Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 Sat 12:24 PM THE BEAR has its back against the wall - NBC, SN, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-8-28_13-16-7.png

14WZf.jpg

HipCheck_TampaFans_Bear.jpg

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I'm ready, I hope the Bruins are too. I want to see a determined, hard working, cohesive group. If they lose tomorrow, then I will lose hope but if they rebound and win, then I may get excited again. I still get upset thinking about how they hung Vladar out to dry, that was inexcusable.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
The extra rest hopefully helps this team, given the age of our key players. That definitely showed last game. Fun fact, the average age of our 4 captains and current starting goalie is 35.4.

These guys are proven performers though. I'm worried, but optimistic.

Reactions: bbfan419

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
After that last shit show I'm having my doubts

I need the Bruins to come out flying, hitting and scoring to show us they want to keep playing

If they win tomorrow then I like their chances, but if they go down 3 -1 it's likely over

upload_2020-8-28_16-51-50.jpeg

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
After that last shit show I'm having my doubts

I need the Bruins to come out flying, hitting and scoring to show us they want to keep playing

If they win tomorrow then I like their chances, but if they go down 3 -1 it's likely over

View attachment 364622

Yeah I am on the same page as you. I have no doubt they will be there in body, but this team does not inspire a great amount of confidence when they are in do or die situations. They seem to just die. They folded like a cheap suit against St. Louis when it mattered and did it again the last game against TB (and the 2018 series against Tampa as well).

Reactions: BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yeah I am on the same page as you. I have no doubt they will be there in body, but this team does not inspire a great amount of confidence when they are in do or die situations. They seem to just die. They folded like a cheap suit against St. Louis when it mattered and did it again the last game against TB (and the 2018 series against Tampa as well).

By this measuring stick, 15 teams fold like a cheap suite every year in the playoffs.

How about Games 6 and 7 against Toronto?

Or Games 4 and 5 against Columbus?

Or Game 6 against St. Louis?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
By this measuring stick, 15 teams fold like a cheap suite every year in the playoffs.

How about Games 6 and 7 against Toronto?

Or Games 4 and 5 against Columbus?

Or Game 6 against St. Louis?

Okay, fair point, but in those cases I do feel like they should not have been there to start with. I feel this way because I believe in my heart that the Bruins are the best team in the NHL, that when they are on their game and bringing it they are better than anyone in the league. This is why it is easy to feel disappointed.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

Ramzz

Aug 7, 2018
The extra rest hopefully helps this team, given the age of our key players. That definitely showed last game. Fun fact, the average age of our 4 captains and current starting goalie is 35.4.

These guys are proven performers though. I'm worried, but optimistic.

Well the Bruins are the second youngest team in the playoffs ATM.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Okay, fair point, but in those cases I do feel like they should not have been there to start with. I feel this way because I believe in my heart that the Bruins are the best team in the NHL, that when they are on their game and bringing it they are better than anyone in the league. This is why it is easy to feel disappointed.

That's the problem with you optimists.

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad