Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 1 - It Don't Come Easy - BRUINS 3 Columbus 2 F OT - BRUINS lead series 1-0

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Marchand missed like 3 or 4 glorious chances

Boy Bruins were destined to lose last night

Thanks to Rask, Mojo, Coyle ....pull of the victory

But annoyed that Krejci is hurt and CBJ were especially being "extra" on Kuraly. Two guys team cant afford to lose
Hope Marchand hasn’t gone into one of his funks ,last night reminds me of the series against the Habs a few years ago ,where he just couldn’t put the puck in the net for nothing,missed empty nets fanned on for sure goals.Was looking frustrated last night also .

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hope Marchand hasn’t gone into one of his funks ,last night reminds me of the series against the Habs a few years ago ,where he just couldn’t put the puck in the net for nothing,missed empty nets fanned on for sure goals.Was looking frustrated last night also .

That open net... hitting crossbar opportunity was a downer last night :(

Reactions: sarge88

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Pastrnak is fine, health wise. Sure he’s carrying a knock or two, most players are this time of the season. But he’s got to learn to play through it.

Toronto and now Columbus, both made a point to lay the body on him whenever possible, and it’s really been effective against him 5 on 5.

Until he learns to play through that, he’s just gonna see more of it...

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I'm going to be realistic, here. If Krecji is out long term, we are in big trouble.

Agreed. What really sucks is that these playoffs are seeing upsets as Penguins, Caps and Lightning are already out - we COULD go all the way, but I don't see how IF we lose our 2nd line center? This is why the trend away from the "enforcer" role is bad. Krecji injured, Pasta being pounded at will, I can't help thinking that Looch, Thornton, McQuaid types wouldn't make a difference?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think he needs to be back with with his 1st line friends 63 & 37 to get his game back. Butch went to it a few times late in the game last night.

B’s are very hard to beat when Pasta is on.

I enjoyed this as well, Millbury seemed to be focusing in on him quite a bit this game and in the last round.

He has been a bit of a disappointment since coming here but he had a solid game last night. That backhand pass to Coyle for the tying goal was unreal & obviously the GW pass to Coyle as well.

Glad he could stick it to Fred Flintstone.

Pasta is a game changing talent on his own, now the lineup is missing that.

Whatever it takes to get him going do it.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Not sure if a lot of you young 'uns know about Nick Foligno's dad Mike Foligno who was pretty much universally despised here in Boston (great player though). Here's a clip of how much Boston fans hated him from back in the day:

Wasn't he the nutjob that did the backflip when he scored a goal?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I was actually pretty happy to see the Marchand v Atkinson exchange last night (unlike some others). He’s been very good all season long and stayed out of trouble, but I still think he needs to play “edgy” to be at his most effective.

The Atkinson stuff was not an elbow or a spear, it was harmless agitation. I’m hoping that the incident gives him that little extra fire he needs.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Wasn't he the nutjob that did the backflip when he scored a goal?

Not quite a backflip but he used to jump like a 10 year old scoring his first goal every time he buried one. Mike Foligno was the guy you HATED on other teams but LOVED if he was on yours

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pastrnak is fine, health wise. Sure he’s carrying a knock or two, most players are this time of the season. But he’s got to learn to play through it.

Toronto and now Columbus, both made a point to lay the body on him whenever possible, and it’s really been effective against him 5 on 5.

which only amplifies the importance of secondary scoring which the B`s got last night. If that Coyle line continues to show they are a threat, suddenly it forces the opponent to then focus more on them and that too, in theory should open some ice up for Pasta and others

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Maybe he got his a-holeness out of his system??? :dunno: :laugh:

He talks a lot about how he played actually. He talks about how he was quite the goal scorer in the Q and he said once he got to the NHL he knew that wasn't gonna translate so he played that way to stay in the league. He's very frank about it

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
As far as Pasta, aren't we making it sound like he's COMPLETELY disappeared? He's got 6 points in 8 games. That's not a total collapse?

not a collapse at all but the kid is lacking some confidence, we never see Pasta mistime or completely fan on as many one timer attempts as he has recently

Reactions: lopey and Strafer

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Easy for us to say. You can't always play the same when something is hurting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad