR hopes this is last ever game in Uniondale - NBC, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2021-6-4_14-5-31.png

upload_2021-6-4_14-5-58.png

upload_2021-6-4_14-6-31.png

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
last ever? islanders moving to a new stadium after this season?

conventional wisdom says the islanders should take this game, and I picked bruins in 7, but I just have this feeling they will win tomorrow night.

that said, if they do, I can definitely see Islanders pulling off a game 5 win and then 6 will be the keystone game.

Reactions: Wiggleboom

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
last ever? islanders moving to a new stadium after this season?

conventional wisdom says the islanders should take this game, and I picked bruins in 7, but I just have this feeling they will win tomorrow night.

that said, if they do, I can definitely see Islanders pulling off a game 5 win and then 6 will be the keystone game.

The new rink is 10 miles to the east and on the LIRR

upload_2021-6-4_14-49-59.png

upload_2021-6-4_14-54-22.png

Last edited:

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I am very disappointed in the 3rd line. They always seem to get hemmed in their own zone and when Barzal is on the ice against them it always feels like his line is about to score. I think the Bruins can beat the Isles with the third line playing like this, but against TB I have zero confidence. TB's top lines will eat them up.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There's only one explanation for Islanders' loss to Bruins

This was a terrific playoff game that shook down the thunder and woke up the echoes at the Coliseum. It could have been Islanders-Bruins 1980, so fierce was the competition in which nothing was given and all was earned. It was a game that demanded a cleaner ending, though our friends at the other end of the Mass Pike would surely protest that observation.

No, it wasn’t that the Bruins didn’t earn their victory. Of course they did. But you’d have liked to see the game end on an artful goal … maybe on a breakaway the way Game 2 ended on Casey Cizikas’ solo dash in Boston on Monday. But instead of concluding on a bang, it came to an end on a whimper when Marchand scooped a bad-angle shot from the vicinity of the left corner that somehow found a sliver of space to beat Varlamov at 3:36 for 2-1 in the game and 2-1 in the series.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I am very disappointed in the 3rd line. They always seem to get hemmed in their own zone and when Barzal is on the ice against them it always feels like his line is about to score. I think the Bruins can beat the Isles with the third line playing like this, but against TB I have zero confidence. TB's top lines will eat them up.

It's a double whammy. Ritchie is for my money the Bruins worst defensive forward in his own end. He makes a decent breakout pass, but other than that he's not good. That's OK, everyone has wingers who aren't great defensive players.

Then add in you have Debrusk, whose better defensively but it's not exactly by a wide margin, over on his off-wing where it's harder for wingers on their off-wing to break out of the own zone, and it becomes a perfect storm.

They could split these two up so that you balance out the bad defensive wingers in the bottom 6 onto different lines. Get Debrusk back onto his natural wing on whichever line (3 or 4). Put Lazar on RW with Coyle.

Debrusk/Ritchie - Coyle - Lazar

Debrusk/Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner

It's not like what they currently have is really working. Line 3 has been kinda dreadful. Line 4 has been decent but I think you could mix it up and it wouldn't get any worse.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
There's only one explanation for Islanders' loss to Bruins

This was a terrific playoff game that shook down the thunder and woke up the echoes at the Coliseum. It could have been Islanders-Bruins 1980, so fierce was the competition in which nothing was given and all was earned. It was a game that demanded a cleaner ending, though our friends at the other end of the Mass Pike would surely protest that observation.

No, it wasn’t that the Bruins didn’t earn their victory. Of course they did. But you’d have liked to see the game end on an artful goal … maybe on a breakaway the way Game 2 ended on Casey Cizikas’ solo dash in Boston on Monday. But instead of concluding on a bang, it came to an end on a whimper when Marchand scooped a bad-angle shot from the vicinity of the left corner that somehow found a sliver of space to beat Varlamov at 3:36 for 2-1 in the game and 2-1 in the series.

Brad's goal was a great shot as well as bad goaltending. Islanders should have lost by 4 goals in this game if not for Varlamov

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
It's a double whammy. Ritchie is for my money the Bruins worst defensive forward in his own end. He makes a decent breakout pass, but other than that he's not good. That's OK, everyone has wingers who aren't great defensive players.

Then add in you have Debrusk, whose better defensively but it's not exactly by a wide margin, over on his off-wing where it's harder for wingers on their off-wing to break out of the own zone, and it becomes a perfect storm.

They could split these two up so that you balance out the bad defensive wingers in the bottom 6 onto different lines. Get Debrusk back onto his natural wing on whichever line (3 or 4). Put Lazar on RW with Coyle.

Debrusk/Ritchie - Coyle - Lazar

Debrusk/Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner

It's not like what they currently have is really working. Line 3 has been kinda dreadful. Line 4 has been decent but I think you could mix it up and it wouldn't get any worse.

I hear what you're saying, but before changing lines if I was on the bench I'd at least try swapping Debrusk and Ritchie. Debrusk will be better on LW and Ritchie might be ok on RW, its an unknown, so an easy quick thing to try before rearranging the lines.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hear what you're saying, but before changing lines if I was on the bench I'd at least try swapping Debrusk and Ritchie. Debrusk will be better on LW and Ritchie might be ok on RW, its an unknown, so an easy quick thing to try before rearranging the lines.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. I do find typically it's more skilled guys who can better handle their off-wing. That being said, it mostly depends on the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad