Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 4 - We Wuz Robbed - And the NHL knows it!!! - Tampa Bay wins in OT and leads series 3-1

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Once again a painful opening period that put us behind the 8 ball cost us.

And the complete lack of 5 on 5 scoring is killing us. And then we just didn't have it in us to end it in OT.

Even if all that is true, Bruins were leading 3-2 in the 3rd and got jobbed from the refs on that Acciari call and Killorn+Kucherov non called.

Talk about a series altering reffing 10min.

bluetib

Feb 17, 2009
Montreal
bruins.nhl.com
Just being honest - the better team won and it's not on the refs.

Also, continually spotting visiting teams early two goal leads is a recipe for disaster.

The lineup changes everyone wanted happened, but to no avail.

Needed bigger players and since unav. went with Donato and mini Gionta

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Honestly, I'm just angry that once again the story of the game is the officiating, and that's been the case each game. I'd much rather be able complain about how the Bruins are playing like **** than about how the refs are showing how incompetent they are again.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It’s nights like these that make me not really engaged in this league any longer. They’re the WWE on ice.

Game manager refs and instant replay have stolen the soul of the NHL.

As an aside. People are right. If Cam Neely has any balls left he sticks his mug in front of a camera in the morning and starts at A and ends at Z of the curse word alphabet.

Reactions: goflyakite and BMC

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think we both have shown we don't need hindsight to make these types of statements.

I've only agreed with sitting Heinen the first time. He came back with jump and did what was asked.

I have no idea why he was scratched again. He was 100% not the issue with that 3rd line.

Yeah.

Not to mention why not just demote him to the 4th? You put a 40 year old midget on the 4th line instead. Yuck.

Swap him with one of Kuraly/Acciari/Schaller to shakeup the bottom 6 before you scratch him.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
I'm so tired of reading "The better team won" posts.

Thats not how hockey works. Worse teams win all the time.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
TB has been the better team majority of this series regardless of the refs...period.

Bruins haven't played their game except for flashes...

If Krug is done, series is over...Team has trouble breaking out as it is.

TB capitalizes on all of their chances, period. Bruins don't. They come up short....Can't get any sustained pressure consistently..

You can blame the refs all you want for bull**** calls and etc...which yeah, they happened.

But when it comes down to it the Bruins just don't finish when they need to. Hasnt been much urgency, desperation or will to win races, puck battles or games...Rask has been ehhhh...hes made huge timely stops but also let in total stinkers at horrible times..I wouldn't blame him for the losses but its not helping.

Without Carlo and Krug now..we just don't have the depth or talent to win...NSH, WPG, PIT etc would dismantle us most likely playing in this poor fashion. Boston just hasn't played their game..

Cassidy is too easy on players. Nash shoulda been benched he was ATROCIOUS in the 1st...yet he keeps sending him out n giving him 1st pp time...

Gionta had no business playing..

Just abysmal all around...Bruins can't play hockey for 10 minutes and win hockey games. They don't seem hungry at all, and to me thats just unacceptable...Especially from guys like Krejci, Nash whose never won **** (wonder why)...unacceptable..

Right now they don't deserve this series let alone to win the cup.
Agree with every point but the bottom line tonight is if the call was made on the McAvoy play the series could well be tied 2-2

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Just being honest - the better team won and it's not on the refs.

Also, continually spotting visiting teams early two goal leads is a recipe for disaster.

The lineup changes everyone wanted happened, but to no avail.

After tying up that 2-goal deficit, we outshot them 13-4 until they called Acciari, followed by several crucial non-calls which all gave them back the momentum after the shorthanded goal (where the refs were arguably bailed out for a horrendous call, but still to no avail). Tampa was in no way the better team this game, and the only reason it was close is reffing inconsistency.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
Disgusted beyond belief with this officiating, this is not just incompetence, this is more like systematic corruption. Really have to question myself why I invest so much time in this sport, have to rethink this, not good for my health getting this angry.
Gotta be something better to do with our time. Take a course at code academy. Find an app to learn Chinese. Work your way through 'The Art of French Cooking.' Something.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Tampa could very well be up 3-1 without the official interference, they have an incredible team. Seeing it happen the way it has happened so far though is incredibly frustrating.

Reactions: goflyakite

bluetib

Feb 17, 2009
Montreal
bruins.nhl.com
well lets hope DS gets rid of the Dead wood and moves on in the offseason ..But its time to call out the refs and i will be very dissapointed if Cam or any one else from the front office calls out the refs and legue for the shotty REFS plays this whole series.

You will be bud sorry! (politics)

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

I'm a believer. Lay it on the line in Tampa. Get a win, get them doubting themselves, come back to Boston and blitz them and we are in game 7 where anything goes. Someone is going to have to step up huge and Cassidy and the coaches have to get together and ice the best roster possible. Tonight that was not what they rolled out there. Do we roll the dice on a young kid on D or do we go with Holden? He skates okay I suppose. I wouldn't mind the bold move throwing in a kid like Zboril for skating and physicality

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Not sure the line up choices were really what this team needed

They needed to just play better, with urgency, they did that in the second ...almost had it in the third. That non call on Charlie is a killer but this team shouldn't have lost game 2 AND 3. Maybe they can make a series out of it but reffing aside they are playing hurt but not giving it all every shift

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Also sucks when that scrub girardi scores two goals in a series after going years without. Always happens. No name ***** producing a goal or two.

Again always seems to be the case
No names score against us in ot but our no names can never the heros

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Bruins were undoubtedly the better team in Game 1 and this game. It's a 2-2 series right now if it's called even. What are the penalties now? 19-9?

Reactions: goflyakite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad