Post-Game Talk: ECSF Gm 5 | FLYERS (4) vs. Islanders (3) OT | Tue., Sep. 1, 2020 | No update on Couturier

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
The actual proposal isn't that exciting of a story, but the lead up to it is. I waited quite a while to get engaged because I knew once I did shit was gonna pick up quick (I had a kid a year and a half later). I knew I was going to eventually but didnt have any actual plans to do it, felt like I was waiting for the "right time" My wife had planned to go visit Penn State with a couple friends one weekend, which wasn't abnormal, but literally the weekend before I found out like a bunch of other people were going. More friends, her entire family. It was the perfect situation to ask and then celebrate with everyone (remember?) especially at PSU where we met.

So I skip work on monday and went to a jewelry store only to have them basically laugh in my face at the idea of having an engagement ring made in a few days. I was told it takes weeks. I was naive and had no idea really. Went to three places and was going to give up, but this last place I walk in and I'm like. I wanted to propose this weekend, but just found out its impossible to get a ring made that quickly, yadda yadda. The owner hears me from the back and goes, "I think I can help" This was shortly after Valentine's day so their inventory was wiped, but he was getting a shipment wednesday. I skipped work again on Wednesday. Spent hours going through the diamonds to pick the one I wanted. They rush to make it by Friday afternoon and I pick it up on my way to PSU. Did I pay way more than I probably should have? Most definitely, but I got exactly what I/she wanted and a fun story to laugh to myself with.

She actually left the night before me, and we showered together before she left. Somehow the topic of a ring came up and I made a comment to her basically asking like what kind of ring she might want? Now I already knew what she wanted, and obviously the ring was being made as we talked, but I just said it as a joke and to throw her off. She cried for a VERY long time basically freaking out at how I could possibly still not know after this long. I actually had to pretend to cry while consoling her to hide my laughter. I am a terrible person.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hear me out....onlyfans...but for feet...

If this isn't the most on brand shit you've ever seen...

Screenshot_20200903-092410_Chrome.jpg

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Hmmm....intesting topic.

So how DID everyone propose, that have done so? I will admit mine. I did it in Vegas, on top of Paris, watching the Bellagio fountains at sunset. Cheesy, I know. But she likes that kind of stuff.

How about others?

If you get divorced, does the proposal really matter?

Not asking for a friend.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The actual proposal isn't that exciting of a story, but the lead up to it is. I waited quite a while to get engaged because I knew once I did shit was gonna pick up quick (I had a kid a year and a half later). I knew I was going to eventually but didnt have any actual plans to do it, felt like I was waiting for the "right time" My wife had planned to go visit Penn State with a couple friends one weekend, which wasn't abnormal, but literally the weekend before I found out like a bunch of other people were going. More friends, her entire family. It was the perfect situation to ask and then celebrate with everyone (remember?) especially at PSU where we met.

So I skip work on monday and went to a jewelry store only to have them basically laugh in my face at the idea of having an engagement ring made in a few days. I was told it takes weeks. I was naive and had no idea really. Went to three places and was going to give up, but this last place I walk in and I'm like. I wanted to propose this weekend, but just found out its impossible to get a ring made that quickly, yadda yadda. The owner hears me from the back and goes, "I think I can help" This was shortly after Valentine's day so their inventory was wiped, but he was getting a shipment wednesday. I skipped work again on Wednesday. Spent hours going through the diamonds to pick the one I wanted. They rush to make it by Friday afternoon and I pick it up on my way to PSU. Did I pay way more than I probably should have? Most definitely, but I got exactly what I/she wanted and a fun story to laugh to myself with.

She actually left the night before me, and we showered together before she left. Somehow the topic of a ring came up and I made a comment to her basically asking like what kind of ring she might want? Now I already knew what she wanted, and obviously the ring was being made as we talked, but I just said it as a joke and to throw her off. She cried for a VERY long time basically freaking out at how I could possibly still not know after this long. I actually had to pretend to cry while consoling her to hide my laughter. I am a terrible person.

Regarding the ring - I went in with mine and walked out with it 2 days later. I wasn't really sure I was going to propose in Nashville (I was actually planning on doing it later last year on a trip to the Redwoods), but the model band I wanted was the correct size at the store, so they were able to pull it off in a few days, so I just rolled with it.

Also, engagement rings are too f***ing pricy.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Hmmm....intesting topic.

So how DID everyone propose, that have done so? I will admit mine. I did it in Vegas, on top of Paris, watching the Bellagio fountains at sunset. Cheesy, I know. But she likes that kind of stuff.

How about others?

My wife and I met at a summer job. I was working in the warehouse, and she was a marketing intern. One day I saw her reading a book on a bench at lunch. So, the next day, I grabbed a book and pretended to read next to her. We start chatting and hit it off.

Fast forward a few years, I decided to propose to her. I bought the ring, and wanted to cut a heart out of the pages in the same book she was first reading, but she couldn't remember what the book was. So, I bought Pride and Prejudice, and cut out the pages in that book. For all you book nerds, I bought a copy that had a preamble. I didn't cut into the story itself. I took her to the office where we met, gave her the book, and proposed on the bench. It was pretty cool.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
My wife and I met at a summer job. I was working in the warehouse, and she was a marketing intern. One day I saw her reading a book on a bench at lunch. So, the next day, I grabbed a book and pretended to read next to her. We start chatting and hit it off.

Fast forward a few years, I decided to propose to her. I bought the ring, and wanted to cut a heart out of the pages in the same book she was first reading, but she couldn't remember what the book was. So, I bought Pride and Prejudice, and cut out the pages in that book. For all you book nerds, I bought a copy that had a preamble. I didn't cut into the story itself. I took her to the office where we met, gave her the book, and proposed on the bench. It was pretty cool.

This is an A+ story.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

yaQ9DWa.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I proposed next to a trash can.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hah, I had a similar situation at the Ryman. We got there as the first people there -- minus the photographer i had come out. We're behind her in line, and she goes to the security guy "Yeah, i'm here to shoot a surprise proposal." I do a fake cough, fiancee remains oblivious. Photographer realizes its us, steps out of the way and right in front of us is a giant walk-through metal detector. I take my phone and keys out of my pocket, look the security guard dead in the eyes and mouth "It's me" and half pull the ring box out of my pocket. She lets me walk through no questions asked. Then, the manager on duty was giving my photographer a hard time about being on stage for the actual proposal, so i have her texting me while were trying to do the walk around tour. I "went to the bathroom" about 6 times in 10 minutes as we were walking around the museum part of it trying to get everything orchestrated. Most stressful 20 minutes of my life.

Similar to my story, we went back to the Capitol for engagement photos a few months later and brought our very good boy. I'm pretty much convinced that I saved the country from a terrorist attack but I don't wanna brag about it. We were up top looking down where the entrance to the the Capitol Police were talking to some fourteen year old girl. After she was done talking to them she walked around the corner out of sight to a trash can pretended to put something in there and continued walking and put something in a bush and they let her "go." A minute or two goes by and those police people start kind of looking around that area where she put something. I went down and talked to them and pointed out where she put whatever it was. They grabbed it. It was a nail file. I asked what they were talking about and they said that she had this on her and they asked here to throw it out because she wasn't allowed to bring it in. Why wouldn't you just throw that out? Why try to hide something around the US Capitol building? Just seems so dumb. So you're welcome from preventing that terrorist attack.

Now you may be wondering what the good boy was doing during this time since I mentioned him. He got barked at by a police dog. That wasn't very cool. Shouldn't those doggos not be bothered by other doggos? Unless my doggo is an underground cookie dealer and that other dog was a narc.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
THAT EXPLAINS ALOT.

View attachment 365634
"YES BEEFMAN! YES! YOUVE MADE ME THE HAPPIEST TRASH CAN IN THE WORLD!!"

lol she's going to appreciate this.

The real story is that I made it down to the ocean (at Stone Harbor, where there are trash cans at every beach entrance), said what I hope were loving and sweet things, my wife called me an asshole, which left me confused, so she clarified to "yes."

But when we got back to the house it apparently went faster than my dad expected so the first thing he said wasn't "Congrats" or anything like that, it was "Did you make it past the trash cans?"

So that has been the joke.

Similarly, when we told our parents that we were going to spawn, my mom was happy and dancing and crying, and my dad just looks up from his article, looks at me, and deadpans "Do you know how this happened?"

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
lol she's going to appreciate this.

The real story is that I made it down to the ocean (at Stone Harbor, where there are trash cans at every beach entrance), said what I hope were loving and sweet things, my wife called me an asshole, which left me confused, so she clarified to "yes."

But when we got back to the house it apparently went faster than my dad expected so the first thing he said wasn't "Congrats" or anything like that, it was "Did you make it past the trash cans?"

So that has been the joke.

Similarly, when we told our parents that we were going to spawn, my mom was happy and dancing and crying, and my dad just looks up from his article, looks at me, and deadpans "Do you know how this happened?"

I spent WEEKS memorizing what I wanted to say. I still have it written down and tucked away in a box with all of our other "relationship stuff". The fiancee cant remember a single word of it. She always jokes that i could have told her she was the worst person in the world and that i hated her, and it wouldnt have mattered. She saw shiny, said yes.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
These stories are all great.

Ours is not. We were walking by a jewelry store and she said, “Oh look, they have Verragio settings. That’s what I want!” I said ok let’s get it right now. We walked in ordered exactly what she wanted. I filled out the immigration paperwork while the guy showed her diamonds, then we went to get hot pot. :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Ours is not. We were walking by a jewelry store and she said, “Oh look, they have Verragio settings. That’s what I want!” I said ok let’s get it right now. We walked in ordered exactly what she wanted. I filled out the immigration paperwork while the guy showed her diamonds, then we went to get hot pot. :laugh:

There was hot pot, it's a great story

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I wont lie, I fully expected this story to involve renting out a small island nation for flash mob as you cruised over in a glass bottom 747.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad