BRUINS GDT ECSF/ADF GAME 6 7:12 PM | BRUINS (3) @ Columbus (2) | NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Torts is an annoying clown.

like his in game approach, he hasn`t changed, maybe settled down slightly but not much, still insists all his teams commit to blocking shots as his defensive system and if/when it`s shown cracks, he`s never been a guy who has made in game adjustments well despite the ring he wears from years ago.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
like his in game approach, he hasn`t changed, maybe settled down slightly but not much, still insists all his teams commit to blocking shots as his defensive system and if/when it`s shown cracks, he`s never been a guy who has made in game adjustments well despite the ring he wears from years ago.
I've always felt the shot blocking stuff only works for so long. The buy-in fades pretty quickly, especially when you fall behind.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've always felt the shot blocking stuff only works for so long. The buy-in fades pretty quickly, especially when you fall behind.

I think it just gets the point where players throw in the towel having to hit the ice bags even more than usual playing that system. It`s too tasking and watching the last few games, you can see Jacket players starting to struggle a bit with it.

When facing a JT team, the B`s always found the most success just by what they have done over the last few games, by not committing to that first shot, THAT`S the one that will most often get blocked, faking a shot and shifting just a bit to one side or another or quickly using a winger a touch wide outside of the shot lane has opened things up and when teams find success vs Torts in this regard, he has NEVER been a coach who adjusts to it, no plan B

Reactions: sooshii

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Josh Anderson and his whiny, fake tough guy act getting smothered for a grand total of 0 goals is nice. Maybe they'll post the HITS total again.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bite.your.tongue.

55575658_10217416705862300_9167244918899343360_n.jpg

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
4-2 good guys.

I can see one goal each for the top 3 lines and 1 by a defender not named Carlo.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I'm sick of Torts and I am sick of the entire team in general so I hope the Bruins come out and shove at least 5 goals down their throats tonight and send them packing.

Dubois is one guy I'll be watching tonight. Game 5 in Boston he was invisible and quiet like church mouse, but game 4 in Columbus he was playing the role of the weasel pretty well, with some cheap-shot late hits and slashes, as well as being very chirpy in front of the home crowd. I expect the same out of him tonight and I'd love to see one of the Bruins, lay him out with a clean, but devastating body check or a Chara straight left .:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad