Boston Bruins ECSF/ADF GAME 4 - BRUINS (1) @ Columbus (2) - Second Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If only there was something the officials could do to stop the play if they lose sight of the puck.
this is the part I can't wrap my head around. like OK, nobody saw it hit the netting. But it DID hit the netting. Which means none of them were looking at the puck at that moment. Which means THEY SHOULD HAVE BLOWN THE PLAY DEAD ANYWAY

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Nobody hates the Bruins, people just want them to tighten the hell up, not allow 3-4 odd man rushes per PP, and bring some physicality and push back.

I think they’re all valid concerns, honestly. It’s not all rainbows and butterflies. People just want the Bruins to not let Columbus dictate the play.

No its not, that's why i'm overreacting every time Columbus throws a hit. Big Fing woop

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
NHL is the worst run league of all four major sports. Don’t even think it’s close.
I don’t know, I don’t watch basketball but hear that officiating is pretty bad. I believe that the quality of officials has not kept up with the quality of the athletes they are officiating.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Very NBA-esque display by the league during this year's playoff...

The NBA is bad, but at least their calls are mostly debatable and haven't cost a team the playoffs yet.
Lmfao because it fell directly into a CBJ players lap who then passed to Panarin for the empty net it's all good and fine in the world of the NHL.

It's pretty stupid. First of all it's pretty unlikely that the first touch after it hitting the netting goes into the net and second of al if players are aware of that rule, why wouldn't they immediately pass the puck to prevent the refs from reviewing it?

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
What really bothers me about that goal was the officials didn't even huddle to discuss it. You could see Bergeron pleading to them but they just ignored him and dropped the puck.

This is inexcusable but also why didn't the bruins challenge it?

No grounds. Not Goalie interference or offside.

Reactions: TCB

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The NBA is bad, but at least their calls are mostly debatable and haven't cost a team the playoffs yet.

It's pretty stupid. First of all it's pretty unlikely that the first touch after it hitting the netting goes into the net and second of al if players are aware of that rule, why wouldn't they immediately pass the puck to prevent the refs from reviewing it?

Their calls are designed to swing the outcome of games even if you can debate them. It's why my interest in that league has waned over the years. They openly manipulate the games to make sure the series runs long and everyone makes more money.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad