Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 2 - Islanders tie up the series in OT - Game 3 Thursday in Uniondale

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
If Rask's "nagging" injuries aren't an issue then WTF did Bruce even bring it up in the first place??????? :dunno: :rant:
Lol good point but I think Rask’s facial expressions may have caused some questioning on it either way. Plus the media loves a Tuukka Rask story.

Reactions: hrdpuk

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
What did Kuhlman show exactly? He's fast. That's it. They put Jake on his off wing to step in for Smitty. Never playing with Hall before. Jake looked fine. He didn't make any mistakes. He went to the front of the net. He was hitting. He was being physical. He passed. He had a couple of good passes. Almost scored. I don't know what else he could of done.

Im a DeBrusk guy and he just looked off to me, tentative, not engaged, not crashing the net enough

I get he hasn't played with Hall before but he used to be Krejci's left wing, and at this stage in his career he needs to be able to step in and just play his game, damn the chemistry. I thought Kuhlman looked a lot more dangerous and played a simple and effective game, for a guy that hasn't played in a minute, that told me he might be a better option for now.

if they keep Debrusk in that's fine and I hope he gets another 2 goals and powers the bottom half of the offense but I won't hold my breathe

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I thought the game was going to be today so kinda booked off my afternoon - last weekend. Drat, as there's a chance I might be a bit busy tomorrow. ugh.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Lol good point but I think Rask’s facial expressions may have caused some questioning on it either way. Plus the media loves a Tuukka Rask story.

The thing is now the Rask haters/Swayman lovers here and in the media have a ready made scapegoat if the Bruins lose this series (and they are capable of doing that, see Period 2 Game 2). It would have been better if Bruce had said nothing about it.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The thing is now the Rask haters/Swayman lovers here and in the media have a ready made scapegoat if the Bruins lose this series (and they are capable of doing that, see Period 2 Game 2). It would have been better if Bruce had said nothing about it.
I agree but I think he’s more trying to get ahead of it, although his comments after the game may have fueled it a bit though. Bruce doesn’t seem to be one to keep things quiet which I’m sure the media loves.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Might take some heat for this, but would Seny or a natural RW make more sense to put into Smith's spot instead of inserting JD on his off wing. Allow him to continue to do what he's doing with Coyle, he looked the best he has all year there. Seny did nothing in the NHL with his chance this year but I recall him playing minimal minutes and with grinders, had some good looks though. I just want to see the kid succeed

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Might take some heat for this, but would Seny or a natural RW make more sense to put into Smith's spot instead of inserting JD on his off wing. Allow him to continue to do what he's doing with Coyle, he looked the best he has all year there. Seny did nothing in the NHL with his chance this year but I recall him playing minimal minutes and with grinders, had some good looks though. I just want to see the kid succeed
You're not the first one on here to call for Senyshyn, but I don't see it. Is he even on the taxi squad? I think he may have played his last game in Boston. Didn't take advantage of the opportunity given to him this year.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
McAvoy, Carlo, Gryzlyck, + the other 3 D have to be at there best. If the D can make clear exists, the bruins will be fine if not
Islanders will have alot of offensive zone time and it will come down to rask vs varlomov; who will make the
big save at a key time and not let in a soft goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00