GDT: ECSF G3: (4)Boston Bruins v (6)NY Rangers - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Remember two July 1st ago when all those NHL teams lined up outside the Newport Agency in Toronto with presentations to sell Brad Richards on.. and Richards chose to play for his old coach in New York?

I wonder if he envisioned playing only 2 shifts while a member of the 4th line in the ECSF.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Still love the tail curling of Dorsett after he tried to get Marchand to drop the gloves, only to have Thornton come out and say lets go and you see how much of a chicken s**t he is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS TEAM!

That was hilarious.

"Oh, you want to fight? How about fighting THIS guy?" :laugh:

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
After what happened with the Boston marathon and everything, this team sacked up and is playing with a ton of heart and has that 2011 season feel to it.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Great game.

Don't get the ref *****ing or claiming the refs were on rangers side... I felt like the refs just let them play, and that is why it was a fun game to watch.

I think we all appreciate letting them play, but come on, waving the sticks around people faces like they are switchblades is not letting them play

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Man, the kids really kicked some ass tonight. They were everywhere and making great decisions.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Great effort. B's dominated for much of the game. Took high-sticks (Chara, Seguin, probably others), head butts (Bergy) and bad officiating and just kept at it.

Merlot Merlot Merlot!!!:handclap:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm upset that Krug's scoring streak came to an end. :(

He looked really really good again though. I thought Bart wasn't his best tonight. I love the confidence he plays with but there were a few pinches he had that put the B's in vulnerable positions. And a few bad giveaways aside, Hamilton played well.

Bergeron and Krech looked a bit off to me tonight. Not terrible, but not at their best. Rask also looked kind of shaky, but he got the job done.

And as much as I hate Jagr, I thought he looked really good from the start of the second period on.

4th line was incredible.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
That was awesome.

- The Merlot played their game and got rewarded. What an effort.

- The officials were god ****ing awful. I said to my wife "the Rangers will have to commit murder to take a penalty tonight" and apparently, I was correct.

- Jagr played his best game as a Bruin.

- Tuukka was steady and sure.

- Thought Krech had a bit of a rough night but with his current standard of play that means he was just good.

- The ice looked atrocious.

- Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley have to, at the LEAST, not get hemmed in their zone.

- The kid were great again. I thought Torey Krug was our best player through two periods. I honestly don't know what Claude should do with this defense when guys get healthy. There is no way in hell I think Redden drwas in but Seidenberg does for sure. Who do you take out?

Finish them, get some rest.
Rask made a huge save late in the third, forget who took the shot. Totally downplayed on TSN (not highlight worthy) but better than any save by Hank.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
And here Rask is again.. in the 2nd round with a 3-0 series lead. Time to exorcise them demons!

We shouldn't get paranoid if the Rangers happen to win the 4th on Home-ice, but at the very least the Bruins should finish this by the 5th. A sweep would be just fine though.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
What a win, the score flatters the Rangers. What a pathetic effort (except Lundqvist) from a team on home ice in a must win game.

Can't believe the B's are up 3-0 with 3 rookie d-men in the lineup.

Dorsett is such a *****. You want to rally your team? There's Thornton...he's waiting for you. Oh, you're only tough against the smaller players? That's too bad, your team stayed flat and you look like a massive tool. :nod:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
2 buck chuck merlot for all!

Two_buck_chuck_display1.jpg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I must be hallucinating, because I could swear I just heard Dan Shuaghnessy ask a question in the Julien presser. And they are leading the series. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad