Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF - GAME 6 - GOODBYE COLUMBUS - BRUINS WIN SERIES 4-2 - PART II

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Why is every non afternoon game at 8? That ****ing blows. Especially since they won’t drop the puck until at least 8:15. If any games go to overtime ****ing forget it

Do they not realize most people work 9-5’s or 8-4?

This was great when I was in college and then after working at a youth center until 8 but man does it suck when you get up at 7 and work with elementary school kids.

I really don’t get the 8 o’clock thing, it’s ****ing stupid as hell. The east cost in the biggest market and really only market consistently watching an eastern conference final, I’m willing to bet about 70% of fans work early shifts. Aren’t you just asking for people to tune out early? That puts game endings around 1040 minimum and like I said if it goes to overtime that’s brutal.

Did they always do this? I feel like games still aired at 7 even in the finals against Vancouver

I think the Finals against Vancouver were 8:00 starts but too long ago to remember.

Reason for the 8:00 instead of 7:00 starts is probably 2 reasons. First is that NBC wants the game to be on during prime time hours which is 8:00-11:00. 7:00-8:00 is not part of prime time. Second is that, at least for the games that will be on regular NBC instead of NBC Sports, the 7:00-8:00 hour is reserved for local affiliate programming so don't think the games can start before 8:00 on regular NBC.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
There are fans EVERYWHERE!
17547.jpeg

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I think the Finals against Vancouver were 8:00 starts but too long ago to remember.

Reason for the 8:00 instead of 7:00 starts is probably 2 reasons. First is that NBC wants the game to be on during prime time hours which is 8:00-11:00. 7:00-8:00 is not part of prime time. Second is that, at least for the games that will be on regular NBC instead of NBC Sports, the 7:00-8:00 hour is reserved for local affiliate programming so don't think the games can start before 8:00 on regular NBC.
i remember those 8pm against vancouver when we had season tickets. brutal. ww live in central mass and driving home from those games took forever as they were working on rt 93 at the time. got home after 1am every time

Reactions: Alicat and caz16

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

The "Prime Time Access Rule" (which was to enocurage local affiliates produce local programming, like Boston's Chronicle) hasn't been in effect since 1996. And even long before then, the 7 PM hour was clogged by nationally syndicated shows (WOF/J!, and all those silly entertainment magazine shows).

So, if the NHL and NBC wanted to start a game at 7 PM Thursday and broadcast it nationally, there's nothing stopping them - just like CBS starts their pregame Thursday Night Football at 7:30 on occasion. This won't happen, because NBC doesn't show the playoffs until the SCF. And the 7 PM hour is actually quite lucrative for affiliates, and NBC 10 (and every other NBC affiliate) would throw a fit if they did this, because a 7 PM start would often leave programming from 10 PM on empty, while hockey neatly fits in an 8-11 PM block if there's no OT.

The bigger reason for the 8 PM start is simply the West Coast, I imagine. You may lose 5% of the viewers in the East by starting the game an hour late, but you more than make up for it in viewers in the West.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Been like this forever. A good problem to have

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So, who is going to step up in game one?

I expect a speedy barn burner. Not high scoring, but a lot of action.

Is Moore gonna step back in? Does Carlo go back with Chara? Then who is with Krug? Does Gryz get moved to his off side and Moore/Kampfer step into his spot on the 3rd pairing?

Coyle is about due. Really hoping all the speed lets guys like Marchand and Pastrnak work their magic.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Good luck. I knew about the trip, and was figuring you were going to fly and take one for the team. Driving is boss! Good luck with New Jersey.

I’m the guy that asked Partners to let me drive to Epic. Wouldn’t even entertain it. I’ll fly when driving isn’t an option, that’s really it.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would go:
Chara-Grzelcyk
Krug-Carlo
Moore-Clifton

Gryz is not so hot on his right side though. He can do it, but in a ECF finals game I don't know if a meh Grizz is ideal (granting that losing Charlie for a game is not ideal).This where the loss of Charlie hurts with the next man up since Miller is down too. I wonder about Chara-Clifton, leave Carlo-Krug together and put Kampfer with Grizz? Moore is I think still a bit banged up, but he is also not terrific as a rightie. I don't know, what you posted is what we might see and it isn't awful.

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Very nice picture of Charlie, with his elbow tucked down, his body from about the waist up to
his shoulders making contact with the CBJ
all at the same time, but yes his shoulder is hitting the head of the CBJ player.

Here's the problem I have with this hit, well the reaction from the league.

Other than not making the hit in it's entirety, what else is McAvoy suppose to do there. Sure ideally he'd bend his knees and tuck down more to ensure the shoulder make contact with the chest and not the head, but we're talking about a very fast sport with guys of a pretty decent size/height range. In a practical sense seems pretty hard for McAvoy to do anything other than what he did if he chooses to play physical (which he should).

Reactions: Bergyesque

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Kukan comes skating with speed ,elbow up and drills Backes in the face ,2 minutes
Now see this is the problem I have...I get giving Charlie Mac a game even though I don't think he meant to hit in the head...What I DON'T get is why Kukan got nothing for what looked like an intentional elbow to David B's head ??? :madfire::madfire::madfire:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
If Moore is in make one move so the other pairings are not effected
Chara - Moore
Krug- Carlo
Gryz - Clifton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad