BRUINS GDT ECSF/ADF GAME 6 7:12 PM | BRUINS (3) @ Columbus (2) - Second Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
A four minutes double minor I would have called it. They got a break . I’ll admit but can they kill it off. Losing McAvoy the rest of the third and who knows maybe OT as well. It’s a big time break and relief .

Reactions: sarge88

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
McAvoy was just playing physical hockey. Bad hits happen it's a fast game. he had no bad intent on that hit
Clearly a hit to jaw but, to be fair, his head was slightly down and caught part of his chest it looks like, so can’t say it was clearly head hunting.

A good hit that was higher than targeted. A mistake but not egregious. Backes hit was way worse IMO

Reactions: BMC and BigGoalBrad

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Columbus has got every huge call this series.

The 5 minute vs 2 minute is a good break. More concerned that we cannot blow this because we’re not going to have our best defenseman in game 7

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
No intent to injure there. Kept his arm in. Unfortunate for Anderson that he was so low. No chance McAvoy gets suspended. I have no issue with that hit. Charlie was just trying to make a big hit and did nothing dirty there. Turned out bad, that's all. 2 mins was the correct call.

My main worry at this point is some puke on Columbus taking a cheap shot at a B now.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Don't think Mac was headhunting but it was a hit to the head. Call went the Bruins way but not one I like. I am not a fan of headshots. Rather one of the goal calls go our way instead of this but I guess we will take it. If that was hit on a Bruin like the one to Backes that was not called I would be pissed as I was then.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I'll say this...

I don't think McAvoy intentionally targeted his head, or intended on throwing a headshot...he was tucked and throwing what he thought would be a clean hit, but shit happens...

However...the contact hit the head...He should get 5 and tossed...thats the rules...

We caught a huge break...

Naturally people will come out the woodwork on the main boards of the DIRTY BRUINS and the leagues hilarious BOSTON BIAS....but whatever..

We did get lucky...But I don't think for one second McAvoy targeted his head intentionally...He isn't that type of player

Reactions: HumBucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad