BRUINS GDT ECSF/ADF GAME 6 7:12 PM | BRUINS (3) @ Columbus (2) - Second Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Actually, on like the 4th replay, his arm hits Anderson's chest first, though most of the contact hit him in the jaw. I could also see them justifying it somewhat by saying Anderson was leaning forward a bit. At this point, who the hell knows what the league sees.
Anderson leaning forward and his head being down made things even worse

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
He's got them lined up to hit him. Anderson puts his head down and Charlie is already committed to the hit what else can you do?

Reactions: BruinsFTW

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Regardless of whether the call was right or wrong, it’s just unnecessary with 20 seconds left in the period. Go get the puck and burn the rest of the period off.

It is, still, heat of the moment stuff. No excuse. Bad hit.

Though it is so difficult not to let expletives fly about CBJ. Or, of course, any club that isn't the Bruins.

It ain't easy being black & gold.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I'll say this...

I don't think McAvoy intentionally targeted his head, or intended on throwing a headshot...

However...the contact hit the head...He should get 5 and tossed...thats the rules...

We caught a huge break...

Naturally people will come out the woodwork on the main boards of the DIRTY BRUINS and the leagues hilarious BOSTON BIAS....but whatever..

We did get lucky...But I don't think for one second McAvoy targeted his head intentionally...He isn't that type of player

I totally agree McAvoy did not target his head but at what point we give merit to "intention" hard judgement calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad