GDT: ECSF - Game 2 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 8pm EST, ESPN - Series (CAR 1-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

2BABA62F-9C1A-4F93-8EDF-7D692ECD5DF1.jpeg

C326A74E-3758-410E-B74D-76E422A262D4.jpeg

New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes

Hurricanes: 54-20-8 (116 points), defeated Boston Bruins 4-3 in first round​

Rangers: 52-24-6 (110 points), defeated Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3 in first round​

Season series: CAR 2-1-0; NYR 1-2-0​

Rangers Projected Line-up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Frank Vatrano

Alexis Lafreniere -- Filip Chytil -- Kaapo Kakko

Tyler Motte -- Kevin Rooney -- Ryan Reaves

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox

Igor Shesterkin

Alexandar Georgiev

Injured: Barclay Goodrow (lower body)

Hurricanes Projected Line up

Andrei Svechnikov -- Sebastian Aho -- Seth Jarvis

Max Domi -- Vincent Trocheck -- Teuvo Teravainen

Jaccob Slavin -- Tony DeAngelo

Antti Raanta

Pyotr Kochetkov

Injured: Frederik Andersen (lower body), Jordan Martinook (lower body)

EF496478-FFC5-426D-B655-AD9888C5C9B9.jpeg

AFB6DD85-3E7E-496F-B1D4-F9135B54BF99.jpeg

Let’s do that Hockey!

6A030B2D-6BA2-439F-B93A-1DB1E341252A.gif

94FFDE5E-023F-42EA-BE6F-3999CBF904DB.gif

Down 0-1..​

122A836F-6148-4497-B68A-D0BEE8C8B772.gif

New York Rangers, Away!

B3FD1C82-C184-48A7-903D-17D50112BF77.gif

Let’s go Rangers!

D65D84DD-301E-4FC9-90EB-BDCE66A2A0A8.png

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why is the main forum thread filled with Devils and Islanders fans bashing the Rangers and gloating when they lose? I mean Carolina fans have been so docile. It’s amazing that fans who’s team misses the playoffs care so much about a rival. When the islanders were in it, I just didn’t care.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Why is the main forum thread filled with Devils and Islanders fans bashing the Rangers and gloating when they lose? I mean Carolina fans have been so docile. It’s amazing that fans who’s team misses the playoffs care so much about a rival. When the islanders were in it, I just didn’t care.
I was glad the Islanders got bounced and didn’t win a Cup, but no way was I getting on a message board to gloat about it. That’s for the kids.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
The problem with playing the kid line more is matchups. They are atrocious defensively and playing against better lines will require more defensive zone time.

Reactions: romba

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The problem with playing the kid line more is matchups. They are atrocious defensively and playing against better lines will require more defensive zone time.
Correct. We need to play them in their spots still. We just need Panarin and Copp to really break out and have a good 60 minutes finally.

I’d say play PP2 a bit more to get the kids more looks in a safer spot, but PP2 is terrible at zone entries and they make dumb cross ice passes leading to fast breaks the other way way too often. Got better later in the season but still not great. PP1 may not always have it, but their turnovers/60 are solid. PP2 gets 30 seconds and has 2 turnovers leading to high danger chances against. Trying too hard and forcing things maybe, but not gonna earn the coaches trust that way.

Shesty looked great game 1. Neither goal was his fault clearly. One thing I’ve noticed though is he’s getting beat on breakaways way more these days. Have teams checked video on him and Figured out a more productive way to beat him on those? Not even talking about the one that went in. He bit a little on the deke but still made the save, rebounds happen on those plays. It’s the many others since the playoffs started. Many are off the iron and others have went in, and they’re usually straight up shots or semi-broken plays that find their way behind him (the backhand semi-breakaway goal in game 7). Even when the Rangers tighten up defensively, we tend to give up breakaways pressing in the O zone and high in the NZ, Shesty just always did a killer job wiping those out. Hopefully he can turn that part of his game around!

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Expecting at least the same, if not more, from the kids.

Would love for others in the top 6 to start imposing their will - this isn't top heavy Pittsburgh. Start pressing them.

Is it Teravainen that drops to the ice the second he feels any pressure? Can't help but think that's gunna get us at some point, he looked like bambi out there. Be careful of that (I think it was Teravainen - could be wrong)

Let's go boys.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Perpetual younger brother syndrome.

Whoops. Didn't see someone else beat me to it.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Not gonna lie, optimism is fleeting at the moment. Game 1 was hard to take because they deserved the win. Hard to see Carolina coming out flat again.

BUT…the Bruins were down 0-2 going back to Boston and still forced 7 games. The Canes were not great on the road. Even a worst case scenario after a loss tonight isn’t without some kind of hope.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad