GDT: ECSF G3: (4)Boston Bruins v (6)NY Rangers - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
That was awesome.

- The Merlot played their game and got rewarded. What an effort.

- The officials were god ****ing awful. I said to my wife "the Rangers will have to commit murder to take a penalty tonight" and apparently, I was correct.

- Jagr played his best game as a Bruin.

- Tuukka was steady and sure.

- Thought Krech had a bit of a rough night but with his current standard of play that means he was just good.

- The ice looked atrocious.

- Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley have to, at the LEAST, not get hemmed in their zone.

- The kid were great again. I thought Torey Krug was our best player through two periods. I honestly don't know what Claude should do with this defense when guys get healthy. There is no way in hell I think Redden drwas in but Seidenberg does for sure. Who do you take out?

Finish them, get some rest.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Still love the tail curling of Dorsett after he tried to get Marchand to drop the gloves, only to have Thornton come out and say lets go and you see how much of a chicken s**t he is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS TEAM!

And McGuire pointing it out on TV. Hahahaha.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Pie-yay with the jacket on NHLN!!!

:handclap:

ETA: And untied hockey shorts. :laugh:

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I could deal with the lack of PPs if they were ticky tack misses but I'm still shocked they missed a high stick on 5'9" Chara.

Refs blew badly in this game.

NHL shouldn't let either ref another playoff game.

It was so bad, he lost a foot!:)

Its Alright Ma

Jul 19, 2010
I'm going to say it. Feels like the cup team.

I don't want to jinx it but there is a bit of a feeling in the air isn't there?

Only thing is we've gotta go through 2 teams that are arguably better than Van City in 2011 in Pittsburgh and one of LA/Chicago. If we do win it'll have been a harder road IMO

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I could deal with the lack of PPs if they were ticky tack misses but I'm still shocked they missed a high stick on 5'9" Chara.

Refs blew badly in this game.

NHL shouldn't let either ref another playoff game.

I heard a few of those refs work in the NBA as backups :amazed:

OneStepCloser

Feb 17, 2009
Boston
Felt like we weren't getting any breaks tonight but still outplayed the rangers all game. Great third period, perfect finish. While part of me wants to see them finish this in person on Saturday I'd love to see it end Thursday! And I don't care that it's only 3 games, welcome to the Big Club Krug!!!!

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Great game.

Don't get the ref *****ing or claiming the refs were on rangers side... I felt like the refs just let them play, and that is why it was a fun game to watch.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
That was awesome.

- The Merlot played their game and got rewarded. What an effort.

- The officials were god ****ing awful. I said to my wife "the Rangers will have to commit murder to take a penalty tonight" and apparently, I was correct.

- Jagr played his best game as a Bruin.

- Tuukka was steady and sure.

- Thought Krech had a bit of a rough night but with his current standard of play that means he was just good.

- The ice looked atrocious.

- Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley have to, at the LEAST, not get hemmed in their zone.

- The kid were great again. I thought Torey Krug was our best player through two periods. I honestly don't know what Claude should do with this defense when guys get healthy. There is no way in hell I think Redden drwas in but Seidenberg does for sure. Who do you take out?

Finish them, get some rest.
If TOI is any indicator, Hamilton will sit for Seidenberg.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Who do you take out?

Dougie. Not a knock on him, but I thought both Bart and Krug looked better than him. Been playing pro hockey for a couple of years now as opposed to Hamilton and IMO it shows.
By the time Ference, Seids and Redden are healthy we'll probably have 3 new injuries anyway. :laugh:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Great game.

Don't get the ref *****ing or claiming the refs were on rangers side... I felt like the refs just let them play, and that is why it was a fun game to watch.

We aren't talking about ticky tack slashes here, you might not see that many missed high sticks in three months.

They weren't calling blatant, obvious, blood-producing penalties.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I'm upset that Krug's scoring streak came to an end. :(

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Great game.

I have no issue what so ever with the officials "letting them play". I thought it was a well officiated game....if you ignore the two CLEAR high sticking penalties that went uncalled.

You can "let them play" but when someone whacks a guy across the face and draws blood it has to be called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad