Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 2 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! - CBJ 3 BRUINS 2 2OT - Series tied 1-1

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I guess the league wants a new team to win a cup, why else would you assign the horrific Tim Peel to officiate. I'm tired of seeing us getting screwed over in OT, that Riley Nash penalty against Ottawa a few years back is still fresh in my mind, then this. Why do we never get the PP in OT. This is the last year I subscribe to the NHL package and it's all because of the horrendous officiating who ruin the game.
Eh, you have to earn pp’s in OT. Or the other team needs to do something dumb. Boston did it twice to themselves.

Time to have the talk with their own power play (again) about being responsible with the puck. That and stop the cross ice pass stuff because it isn’t there.

And for the love of god start dumping the puck in the opposite corner of Jones. He’s eating you alive back there.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Refs made those two horrible passes?

Bergeron lazy on that penalty. Has to know better Speaking of that can Chara make the smart play on that PK and go up the boards?

Most irritating loss in a long time. Bruins are better but now even up going on the road to play in a tough place.

chara cant go up the boards or he will put it over the glass. he always makes these weak clears because hes afraid to go off the glass.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Cassidy needs to call out the top line and call out pasta! Have some balls and don’t let the top line cruise. I am Sick of this ohh we shut down Tavares... ohh they are all hurt... if they are hurt let them Watch from the box. Play backes studniak and Kuhlman next game and scratch the whole top Line, if they want to be outplayed by the 4 th line might as well do it from the box. Double OT loss sucks... but I want backes in ... next game.. this is his series style and I can name 5 players that should be out over him. Change
It up Cassidy.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Back to basics!

Reunite Marchand, Bergeron and Pasta.

DeBrusk, Krejci, Heinen

Johansson, Coyle, Nordstrom

Wagner, Kuraly, Acciari

Leave it and let it work.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
I'm going to whine about the refs one more time because I rewatched that bergeron scoring chance and didnt notice the first time that he actually doesn't even get a shot off on the first attempt because hes getting hooked. So yeah, even MORE inexcusable not to make the call there. For the record, the tripping call was obvious. But the hook was just as obvious, and much, much, MUCH more impactful on the game.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
The Bruins just made me speed-cook a box of Kraft Spiral Mac n cheese and eat it in like 13 seconds.
Damn you, Bruins.

Looked great in the 1st, and was okay the rest of the game. Two good teams. Its a series.
2OT + PK is playing with fire.

Goodnight

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Something I've noticed this playoffs regarding the reffing in most of the series -- they are calling clear trips when it's one on one and away from the pack, as well as most high sticks. Most everything else is being ignored to a large degree. Interference, holding, roughing, boarding, etc are happening a TON this playoffs without being called. Carelessness with the stick is what's causing penalties. Keep sticks out of players' feet and away from their face. Hit the hell out of people and clutch and grab all you want, but for the love of all things don't get careless with the stick.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The Bruins just made me speed-cook a box of Kraft Spiral Mac n cheese and eat it in like 13 seconds.
Damn you, Bruins.

Looked great in the 1st, and was okay the rest of the game. Two good teams. Its a series.
2OT + PK is playing with fire.

Goodnight

If this post doesn’t sum up our night...

BRAVO!!

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
He sucked entire playoffs m He owes alot of dinners .Bye them myself he wakeups.
Jesus christ give it a rest man.

Bergeron doesn't need to be scoring to be effective. Totally shut 45+ goal Tavares out for the most part. Clearly what Cassidy had intended for him to do.

Had plenty of chances tonight. He'll cash in on them eventually.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
The Bruins really missed an opportunity here tonight. They let Columbus hang around until they got the PP (that they so desperately need to get anything done).

The Bruins didn't have the killer instinct tonight. Fatigue may be a factor. I'm glad there are two days off.

Also, I think the Bruins should pull this out. So far, the only thing I see that CBJ is really good at is blocking shots. I was far more impressed with Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad