Post-Game Talk: EDF Game 1 - Pasta Hat Trick - BRUINS 5 Fishsticks 2 F - B's lead series 1-0

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
After watching the game again today only one bad thing stuck with me...

The B's have to STOP taking 'too many men' penalties ...there's no excuse for them

If the Islanders score on that 3rd period PP it would've given them a 3-2 lead and the ending might've been different

I’d like to chalk it up to the fact that Smith was in the locker room and mistakes happen because of the juggling that happens when you’re down a man, but it happens too much when they’re working with a full roster for that to be the only reason.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I’d like to chalk it up to the fact that Smith was in the locker room and mistakes happen because of the juggling that happens when you’re down a man, but it happens too much when they’re working with a full roster for that to be the only reason.

Two guys get off, three guys go on.

One of those three has a hard time holding two thoughts at the same time.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Me too. Having Martin for a mentor really helped Patrice become the player he is today. Martin took a lot of unnecessary shit here because of that big contract though.

He deserves a definite nod. A pro's pro. He was brought in to re-instil a hard-working winning culture that has been handed down and still exists today and helped Bergeron become the player we love. He's one of the guys I mention when talking about 'culture' being more important than 'talent'. You want both of course - but Team is more important. It's why I don't have an issue with veteran players.
Lapointe, Recchi, Iginla, Ference, Rolston, etc. - these guys might not bring everything to the table but they bring what young players and a Team need.

Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand and Rask are that now.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
This is offtopic to the current Post Game thread but i've been thinking a lot about it. I don't think i mention it often enough but what a great group of guys we have, our leadership and basically anyone who joins our team and is good enough to stay and plays his role here or whatever immediately becomes part of this well established stream of proud and calm goodness...runs from top to bottom...and then Pasta ''i don't play hockey for money'' and so on...

We've been fortunate.

Agreed great room of guys. Remember when a ton of people on this board were saying losing krug and chara was a major hit to this teams leadership and locker room. Looks like it turned out to be just fine.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
funniest thing was seeing 18k fans with no nasks then the national anthem singer singing with a mask on.lol.
Your obsession with chiding anyone who either chose or who is still required to wear a mask is pathetic.

Todd has to wear a mask per his employer.

You are required to wear a mask at the Garden unless you are eating or drinking.

If you think masks are a joke that is on you but keep your opinion and judgement of those who see it otherwise to yourself.

You are a f***ing clown

Reactions: jahbrations

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The only bummer when we were walking down the stairs at the Garden someone had fallen and split their head open...lots of blood. I hope who ever it is will be OK but it looked scary.
We saw him wrapped up in a neck brace being taken out. He was awake and talking thankfully. Hope he will be ok

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Surprise, surprise. Pastrnak 24 year old super star scores hat trick in opening playoff game against the Islanders! Can the 'me knee-jerk angry fan, let's trade Pasta' people STFU now?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad