Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
He is still better than McQuaid, Ward, Hnidy, Stuart, Gill, and a number of our defense-only defensemen ever were over the last decade. There is a place for him, if they keep him in the proper role.

Tough
Leader
Defense
Size
Experience

All assets for the role he should have, which is a 15 minute per game defense-only role. Outside of McAvoy no one on the current defense can provide what he can defensively either. Carlo has been a disaster. Who will kill penalties? Moore?

If Krug goes it isn't as though the Bruins can go the Toronto path of offense-only.
Meh.

We’re in rebuild territory.

I would rather just go with
McAvoy
Carlo
Gryz
Moore
Clifton
Lauzon
Vaak/Zyboril

and use Z/Krug/Tuukka money to finally fix the 2nd line.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Chara can't skate any more at all. His only use is on the PK because he only has to be mostly stationary, but even then, if there's a foot race to a puck in the corner, he's not winning it and that puck is going to stay in their end for sustained chances. If I were Sweeney, I say thanks for everything but time to ride off into the sunset...

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
The pressure is on Tampa. We all know what its been like holding 3-0 and 3-1 leads...lol. Honestly, just hoping for a hard effort and come out with a V. From there, one game at a time.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Chara can't skate any more at all. His only use is on the PK because he only has to be mostly stationary, but even then, if there's a foot race to a puck in the corner, he's not winning it and that puck is going to stay in their end for sustained chances. If I were Sweeney, I say thanks for everything but time to ride off into the sunset...

i think he can still play an important role as a mentor of sorts and be a 3rd pairing guy for sure. As long as it’s cheap and everyone agrees TOI will be limited, im cool with him playing another season

JoeyBananas

Aug 24, 2018
Meh.

We’re in rebuild territory.

I would rather just go with
McAvoy
Carlo
Gryz
Moore
Clifton
Lauzon
Vaak/Zyboril

and use Z/Krug/Tuukka money to finally fix the 2nd line.

You gotta move on from John Moore. The guy is soft, especially for his size, and he's an absolute traffic cone. Lauzon is higher than him on the depth chart, and he has the grit that John Moore lacks. I also don't love Grzelcyk, but if you're letting Krug go, I guess you can keep him as a small puck mover (he avoids contact, and he can't hit a soccer net with his shot).

Reactions: Number6

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I just don’t understand how you can watch this team and say with a straight face Chara needs to go. If people didn’t know his age and only saw his play there would be no issue.

Chara at around 2m is an absolute no brainer. It’s not a perfect stat but there’s a reason the guy is a steady +20 every year while taking mostly defensive zone draws.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I just don’t understand how you can watch this team and say with a straight face Chara needs to go. If people didn’t know his age and only saw his play there would be no issue.

Chara at around 2m is an absolute no brainer. It’s not a perfect stat but there’s a reason the guy is a steady +20 every year while taking mostly defensive zone draws.
Chara can stay another year but he’s best served on the 3rd pairing. And for the lover of god give Bergeron the ‘C’ prior to next season.

I still see the issue as a lack of middle 6 forwards.
Krejci DeBrusk Coyle... after that it’s Bjork Ritchie Kuhlman Studnika.. there’s a big void there. My hope was Senyshyn would’ve asserted himself by now.

Might have to be a free agent offseason acquisition. I really would’ve like Alex Radulov back when he was available. Can score and plays a physical game.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

Absolutely right

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
You gotta move on from John Moore. The guy is soft, especially for his size, and he's an absolute traffic cone. Lauzon is higher than him on the depth chart, and he has the grit that John Moore lacks. I also don't love Grzelcyk, but if you're letting Krug go, I guess you can keep him as a small puck mover (he avoids contact, and he can't hit a soccer net with his shot).
Yah, I’d love to move on from Moore, but our genius GM locked him up for another 3 seasons at $2.8 million per.

Can’t see anyone wanting to take him off our hands. We’re stuck with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln