GDT: ECSF G5: (4)Boston Bruins v (6)New York Rangers - 5/25/13 530P ET - NBCSN, TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Lets do

LKH
Marchy - Bergeron - Seguin
Dogman - Kelly - Jags (shift Jagr out there with Bergeron and Krejci at times)
Merlot

Chara - Seidenberg
Bart - Boychuk
Krug - Quaider

That'll do pig :)

This looks great. Jagr has floated out there a bit, and if there's anything that infuriates me more than Seguin going 1 on 3, it's Jagr stickhandling WHILE BEING ABLE TO PASS THE WHOLE TIME for like 20 seconds and then getting knocked off the puck. I think Seguin now finally has the monkey off his back, he'll start to score. Loosen his grip a little. He got over the hump, now he just has to play.

Also, Jagr has to learn to take short shifts... He's been out there for like 2 minutes at a time, you can't do that at 41 years old...

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Doesn`t worry me, Fleury can`t stop a puck, and Vokun can`t contain a rebound, the Pens won`t roll into the Finals........it`ll be a team wearing Black and Gold, just not the one THEY think it will be, trust me;)

Hypocrittsburgh wears black and chicken-**** yellow - only the Bruins wear black and gold.....just saying

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Our 2nd child is due Wed. and I'd really rather my wife not have to go through that alone, so THIS ENDS NOW! :rant:

Bring your phone into the delivery room with you. That way you can be there for the baby's birth and get updates at the same time. Win win. :D

Seriously, congratulations!!! :)

Nicholas723

Nov 2, 2008
Heading for my first EVER Bruins playoff game tonight.

What should I expect as opposed to a normal game? Been to home openers before, those usually have a lot of energy.

Vic Rattlehead*

I am sick of the myth that Marchand got away with punching Sedin. Marchand was assessed a penalty.

And frankly if Marchand is getting under their skin than good for him doing his job.

Bruins need to put this game away.

Agreed. Love that Marchand is annoying the hell out of the Rangers.

Let's go Bruins! Finish the Rangers tonight and prepare for the Pens.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Honest question, why is Stan Fischler such a complete ass clown?

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Honest question, why is Stan Fischler such a complete ass clown?

You're way too young to remember. But, back in the early 70's the Bruins and Rangers hated each other on a level the Bruins and Habs do now. Fischler wrote a book with Brad Park called Play The Man. A lot of it was shots at the Bruins. Calling us goons and such. Espo's reply to the book was classic; "The Rangers are full of Park spelled backwars." Ironically, traded for each other a few years later.

Fischler wrote a weekly column for the Sporting News when people took that magazine seriously. Always took shots at the Bruins for being goons.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
You're way too young to remember. But, back in the early 70's the Bruins and Rangers hated each other on a level the Bruins and Habs do now. Fischler wrote a book with Brad Park called Play The Man. A lot of it was shots at the Bruins. Calling us goons and such. Espo's reply to the book was classic; "The Rangers are full of Park spelled backwars." Ironically, traded for each other a few years later.

Fischler wrote a weekly column for the Sporting News when people took that magazine seriously. Always took shots at the Bruins for being goons.

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

Still a super doosh. :laugh:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I don't think you can keep them together vs the Pens and their two monster lines. You almost surely have to split them I'd think.

That's definitely true, but until we officially face them, I want 33-44. Hopefully it'll just be for tonight.

But yeah, pairings are going to have to account for the two headed monster lines of Pit. :help:

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Hey, Fischler, get ready to eat some beans! :p: :baghead: :razz:

Going today, plan on seeing some handshakes.

Awesome Shakesperean tone to the GDT, Marshmont. And who doesn't love the Holy Grail? :stanley:

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Seguin needs to learn the rules of hockey, he does not even know what constitutes a "Too many men" penalty:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/05/the_4_crucial_m.html

3. Bruins called for too many men on the ice and Rangers score tying goal on ensuing power play: "I think it was my fault," winger Tyler Seguin said. "I saw Thorty [Shawn Thornton] coming. I hopped over, and I think he got hit. I haven't seen the replay. He stayed on for an extra second. I don't know exactly the ruling. Our centerman, whoever was out there, touched the puck, not me. I don't know if that's too many men, or if I touch the puck, it's too many men. Regardless, I think it was a close call. They made me pay for it."

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
he's the worst

my favorite thing of his was when he did a "Top 100 Players of All Time" list and ranked Orr 13th

He also lampooned the Bruins for traded Hodge to NYR for an under-achieving young winger. Said it would help Espo's production re-uniting him with a linemate. A rather "Nifty" trade by Harry Sinden. I remember the column because TSN did a 4pt special on the 1sg 100 years of baseball. I kept the magazines a long time before losing them somewhere. I remember re-reading his notes column from the back of the magazine once the 75/76 season ended.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
He also lampooned the Bruins for traded Hodge to NYR for an under-achieving young winger. Said it would help Espo's production re-uniting him with a linemate. A rather "Nifty" trade by Harry Sinden. I remember the column because TSN did a 4pt special on the 1sg 100 years of baseball. I kept the magazines a long time before losing them somewhere. I remember re-reading his notes column from the back of the magazine once the 75/76 season ended.

Just now I was scrolling through my Twitter timeline and he's going on about how Denis Potvin was better than Orr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad