Pre-Game Talk: EDF Game 2 5/31 7:40 PM - THE BEAR wants more fishsticks - NBCSN, SN1, TVAS2, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2021-5-30_16-53-28.png

upload_2021-5-30_16-54-2.png

upload_2021-5-30_16-54-33.png

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Thats one thing thats a bummer about Boston unis not many cool throwbacks or alternate jerseys. All the franchises have basically stayed with the same unis and logos.

would love the Bs to wear the bear again

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
This year would have been the season to do it with the Reverse Retro program.

No way Lou was going to allow them to wear the fisherman, though.

He prevented the NJD from wearing alternate unis forever.

I liked the Flames alternate this year. May try and get a Looch one since its my goal to get all Looch jerseys

just found a site full of hockey throwbacks wish I thousands of dollars cuz there is so much but all are like $200

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Was just thinking about how the Islanders are likely to respond to their game 1 drubbing. For starters they were comfortably outskated by a fresher team and they tired as the 3rd period wore on. Now that both teams have just played, they'll hope to get on more even terms on that front, so surely at the very least we should expect a pretty hot start from them.

One of the surprising things in terms of their defense was how many shots they gave up from the slot or down low beneath the circles like Pasta's first. The Bruins weren't able to drive the net a lot but they were able to get guys nipping inside and getting off shots from some good positions, especially the top 2 lines. That's uncharacteristic of the Isles' D and something Trotz will somehow be looking to rectify.

In net I think Sorokin did ok - none of the goals he let in were shockers, but he gave up more rebounds that you would probably like, and it may well be that the Bruins, especially Pasta, found a weakness in getting him to overcommit before shooting the puck the other side as he moved across. NY would have to be tempted to go back to Varlamov - I know he wasn't very good against the Pens, but he's had a pretty strong season otherwise, is technically their no. 1 goalie, and he was excellent against the Bruins in the regular season, with a record of 7 starts, 5 wins, a .943 SV% and a 1.93 GAA. So I expect we'll see him very soon.

Finally, their offense is hard to assess because 5v5 they didn't have a whole ton of it. When they moved the puck quickly they did have our D scrambling a few times, and there were a couple of occasions where they were just inches away from nailing connecting passes that would likely have resulted in goals. That's credit to our guys for getting in there and either breaking up those plays or at least putting enough pressure on to ensure that they didn't connect, but I'd say they'd be looking for more of those quick counter-attacking plays that they do so well, because the potential to finish them better is clearly there.

All told, plenty they can work on and I expect they'll be more competitive in G2, but Boston will know this and will hopefully be ready for it. Would be huge to take a 2-0 lead to Uniondale.

PastaBaked

May 8, 2021
Without a Jarry in the opposition goal - I can't see how The Islanders can hope to maintain their scoring rate on shots on target.

In order to get back to 2-2 yesterday, they had to manufacture 2 goals on just 12 shots - unsustainable production against a GT of Tuukka's class.

The perfection line ran riot last night, continuing their dominance from round 1 - it's not easy to see a way back into this for the Islanders - they have an offensive black hole on their 1st line in Komarov and Barzal hasn't shown up at all this post-season.

I think the Bruins continue to bring the energy, match the heavy hitting of the Islanders and make the talent difference count - I expect Pasta to get some extra attention tomorrow - some of it after the whistle, no doubt.

Marchy is due a big game - 3 points is my prediction.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Islanders are 23-8 at Home this season

Lets make sure we take care of business at home

it will be tough to win in the coliseum

WIN GAME 2 LETS GO
You've got that right. The limited attendance Nassau crowd hit the decibel level of a full crowd against the Pens. Pretty awesome to hear such a raucous group. It would be bad if the Bs lost game 2 then had to go into that hornets nest for games 3 and 4. My prediction is if the Bs can take game 2 then they will split games 3 and 4, then win game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad