GDT: ECSF Game 2 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ Washington Capitals | 3PM | MVP! MVP! MViP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exHornet

May 14, 2014
Not a bad move. Geno could probably play OK right now, but you know that the Caps are going to target that leg.

He needs 2 weeks. As I said in another thread, he most likely has a grade 1 MCL sprain. Not a tear. He can actually heal this thing, and not actually just play thru pain.

And for the record, I don't care what the media says, as a physician myself I can tell you that there is NO WAY Couturier played with a completely torn MCL. No friggin' way. They are way overstating that injury, just like they way overstated Simmonds' various injuries. That was a load of crap, as well.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
And for the record, I don't care what the media says, as a physician myself I can tell you that there is NO WAY Couturier played with a completely torn MCL. No friggin' way. They are way overstating that injury, just like they way overstated Simmonds' various injuries. That was a load of crap, as well.

You mean to tell me you have more medical knowledge that some guy who googled MCL? Get out of here! :)

And yes, writing Geno off for the whole playoffs is quite ridiculous but then again certain posters have repeatedly claimed for years that Geno, Phil and (more rarely) Sid are finished as elite players for good, so that's nothing new. Remember last year when half of this forum was adamant Sid wasn't going to return after the Niskanen crossheck? Good times.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Couturier played on a completely torn MCL. And actually played well. No need for so much negativity

That was Couturier and this is Malkin. But yeah... he's practicing and SOME say even looks pretty good. So obviously it's not a devastating injury. Maybe just a nagging one.

I agree with exHornet, though... I think most of the Flyers injuries were overstated to make excuses.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Were some of you gullible enough to believe that if Malkin was going to play he’d really be centering the 4th line? :laugh:

It was being explained to me the other day how it was a good idea, yeah. Something something Brassard (1G, 2A) playing too well.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
that's just minimal information. He's not going to have Geno pretending to practice in full contact gear if he's out for the playoffs.

Well, what you call “minimal information,” I call an effort to deflect and redirect....mind game in other words....it would absolutely be brilliant to have players practicing and the media put out how great they look only not to play them...it’s a Belichickian move.....

exHornet

May 14, 2014
If this were game 6 or 7 of the finals, they could needle Malkin for this particular injury and make him comfortable enough to play without much risk. But there's no point at this juncture. He can get back to 100% with just a little bit more time, if I'm right on my guess. He's also an elite athlete, and elite athletes heal faster than you and me. That's what makes them elite athletes.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I think they're gonna wait til they get a home game to get Geno back in. Considering they're already ahead without him having played. No sense giving Tom Wilson another star player to target if you don't have to.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well, what you call “minimal information,” I call an effort to deflect and redirect....mind game in other words....it would absolutely be brilliant to have players practicing and the media put out how great they look only not to play them...it’s a Belichickian move.....
there is 0% chance that's what is happening here. None.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I noticed a bunch of the Caps fans posting Malkin was probably playing this one.
They sure got nervous. So yeah, I'd assume it goes to MGMT also. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Andy99

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Those Simmonds injury reports were insane. If any of it was actually true he would not have played because even risk of further injury aside, there would be no chance of helping the team at all. Would have been better served with a healthy AHLer

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Even if Brassard had more points in the 2 games Malkin has been out, there is no universe in which it's a good idea to put Malkin on the 4th line.
I think most of us were just pointing out that Malkin on the 4th line still makes us a better team than no Malkin at all.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Even if Brassard had more points in the 2 games Malkin has been out, there is no universe in which it's a good idea to put Malkin on the 4th line.

Preaching to the choir, man. Definition of counterproductive. Better to just sit him if that's all he can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad