Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 1 - It Don't Come Easy - BRUINS 3 Columbus 2 F OT - BRUINS lead series 1-0

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
CBJ fans losing their minds already. Going full Toronto.

I saw a bunch of tumbleweeds on their hfboards pages. A whole one thread on last night's game and it still hasn't even reached 30 pages. Less than 5 threads with any posting activity in the last 12 hours. Quite the difference from this place.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
I saw a bunch of tumbleweeds on their hfboards pages. A whole one thread on last night's game and it still hasn't even reached 30 pages. Less than 5 threads with any posting activity in the last 12 hours. Quite the difference from this place.
Seen a lot of CBJ fans on twitter going nuts. Like they forgot they were the 8 seed.

Reactions: Strafer

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm not saying its easy. What I'm saying is that teams are starting to figure out that if you hit #88 hard and often, you can take him out of his comfort zone and can reduce his effectiveness on the ice 5 on 5.

Its been pretty evident these entire playoffs, and teams are going to continue to do it to him until he, or the team, give them a reason not to.
I wish we had Miller in .

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
My lineup guess with no Krejci

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Johansson Coyle Pastrnak
DeBrusk Kuraly Wagner
Nordstrom Acciairi Backes

Keep mojo and Coyle together
Than Debrusk to line 3 to give them a scoring threat
Kuhlman could also swap for Wagner who still doesn’t look right

I like that!

Reactions: 13Hockey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
depending totally on whether or not DK can go in game 2, doubt Butch changes one thing in the lineup, think Heinen has been very soild with Bergy but he`s also a kid you can move up and down whose game doesn`t take a step back so that`s what I`d do but..

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It means nothing who they beat. Cooper put it best "6 days in April". Jackets are not better than TB or Boston.
agreed, but they are here and IMO, the B`s need to continue with the game approach they had last night, it`s clear that the B`s coaches noticed where or how the Jackets like to break out of their zone and on numerous occasions the Jackets made beautiful passes onto a Bruins players stick who was standing and waiting up high on the blue line.

Jackets approach is simple, they try and wear you down physically, if the B`s continue to move pucks quickly, that physical element is more difficult to apply, if they hesitate, it could burn you and hurt you physically at the same time.

Stats say the Jackets only had 8 giveaways last night, BS, I saw a half dozen in the first period alone, it`s a stat, much like hits that is erratic at best

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Difference is the jackets target three or four guys and physically go after them
McAvoy took some big hits and some you only see if your at the game
Another was Krejci who took the hit from Rielly Nash. Can’t believe I am even saying it
But Krejci didn’t look right before the hit
Lastly they would love to get at Krug
Krug was a prick behind the play hope he keeps it up

Reactions: Strafer and sarge88

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Johansson Coyle Pastrnak
DeBrusk Kuraly Wagner

I think they swap Backes and Wager, just because Backes has looked his best in past playoffs playing with Kuraly. I also think they swap Pastrnak and Heinen, but will switch quickly if they need to.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Johansson Coyle Pastrnak
DeBrusk Kuraly Wagner

Yeah, that looks good. May also prompt Cassidy to split up DeBrusk/Pasta if/when Krejci comes back. I don't think that combo has meshed at all.

Reactions: Strafer

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Jones and Werenski played about 30 minutes each last night, our highest TOI was McAvoy at 24 minutes. Looks like Torts doesn't trust his bottom 4 defenseman at all, one guy was under 10 minutes and another at 15 minutes.

Good. Keep hitting them and cycle. Make them work hard.

Reactions: Emerz

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I really don't think trying to "match CBJ's physicality" is the right thing to do... and I mean that strictly on bringing Backes into the lineup if DK is out. Give me Kuhlman all night long. Play your game... and let them play theirs. We were fine last night with the physical play.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
I really don't think trying to "match CBJ's physicality" is the right thing to do... and I mean that strictly on bringing Backes into the lineup if DK is out. Give me Kuhlman all night long. Play your game... and let them play theirs. We were fine last night with the physical play.
Yeah we should just play like we play and we will win more games over 7

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Agreed. The Bruins should not adjust to CBJ. Make them adjust, cuz I don't think they will. Torts seems like more of a "We do what we do" coach, to me.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Jones is amazing, one of the best D-men in the league for sure, but it was awesome seeing him being at fault the most for the tying goal. I know Don Cherry tried to blame him for the Acciari goal, but that's a massive stretch IMO.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
I like Jones a lot but he had an awful game. 29% CF, -6 SF, -7 SCF, -3 HDCF. On ice for 2 GA but also 2 GF so he was "fun."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad