ECSF Game 2: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Washington Capitals | 3 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
That's just a clear typo. M right next N. But please try harder next time. I'm actually flattered that you took time to stock my messages.

:laugh:

Wonder if you and Loseipeg are the same people.

No hockey insight. Just troll all day. Kinda sad tbh.
LOL
Got caught there hey?
You're the sad one obviously

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
Dude you've been trashing Oshie in this thread for half an hour, he was traded off your team 3 years ago. Caps fans love him, and I'm pretty sure most of the other Blues fans on here don't even care anymore.
I made one comment about how ridiculous his move was and YOU got defensive. He is a pretty hard top line player to watch who doesn't embody gritty playoff hockey. I made one passionate comment in frustration because I love the caps and OV and I know how tough oshie could play(see his freshman and sophomore seasons and big hits) and would love to see him stop doing the ridiculous stuff like he did at the end of the game and have a tougher mentality. I want the caps to win a cup and I want to see Oshie have success and I will passionately protest the parts of his game that I despise. Sorry you got so offended. But I didn't trash him just defended the trade so we could sign better wingers to our team, a fact you can't deny but want to pretend like we traded oshie to win a cup when it was actually the caps who traded for oshie to win a cup. We are a retooling team that replaced oshie with a much better winger. So no hate to a man I actually have met on multiple occasions and hope to see win a cup, but a little frustration towards YOU and your cheap shots at my franchise.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I made one comment about how ridiculous his move was and YOU got defensive. He is a pretty hard top line player to watch who doesn't embody gritty playoff hockey. I made one passionate comment in frustration because I love the caps and OV and I know how tough oshie could play(see his freshman and sophomore seasons and big hits) and would love to see him stop doing the ridiculous stuff like he did at the end of the game and have a tougher mentality. I want the caps to win a cup and I want to see Oshie have success and I will passionately protest the parts of his game that I despise. Sorry you got so offended. But I didn't trash him just defended the trade so we could sign better wingers to our team, a fact you can't deny but want to pretend like we traded oshie to win a cup when it was actually the caps who traded for oshie to win a cup. We are a retooling team that replaced oshie with a much better winger. So no hate to a man I actually have met on multiple occasions and hope to see win a cup, but a little frustration towards YOU and your cheap shots at my franchise.
Thanks for the essay champ. Oshie is the exact opposite of this claim but keep on living in your fantasy land.

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
Enough w/the Geno worship :hyper: Sure, when healthy and on he's their best player.

However Caps have beaten Pitt with Geno and Special Snow Flake Sid many times - and with the refs shading it for Pitt.
Actually they have zero playoff series wins over the pens in the OV era. Not sure why so many caps fans are posting something to this effect. All the die hard caps fans I have talked to are confident in their ability to win but at no point claiming to have gotten the upper hand on the penguins in the playoffs in any way, shape, or form. They have played each other in 3 series before this one in the OV era, I would hope the caps would have won a few games during that time and didn't go 0-12

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
Could you imagine the outrage if the both of the controversial plays were reversed? Goalie interference is such a coin flip day to day. Connolly obviously slashed Murray. Since he was honest and did not dive he had a goal scored on him. Had he fallen down though, I bet the goal would have been called back. Everyone gets mad at embellishing but this is exactly why goalies embellish.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Spelling aside. Dumoulin is a damn good Dman. Calling him a top pairing on a bottom feeder is dumb. (when he's literally been on the top pairing for two straight cup teams)

Agreed, I haven't watched all of the two games, but he's been one of the best d men on Pit so far. Don't think you guys can afford to lose him for more than a game or two.

He's doesn't panic with the puck and cough it up. Possession and clearing the zone is important in the playoffs because there is always less space.

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
Thanks for the essay champ. Oshie is the exact opposite of this claim but keep on living in your fantasy land.
Please. Does he produce similar to other top line players? Sure. Is he a gritty player who is strong on his skates and powers through adversity? Some of you caps fans are so used to watching pre Trotz OV and Semin dance around on the ice that a player like Oshie seems like a tough and gritty playoff player. Couldn't be anything further from the truth, even if he is having a good series two games in.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Agreed, I haven't watched all of the two games, but he's been one of the best d men on Pit so far. Don't think you guys can afford to lose him for more than a game or two.

He's doesn't panic with the puck and cough it up. Possession and clearing the zone is important in the playoffs because there is always less space.

Bigger loss than Malkin imo. Have No One even close to being able replace him.

Hunwick is awful. Atleast with Malkin you still have a 2C in Brassard to take his minutes.

Reactions: North Cole

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Please. Does he produce similar to other top line players? Sure. Is he a gritty player who is strong on his skates and powers through adversity? Some of you caps fans are so used to watching pre Trotz OV and Semin dance around on the ice that a player like Oshie seems like a tough and gritty playoff player. Couldn't be anything further from the truth, even if he is having a good series two games in.
I'm sorry that you're wrong. I hope you'll get past it soon.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Oshie is an amazing playoff player.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

He has 26 points in 33 playoff games with the caps who suck at playoff scoring and he's playing through something pretty bad, wouldn't be surprised if he has Simmonds/Couturier level injuries on top of a concussion

Reactions: PensandCaps

Kuz

May 11, 2015

26 points in 33 games as a Caps player. Thats above average for a 1st liner in the playoff. What he did in St. Louis in the playoffs does not interest me. Because he have certainly delievered in the Caps jersey.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
GP G A P +/-
63 18 17 35 -10
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
All that playoff success. Oshie is a good player, but some of you caps fans are so desperate for playoff success and to go deep that you don't even know what winning looks like ...smh
Maybe it's not a coincidence his playoff numbers shot up to just below a PPG after leaving your team.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
GP G A P +/-
63 18 17 35 -10
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
All that playoff success. Oshie is a good player, but some of you caps fans are so desperate for playoff success and to go deep that you don't even know what winning looks like ...smh

now how many of those were in washington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad