GDT: ECSF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Carolina Hurricanes, 3:30 PM, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Right, inserting the best drafted prospect on planet earth whose play style is the perfect counter to how Carolina plays is definitely not the right thing to do. We need Smith in there to absorb hits, take penalties, and be a black hole offensively.
"Best drafted prospect on planet earth"?

Tough to debate that kind of logic.

Appreciate the loyalty; if not the objectivity.

But if Jack Hughes is the next Connor McDavid why wouldn't Luke be the next Paul Coffey?

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I won’t be able to watch today because I’ll be at a 3 year olds birthday, but it’s outside which is ideal since it’s beautiful in Jersey today. Hopefully when I check the score luke will have a hat trick already.
Listen to it on the phone or watch it on your phone ! The kid will have plenty of more birthdays lol

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I’m so f***ing proud of this team for what they’ve accomplished this year, and I’m thrilled for our future. We are in arguably the best position in the league going forward with our young core and prospects.

But they have to win tonight to keep it going. Hopefully, they get the series to 2-1!

Don’t let it end fellas, LGD!!!

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
It’s almost like the Devils management thinks the series is over, so let the rookie get a taste of the playoffs. I hope he plays well, but he’s not our savior. That’s the vibe I’m getting.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
It’s almost like the Devils management thinks the series is over, so let the rookie get a taste of the playoffs. I hope he plays well, but he’s not our savior. That’s the vibe I’m getting.

Graves is hurt from that hit he took, he didn't even play the 3rd period so it's not like he's being healthy scratched for Luke. Would you rather Smith play? Besides him there isn't anyone else anyway so they are definitely better off giving Luke a shot over Smith.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Graves is injured. Would you be more comfortable with Smith in? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

Luke’s transition game and speed through the D-zone/Neutral zone should help us beat the Canes structure.

Last edited:

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
6E3A6608-66B8-4787-AAD7-F970C44044ED.gif

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Pleased to see Luke Hughes will be in tonight. Any word on who the goalie will be? Haven’t been able to follow the team news since Friday.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I am angry that the devils let the hurricans hit graves and hischier & nothing came of it.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Had a dream last night that the Devils fell behind 3-1 then scored 6 unanswered goals to win 7-3 (hat trick by 86). Then again, I also dreamt that I was getting dressed for my own game and couldn't figure out how to correctly put my pads on so I'm sure how much stock we should put in the predictive power of dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad