GDT: ECSF Game 2 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ Washington Capitals | 3PM | MVP! MVP! MViP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
TZgfBG7.jpg

NzvQxIi.jpg

6EClxBd.jpg

BQetkdO.jpg

DSouQvn.jpg

My bad.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Good call, there.

He's obviously in worse shape than people seem to want to admit to themselves.

Oh well. They'll get it done without him.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
If he can't go today I don't see how much could change between now and Tuesday/Thursday. I'd bet they are going to be without him for this series.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
One game at a time. They're up 1-0. It'd be even better if they can make it 2-0 before heading home, but it's not the end of the world.

Reactions: ColePens

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I expect a lot more power plays today. This probably is not going to be to our advantage, though you never know. Maybe PP1 will catch fire.

And I predict a big goal by Brassard. Jake is probably pissed his 16 points are somehow not enough for the lead in the playoffs and will add to his tally. Mostly, I am happy it's an early game so I will be able to watch and post how the sky is falling should anything go wrong.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
If he can't go today I don't see how much could change between now and Tuesday/Thursday. I'd bet they are going to be without him for this series.

It sucks but I don't think I've ever seen Malkin go down even slightly awkwardly without then being out 2-4 weeks at minimum.

It also sucks that I can't recall the Caps missing a significant player for the playoffs at all in recent history. They have to be the healthiest team on average in history.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If we win today we might rest Geno and Hagelin all series.

I'm just of the opinion that they should only play them when they are ready to play impact minutes. At least so long as they can reasonably afford to.

Have to wait on more updates, I suppose.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
This series is far from a “slam dunk” as some seem to think...

This will likely be tied heading back to Pittsburgh and they will need Geno back and playing at an elite level to pull this off.

Caps 4-1

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This series is far from a “slam dunk” as some seem to think...

This will likely be tied heading back to Pittsburgh and they will need Geno back and playing at an elite level to pull this off.

Caps 4-1

I don't think Malkin will be playing at an elite level the rest of these playoffs.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
It sucks but I don't think I've ever seen Malkin go down even slightly awkwardly without then being out 2-4 weeks at minimum.

It also sucks that I can't recall the Caps missing a significant player for the playoffs at all in recent history. They have to be the healthiest team on average in history.
When you’re a “heavy” team that are the ones dishing out the punishment, that tends to be the case...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm just of the opinion that they should only play them when they are ready to play impact minutes. At least so long as they can reasonably afford to.

Have to wait on more updates, I suppose.
If we can take a strangle hold on the series and stay out of the box i'm fine keeping those 2 on the shelf if we win this series as fast as possible to rest up and hope for the other series to reach game 7. Game 1 was pretty even I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->