GDT: ECSF G1: (4)Boston Bruins v (6)New York Rangers II

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
They both at best would be equal to Seidenberg. You really think Seidenberg is a 3-4 defenseman? I disagree completely with that; Boychuk would fit what you're talking about more.

Yup has anyone seen Seides defend a 2-1 becuase thats not a system thing thats skill, he has skill.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Two minutes for boarding.

They created penalties for a reason. No need to suspend every textbook 2 minute penalty
It was a deliberate elbow to the back of a players head that drove him into the boards face first. Sorry, Pyatt deserved a 5 minute major and at least a league review.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
It was a deliberate elbow to the back of a players head that drove him into the boards face first. Sorry, Pyatt deserved a 5 minute major and at least a league review.

Ehhhh ... He didn't come in that hard and JB put himself in that position. I didn't see the malice there. Deserved the boarding penalty, 5 maybe but I think that's even a stretch.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Ehhhh ... He didn't come in that hard and JB put himself in that position. I didn't see the malice there. Deserved the boarding penalty, 5 maybe but I think that's even a stretch.

You could say the same for other hits during the playoffs as well

Eller put himself in that positions as did Grabovski and Stoll

Bojakees*

Yup has anyone seen Seides defend a 2-1 becuase thats not a system thing thats skill, he has skill.

Was he has good in PHILLY or Phoenix or CAROLINA as he has been as a BRUIN ?

I know I don't remember him being as good as he has been as a Bruin...

The SYSTEM gives him a role and with that role he is solid. It helps his D much like it hurts offensive guys like RYDER who scored less as a Bruin then he did wherever else he has played....

Bojakees*

They both at best would be equal to Seidenberg. You really think Seidenberg is a 3-4 defenseman? I disagree completely with that; Boychuk would fit what you're talking about more.

Lets agree to disagree......I would take both GIRARDI and McDonough over Seidenberg and I am a BRUIN fan forty years. Boychuck is a 4-5 guy IMO...And again, he would be way more exposed if he did not play in the BRUINS D first system where the forwards first responsibility is defense to offense.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Lets agree to disagree......I would take both GIRARDI and McDonough over Seidenberg and I am a BRUIN fan forty years. Boychuck is a 4-5 guy IMO...And again, he would be way more exposed if he did not play in the BRUINS D first system where the forwards first responsibility is defense to offense.

Agreed

Z

Staal
Girardi
McD
Seids

I think he's in that same category, but I'd rank those guys a little ahead of DS, age certainly in their favour.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

"Things That Infuriate EverettMike for 1600, Alex."

Johnny didn't "put himself in that position." That refers to players that are engaged physically or are about to be hit, that spin into the boards. These players actively put themselves into this position at a point where it is essentially impossible for the opposition to stop the hit.

Marchand did this in OT.

Boychuk was already in that position fighting for the puck. He then stayed int hat position to shield the puck, a totally normal and acceptable hockey play.

Pyatt had plenty of time and could cleary see the numbers on JB's jersey, and he still hit him. A textbook and clear as day boarding penalty.

Whether it was worth 2 or 5+ is where the debate probably comes down to a subjective determination of whether or not their was malicious intent to injure or not.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
"Things That Infuriate EverettMike for 1600, Alex."

Johnny didn't "put himself in that position." That refers to players that are engaged physically or are about to be hit, that spin into the boards. These players actively put themselves into this position at a point where it is essentially impossible for the opposition to stop the hit.

Marchand did this in OT.

Boychuk was already in that position fighting for the puck. He then stayed int hat position to shield the puck, a totally normal and acceptable hockey play.

Pyatt had plenty of time and could cleary see the numbers on JB's jersey, and he still hit him. A textbook and clear as day boarding penalty.

Whether it was worth 2 or 5+ is where the debate probably comes down to a subjective determination of whether or not their was malicious intent to injure or not.

Semantics, JB purposely had his face to the boards, no he didn't do it abruptly and Pyatt had opportunity to see it, he just finished it a little too enthusiastically. Refs weren't even going to call a penalty until JB was hurt. And 10 times out of 10 if JB stays up there it's no penalty.

Bojakees*

Agreed

Z

Staal
Girardi
McD
Seids

I think he's in that same category, but I'd rank those guys a little ahead of DS, age certainly in their favour.

And you would be right....Love Seids and he is a warrior. But McDonough and Girardi also don't have a Z to play with.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Semantics, JB purposely had his face to the boards, no he didn't do it abruptly and Pyatt had opportunity to see it, he just finished it a little too enthusiastically. Refs weren't even going to call a penalty until JB was hurt. And 10 times out of 10 if JB stays up there it's no penalty.

OK NOW we can not face the boards while protecting the puck have you ever played hockey, thats not even possible in HS let alone NHL level, JB got elbowed in the freaking head jesus get a clue.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
And you would be right....Love Seids and he is a warrior. But McDonough and Girardi also don't have a Z to play with.

First sieds plays with Z for PK and maybe the last 5 percent of the season through the PO's.

Also it is really hard to rank other teams Dmen, we see every single mistake our guys make but we get the highlights of the good plays other teams Dmen make.

Seids is a damn good Dman, Defending a 2-1 or 3-2 is not a system thing, and how many times does the offence ever get a goal on him, his posistioning is outstanding.

Yeah the system will help some but in Philly were on defense your playing 2vs 5, or Carolina whom do not have the two-way play in there forwards it will sure hurt.

Just like if you have no offence it hurts your plus minus, you can let in ten all season if you only score 8 gues what your a minus 2, but if you score twenty all the sudden your a plus 10.

We hear so many good things about the Rangers top 4 but thats what they are, I am a hug MacD fan but, lets face if there is never a highlight package to see all his mistakes, all of them are #2 on there best shift, witch is what Seides is.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Of course I missed a great game.:shakehead Why couldn't it have been a lopsided laugher? :laugh: I listened to the 1st 2 periods on Bruins app as the Motel 6 wifi was crap. However after 15 hours of driving i couldn't make it. :cry: i was actually so groggy I thought the rags were up 1-0 when I gave up and turned it off. The PP looked really good from the Dafoomie youtube...was it?

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Of course I missed a great game.:shakehead Why couldn't it have been a lopsided laugher? I listened to the 1st 2 periods on Bruins app as the Motel 6 wifi was crap. However after 15 hours of driving i couldn't make it. :cry: i was actually so groggy I thought the rags were up 1-0 when I gave up and turned it off. The PP looked really good from the Dafoomie youtube...was it?

Lots of zone time, Great puck moveing on the Krug/Hamilton unit, still a little slow from Chara but Seguin made up for that.

Bojakees*

First sieds plays with Z for PK and maybe the last 5 percent of the season through the PO's.

Also it is really hard to rank other teams Dmen, we see every single mistake our guys make but we get the highlights of the good plays other teams Dmen make.

Seids is a damn good Dman, Defending a 2-1 or 3-2 is not a system thing, and how many times does the offence ever get a goal on him, his posistioning is outstanding.

Yeah the system will help some but in Philly were on defense your playing 2vs 5, or Carolina whom do not have the two-way play in there forwards it will sure hurt.

Just like if you have no offence it hurts your plus minus, you can let in ten all season if you only score 8 gues what your a minus 2, but if you score twenty all the sudden your a plus 10.

We hear so many good things about the Rangers top 4 but thats what they are, I am a hug MacD fan but, lets face if there is never a highlight package to see all his mistakes, all of them are #2 on there best shift, witch is what Seides is.

You can make all the points you want. There is NO WAY Seidenberg is a number 2 dman. Not to mention he has no offensive game at all. A 3-4 and that's my opinion.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
OK NOW we can not face the boards while protecting the puck have you ever played hockey, thats not even possible in HS let alone NHL level, JB got elbowed in the freaking head jesus get a clue.

:laugh: wow settle down fella. No where did I say you can't face the boards, what you can't do is face the boards to maintain possession and not expect any contact.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
:laugh: wow settle down fella. No where did I say you can't face the boards, what you can't do is face the boards to maintain possession and not expect any contact.

I think the sentiment (guy you quoted aside) is not that you shouldn't expect "any" contact, but that you should not expect "violent contact directly to the back of your head". That should have been 5 at least IMO, maybe 5+GM.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I tend to wait 2 or 3 games into a series before I can get a real feel for how it'll go. The ball in NYR's court to make adjustments. I don't think they expected such a mobile D corps from the Bruins. Do they pressure the D a little more? Are the not as passive on the PK? If the Rags find success doing that, then it's Julien's turn to make adjustments. I would like to see how the rooks, especially Bart and Krug, do as the series gets deeper. It's like a rookie pitcher or goalie. They may have the upper hand until opponents catch onto their tendencies. Then, like I said earlier, it's all about how you adjust.

In am positive Torts will make adjustments and now that he has seen the rookies he will probably try to target them in ways to hopefully get them to make costly errors.

I think in the end this series will be slower paced and the eventual winner will be the team that capitalizes most on their opportunities, makes fewer mistakes and in the end has the most puck luck.

I am mostly still in shock that there is a team whose pp is as bad if not worse than the Bruins.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I think the sentiment (guy you quoted aside) is not that you shouldn't expect "any" contact, but that you should not expect "violent contact directly to the back of your head". That should have been 5 at least IMO, maybe 5+GM.

Doesn't leave his feet, elbows are down, glides in, he gets head with his ribs not shoulder or elbow and JB gets face to glass. It's unfortunate but AT MOST it should have been a 5, like I said JB doesn't get rung and it's not even close to being considered a penalty. In fact it wasn't even going to be called one until it was clear he got hurt which is why the Rags were flipping out.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

Didn't see all that in that particular play. Actually, it wasn't that bad of a hit. I also think JB played a little possum there...which I applaud. It's the "nice looking cousin of diving"...he drew a penalty from a hit that "looked" wicked severe, but in actuality, wasn't that bad at all.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Didn't see all that in that particular play. Actually, it wasn't that bad of a hit. I also think JB played a little possum there...which I applaud. It's the "nice looking cousin of diving"...he drew a penalty from a hit that "looked" wicked severe, but in actuality, wasn't that bad at all.

JB most certainly did not dive. He was down and tot moving. The trainer doesn't go out there for a dive. I sit on the opposite corner and it was nasty.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00