GDT: ECSF G2: (4)Boston Bruins v (6)New York Rangers - 5/19/13 3P ET - NBC, TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
game_info_title.jpg

Who:

Boston_Bruins_New_York_Rangers.jpg

Nashua%20Street_View%20from%20Causeway.jpg

TD Garden
Boston, MA

Time:
3pm Eastern

TV/Radio:

NBC, TSN, RDS, 98.5 FM The Sports Hub

recap_title.jpg

DLr1g7_bergeron_chara.jpg

• The Bruins and their new look blueline got ready to face the Rangers for the first time since February 12.

• Down 3 veteran defensemen, the B’s blueline took on an unfamiliar look.Rookies Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski and Torey Krug took the proverbial bull by its horn and showed everyone watching that they are not only ready for the NHL but are calm under intense pressure.

• Like Bartkowski the game before, Krug scored his first NHL goal in only his second game with the big club this year. His goal tied the game (on the powerplay no less!) and ultimately forced overtime.

• Krug finished with 1-0-1, 0PIM, even, 3 shots and 16:41 TOI.Dougie Hamilton had the primary assist on Krug’s game tying, PP goal and finished 0-1-1, 0PIM, +2, 5 shots and 20:45 TOI.

• Bartkowski was left off the score sheet but his 26:42 TOI was only 13 seconds behind partner Johnny Boychuk.

• Bartkowski has arrived.

• In overtime, Perfect Patrice Bergeron and Rad Brad Marchand teamed up to score a brilliant goal against King Henrik to put the Bruins up 1-0 in the series.

• Captain Zdeno Chara scored the Bruins 1st goal and was the secondary assist on the overtime winner.

• Z finished the night with a line of 1-1-2, 2PIM, +2, 5 shots and a whopping 38:02 TOI! He was also the recipient of the Bruins Army Rangers jacket.

• Tuukka Rask continued to show that he is rock steady between the pipes. He stopped 33 out of 35 shots and made some saves that left the crowd gasping in awe.

• The Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh scored the team’s 1st goal and forward Derek Stepan scored the team’s second goal 14 seconds into the 3rd period.

• Rick Nash and Derick Brassard assisted on McDonagh’s goal. Carl Hagelin and Captain, Ryan Callahan assisted on Stepan’s goal.

• Henrik Lundqvist made some incredible saves, notably on the Bruins powerplay at the end of regulation. Lundqvist stopped 45 of 48 shots and there is no doubt that he will be even tougher to beat in game 2.

Thanks Dafoomie for the awesome video recap!

game2_title.jpg

• The Bruins look to retain home ice advantage and head on the road up 2-0.

• Veteran defenseman and former Ranger, Wade Redden may return to the lineup in game 2.

• If he does, he will no doubt have a chip on his shoulder as NY buried him in the AHL for 2 years before St. Louis rescued him and then traded him to Boston at the April 3rd trade deadline.

• Coach Julien also hinted that we may also see Dennis Seidenberg and/or Andrew Ference return to the lineup for game 2.

• Ranger’s injured defenseman Marc Staal skated on Friday but did not practice and will likely remain out of the lineup for game 2.

• He was hit in the right eye by a puck back in March and has only played in one game since then.

the_goalies_title.jpg

Tuukka Rask:
5-3-0, 2.36 GAA, .926 SV%

tuukka_rask_wallpaper_by_xxbmw85xx-d3d8jl7.jpg

Henrik Lundqvist:
4-4-3, 1.76 GAA, .945 SV%, 2SO

1_henrikwallpapernew.jpg

team_leaders_title.jpg

Krejci (5) - Goals - Stepan (3)
Krejci (9) - Assists - Brassard (8)
Krejci (14) - Points - Brassard (10)
Horton (+12) : +/- : Hagelin (+5)
Chara (12) - PIM - Dorsett (8)
Boychuk (32) - Blks - Girardi (29)
Lucic (40) - Hits - Callahan (38)
Chara (30:02) - TOI - Girardi (26:50)

16.7% - PP% - 6.4%
79.2% - PK% - 80.0%
59.4% - FO% - 48.6%

the_line_title.jpg~original

Rangers_lineup.jpg

bruins_lineup.jpg

final_words_title.jpg

So Awesome:

83ae7618bea111e2a23222000aaa0537_7.jpg

Good Luck Spoon!

BruinsSpoon_zps4752fc0f.jpg

:bruins
BostonStrongRibbon_zps2772f477.jpg

:bruins

Click above photo and be redirected to

onefundboston.org

for more information on how you can help.

[FONT=&quot]Disclaimer 1: If there are any problems with the presence of "Boston Strong" in this GDT or you're worried that the presence of "Boston Strong" in this GDT somehow cosmically has a detrimental impact on the Boston Bruins hockey team, you are cordially invited to file a complaint [/FONT][FONT=&quot]with the agency. On receipt of your complaint, you will be directed to speak with the Keno Brothers from Antiques Roadshow, and they will spend 45 minutes convincing you that the Bruins spoon is easily worth a year's salary. You'll totally buy it, if for anything just to make them go away, but also because you know it equals win. Marshmont: this was perfect so I borrowed it Hope it is ok! :)

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]NOTE : Regarding LARGE SIZE IMAGES / YELLOW RE-SIZE IMAGE BARS ABOVE PICS:
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This will get rid of those pesky yellow resize bars over the top of some larger pictures:

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Go into/click on your "USER CP" {control Panel} up top left in the red bars
- on the left under 'Settings & Options' click on "Edit Options"
- scroll down to 'Thread Display Options', and then 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- click on the 'Drop Down List Box' over on the Right of 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- select it to "KEEP ORIGINAL SIZE"
- SAVE your selections !
There ... now doesn't that look MUCH BETTER

Thank you to LA Kings GDT extraordinaire, Puck U, for allowing me to borrow this note for the GDT.!

[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
great thread, hope the game matches this.....love to see Boston get up 2-0 and put the pressure on the Rags

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Great GDT, but Dafoomie's vid did not work for me.

Lets go up 2-0 on the Rags.

Henrik is the only one that can win it for NYR.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I know many of us think we're smarter than the coaches. But, I'm stunned anyone who saw the Bruins play the last 6 weeks;

A. Wouldn't try to forecheck the hell out of them.

B. Attack the power-play. Don't let them set-up.

Factor in three rookie defensemen. And, that's one of the worse game-plans I've ever seen by Torts. If the Rangers just try to sit back and block shots. The Bruins will win tomorrow.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
What happens if the B's young d continues to produce? We get healthy and the rookies sit out? I would hate to see the old guys blow games...lol.

Go Bruins!!!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Great GDT, but Dafoomie's vid did not work for me.

Lets go up 2-0 on the Rags.

Henrik is the only one that can win it for NYR.
I just fixed it :)

If anyone knows how to get it so the pictures load without the yellow bars, please let me know. Thanks!

Watching this one from the couch tomorrow instead of at the Garden.

Go Bruins!

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I just fixed it :)

If anyone knows how to get it so the pictures load without the yellow bars, please let me know. Thanks!

Watching this one from the couch tomorrow instead of at the Garden.

Go Bruins!

I don't remember exactly and can't check on the mobile site, but if you go into your user CP, edit OPTIONS, check something about resizing images, its there. The site automatically resizes the images unless you change that. Once you do, then it'll load as you intended. If that doesn't help, go check out Puck U's GDt in the LAK forum....its where I found out.

Otherwise, this = win. The whole narrative part looks really cool on the mobile too.

Borrow anytime. :)

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I'll be at the game tomorrow with my brother! Oh and my other brother and father who are rags fans. I want a good win so I can rub it in their faces :P

Afam*

Great thread Ali. On another note if Seid and Redden are available to play in game 2 , I will like Claude to bench Ferernce and Boychuk and insert Dougie, Krug and Bart. Our defensive pairing should look this.

Chara- Hamilton( chara covers Hamilton mistakes.
Seid- Bart ( Seid helps to limit Bartoskwi mistakes
Redden- Krug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Afam*

I didn't get the chance to watch game, but I was listening to the game using the Bruins App. I'm very proud on how well our young rookies played.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I know many of us think we're smarter than the coaches. But, I'm stunned anyone who saw the Bruins play the last 6 weeks;

A. Wouldn't try to forecheck the hell out of them.

B. Attack the power-play. Don't let them set-up.

Factor in three rookie defensemen. And, that's one of the worse game-plans I've ever seen by Torts. If the Rangers just try to sit back and block shots. The Bruins will win tomorrow.

I think there are two problems for the Rangers-

#1 they don't have the speed for a strong forecheck-but I am positive any other team we might face will be sending in a two man forecheck.

#2 torts has a harder head than Julien-his game plan is collapse and block shots while looking for timely goals.

I will be curious to see if the Rangers change their forecheck strategy-my guess is it doesn't change much.

Speed is the Bruins' biggest weakness and the Rangers actually look slower than the bruins-my guess is the Rangers will ride Lundqvist as far as he can carry them.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
celebrating the little guys 6th tomorrow so i better get this in while i have a sec.

Go :bee:'s! Beat them Lundqvists!

To all in attendance - go freakin nuts at the beginning of each PP to set the tone and let them know the bar has been set at that game 1 OT PP and we'll expect nothing less.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I'm scared

you should be. The Rangers will now start taking this **** seriously. This game will be like night and day compared to game 1. No more taking half the game to feel each other out cr*p. We lose and all game 1 heroics go out the window.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
celebrating the little guys 6th tomorrow so i better get this in while i have a sec.

Go :bee:'s! Beat them Lundqvists!

To all in attendance - go freakin nuts at the beginning of each PP to set the tone and let them know the bar has been set at that game 1 OT PP and we'll expect nothing less.

Have fun :) I hope the B's PP will work. It did look better. :handclap:

House Targaryen

May 9, 2013
Boston / San Jose
you should be. The Rangers will now start taking this **** seriously. This game will be like night and day compared to game 1. No more taking half the game to feel each other out cr*p. We lose and all game 1 heroics go out the window.

Not to mention we play like crap during afternoon games usually :laugh:

Please no third jersey tomorrow

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm nervous. Haaaaa-yuge game tomorrow.

Maybe I should start drinking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events