GDT: ECSF G1: (4)Boston Bruins v (6)New York Rangers II

Bojakees*

i think sarge88 is right with how he assesses the Rangers' defense. I wouldn't take any of them before Chara and Seidenberg. They have a group of solid top 4 defensemen, with no elite #1. No need to game-plan around them, except to expect blocked shots.

Agreeing with Sarge is fine...That does not make you or him correct in the assessment. If you are taking Seidenberg instead of McDonough or Girardi....Then I think that pretty much sums up that you are a great FAN of your team but don't exactly want to give much credit when its due. Seids is a solid player who becomes way better when paired with Chara. On his own he is a 3-4 deman. The BRUIN system has also helped him look better....If not he might still be in Carolina or Philly.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

You might be right. I would have to see more of him to say that for sure...the PK and face-offs factors in to that, and Pevs does both of those things very well. I think he is a good player in his own zone. Once again, I haven't see enough of Dogman to say one way or another.

Clode trusted him enough to put him on the PK I wouldn't mind seeing him on the 3rd line again. Better on defense than Pevs. Has some moves offensively as well.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I couldn't watch ANY of this game really. Was at school all day and when I streamed it at school I only could for like 5 minutes cuz other people needed the computers for finals and other projects.

Gonna watch Dafoomie and NHL Tonight

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
NHL network just said Rex texted marchy that he had to stay with it and it will come. Awesome I love Rex.

Also Bart a -2 but I thought he looked good. As did krug and dougie for that matter. I have more confidence in the kids for at least the time being

Also I don't think we see dogman but the Boyle vs Kelly will need to be addressed that third line is small. Could see some mixing between the third and Merlot as the series goes on. I also thought we saw a lot of Merlot vs Boyles line last night from where I was sitting

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
NHL network just said Rex texted marchy that he had to stay with it and it will come. Awesome I love Rex.

Also Bart a -2 but I thought he looked good. As did krug and dougie for that matter

I have more confidence in the kids for at least the time being

Bart was -2 only because they were lucky goals, nothing to do with him. One was a seeing eye goal and the other a soft one.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I really wish the league looked into Pyatt's blatant hit from behind on JB. Scary stuff and Pyatt isn't really a dirty player.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
The only change I would consider is Soderberg for Jagr. Let Jagr rest and see what Soderberg can do with March & Bergy. But even if Jagr is having problems like he did last night, he keeps the NY D honest since they respect his size & puck handling abilities. I even seen them commit 2 players to him last night :amazed::amazed: But yeah, the game went as well as you could expect, wouldn't tinker too much right after that.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I really wish the league looked into Pyatt's blatant hit from behind on JB. Scary stuff and Pyatt isn't really a dirty player.

Yeah I saw that on the Dafoomie highlights and went to the POs forum to see if there was any topic about it but saw none. These POs have had a lot of hits like that it seems and weird ones are getting punished.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Krug was awesome as were the other young dmen.

I couldn't believe there was a powerplay worse than the Bruins, but god, is the NY powerplay ever terrible.

In ending, dear Jagr, pass the puck this isn't the early 90s and Lemieux is not your center.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
If you guys could make sure my tombstone mentions that cause of death was overtime playoff hockey, I'd appreciate it.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I LOVE having to FF through 40 minutes of NHL Tonight to see just the OT game winner as a highlight

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
If you guys could make sure my tombstone mentions that cause of death was overtime playoff hockey, I'd appreciate it.

:laugh:

You better be prepared for more OT-with the Rangers I figure at least 3 games will go to OT.

I told my husband that the Bruins seem determined to give me a heart attack. Seids was right for whatever reason the Bruins just don't seem to want to do things the easy way.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
After that emotional game 7 against the Leafs, this team is gonna steamroll through NYR, PIT and CHI/LA to another cup.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I tend to wait 2 or 3 games into a series before I can get a real feel for how it'll go. The ball in NYR's court to make adjustments. I don't think they expected such a mobile D corps from the Bruins. Do they pressure the D a little more? Are the not as passive on the PK? If the Rags find success doing that, then it's Julien's turn to make adjustments. I would like to see how the rooks, especially Bart and Krug, do as the series gets deeper. It's like a rookie pitcher or goalie. They may have the upper hand until opponents catch onto their tendencies. Then, like I said earlier, it's all about how you adjust.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

This OT actually wasn't ... exciting.
Don't get this wrong, we played great but for me it was just a matter of time when WE score. I was never afraid they would score. I didn't hold my breath once when they were in our zone.
But then of course, this was only like 2 or 3 times the case.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Also Bart a -2 but I thought he looked good. As did krug and dougie for that matter. I have more confidence in the kids for at least the time being

Also I don't think we see dogman but the Boyle vs Kelly will need to be addressed that third line is small. Could see some mixing between the third and Merlot as the series goes on. I also thought we saw a lot of Merlot vs Boyles line last night from where I was sitting

Yeah, you don't have to worry about n00b players against us; we should exploit them, but the Rangers are always the ones that are exploited. :laugh:

JuicyJ*

Two minutes for boarding.

They created penalties for a reason. No need to suspend every textbook 2 minute penalty

AlTheBruinsFan

Apr 15, 2009
Kingston, Ontario
This OT actually wasn't ... exciting.
Don't get this wrong, we played great but for me it was just a matter of time when WE score. I was never afraid they would score. I didn't hold my breath once when they were in our zone.
But then of course, this was only like 2 or 3 times the case.

I thought the OT was exciting simply because we were actually dominating a team for once.
But I too was not afraid of anything the Rangers threw at us in OT.

The only thing that scared me was the 3rd line getting hemmed into our d zone for long stretches of the game.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
saw Boyle and Kreider after the game last night- Boyle was not walking all that great- I dont think he is a big fan of Tortarella, and would love to see him in Boston, but with Yeti and Spooner, and still Kelly for probably another year or so cant see it. Kreider looked good on one of the shifts down by me- can really skate and hoping he makes it in a big way

Boyle is an embarrasment to Mass hockey an embarrasment, I would never root for that diving dbag. 6-5 and he dives like PK so he can block a shoot, he dives just as much total wuss.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Agreeing with Sarge is fine...That does not make you or him correct in the assessment. If you are taking Seidenberg instead of McDonough or Girardi....Then I think that pretty much sums up that you are a great FAN of your team but don't exactly want to give much credit when its due. Seids is a solid player who becomes way better when paired with Chara. On his own he is a 3-4 deman. The BRUIN system has also helped him look better....If not he might still be in Carolina or Philly.

They both at best would be equal to Seidenberg. You really think Seidenberg is a 3-4 defenseman? I disagree completely with that; Boychuk would fit what you're talking about more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad