GDT: ECSF - Game 2 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 8pm EST, ESPN - Series (CAR 1-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I honestly don't know what will happen tonight.

Still hurting from last game. Massive gut punch

Hopefully our finishing is much better.

We had a really strong 30 or so minutes against Carolina in our last regular season game.
We had a really strong 40 or so minutes against Carolina in game 1.

Maybe we upgrade to 50 minutes tonight? Eventually get to 60

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Perpetual younger brother syndrome.

Whoops. Didn't see someone else beat me to it.

I don't know why a Devil fan would talk any shit.

They've had nearly a decades worth of top 10 picks and look no closer to being a threat than they did when they started on this journey. Their "franchise" player is made out of glass and is a stiff wind away from being out for 2 months (or longer) and look like they'll be nothing more than the pre McDavid Oilers.

That fan base is as pathetic as it gets and that team really should be relocated. Send them to Quebec where they'll get a larger crowd for pre season games than the Devils did the last time they went to the finals.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Why is the main forum thread filled with Devils and Islanders fans bashing the Rangers and gloating when they lose? I mean Carolina fans have been so docile. It’s amazing that fans who’s team misses the playoffs care so much about a rival. When the islanders were in it, I just didn’t care.
I cared lol but they take it to a pathological level

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kucherov has balled out after a pretty quiet first round.

Would be great if Panarin could start doing the same.
We would have won game 1 thats for sure.

We played very similar games until the 3rd. When it came to crunch time, Kucherov put the dagger in, twice. I don't care if you're aloof and turn the puck over if you're producing.

Carolina has a weak 2 periods, Brind'Amour makes necessary changes.

Our Top 6 has been struggling for 8 games.... still not changed.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I wouldn't even care that much if Panarin is playoff Nash. If you don't score, that's acceptable. Just have some semblance of zone time, produce a couple of quality chances, and don't be a damn liability out there.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't even care that much if Panarin is playoff Nash. If you don't score, that's acceptable. Just have some semblance of zone time, produce a couple of quality chances, and don't be a damn liability out there.
You can add Kreider to this. I thought his work in the defensive zone was horrible. How many times did the puck get sent up the boards to him on the half wall and the puck died with him and was eventually turned over. Do a better job or let's put Rooney on the LW of Zib/Vatrano at the end of game when the Rangers have a lead. Motte can be put on the Strome/Copp line. Kreider and Panarin can be cheerleaders with Reaves on the bench.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
We would have won game 1 thats for sure.

We played very similar games until the 3rd. When it came to crunch time, Kucherov put the dagger in, twice. I don't care if you're aloof and turn the puck over if you're producing.

Carolina has a weak 2 periods, Brind'Amour makes necessary changes.

Our Top 6 has been struggling for 8 games.... still not changed.
The top 6 got us the win against Pitt. That's less than 8 games ago.

Reactions: Irina and BreadKick

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We all love Panarin but Kuch is a different player than Panarin come playoff time.
He was playing very similar to Panarin... until a shift before he undressed Ekblad. He just turned it on and led his team to 2 wins on the road.

He's battle tested. We hope Panarin takes it to another level... At this point, I have doubts. Hopefully tonight

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
He was playing very similar to Panarin... until a shift before he undressed Ekblad. He just turned it on and led his team to 2 wins on the road.

He's battle tested. We hope Panarin takes it to another level... At this point, I have doubts. Hopefully tonight

You're hoping a dancer will brawl.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
We all love Panarin but Kuch is a different player than Panarin come playoff time.

Kucherov is basically the same player in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. Since his breakout since he has scored 1.33 pts/game in the regular season and 1.24 in the playoffs. And his goal scoring actually has dropped a ton from 0.5 goals/game in the regular season to 0.32 in the playoffs. He just has this reputation because he's the best player on a really good team.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Machine calls it 'low event hockey'

With our PP being the strength of the roster, I'll take defense first hockey any day of the week. Lots of forward support, no unnecessary gambles.

I agree about taking care of your own end and taking care of the small details first. However, I don't think we're polished enough where the good defensive end becomes second-nature. We have to focus on it, and that takes away from the offense. Still, we generated enough quality chances to have won. But we're not a strong finishing team. The PP is also going up against the league's best PK, so that particular strength might not be available this series.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Because he's about the 9th best defenseman in the organization. And no I hope not.
He played poorly in the first round vs the Penguins, right? He used to be one of the best PK players in the world and blocking lots of shots but perhaps his best days are over already. His lack of speed is a big issue in modern hockey though......

Last edited:
Reactions: DanishRanger

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kucherov is basically the same player in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. Since his breakout since he has scored 1.33 pts/game in the regular season and 1.24 in the playoffs. And his goal scoring actually has dropped a ton from 0.5 goals/game in the regular season to 0.32 in the playoffs. He just has this reputation because he's the best player on a really good team.
I just mean he looks like a different more physically engaged than Panarin which is much more noticeable in the playoffs. I'm not just going by the stats. He's also playing hurt people are saying. He never backs down from physical contact and always seems to come thru in the clutch. He adapts so well to whatever style of game his team is playing like in the playoffs when they lock down 2-1 or 2-0 games.

Reactions: duhmetreE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad